Eberron: Curse of the Cold Sun (game thread)

81Dagon

Explorer
Arthun:
“Well that does help a little,” says the woman, “although to be honest, I’d trade them here and now to get rid of all of these raiders. The Last War is supposed to be over and the Darguun have never had this much of an interest in New Galifer.”

One of the hobgoblin prisoners snorts at the last sentence and mutters something under its breath in the Goblin tongue.

Diaz:
“Very well Mister White, you are expected. Allow me to call of the dogs, then you may proceed.”

The woman place a large whistle studded with light yellow gems to her mouth and blows a high pitch note. With that, all of the baying suddenly stops and the hounds cower away from the noise leaving a clear entrance path.

He must wait for a few minutes in the entrance chamber, but an elderly man with partially balding grey hair limps down the stairs on a cane, wearing a find green double breasted suit.

“You! White is it? I hear, Mr. White, that you have come from the darkest of the smog clouded corners of Eberron. I am more interested in hearing what you have to say and the message you bring, you forgive me but time is money and I don’t have time for small talk.”

Vela:
The masks tinkle against each and Vela steps into the grove. For a moment, all is silent.

“Ah, it is not often that I see many of my own people!” exclaims a voice above and behind her in the Talenta language. “What brings you here mountless, traveler?”

Bertram:
“Extremely peculiar,” replies the priest. “The Mockery and Shadow are two of the most commonly worshiped Six amongst goblins, but I have never heard of anyone worshiping the scale’s version of the Gods, except for true eclectics. The scales do not appreciate it, so that almost always ends badly. If you find anything more out, please let me know. Is there anything else you need?”

Shayuri

First Post
Vela winces a little at herself...had she no ears to hear? If the mask-weaver had been an enemy, she'd have been struck down before she could have lifted a finger.

She turns around and holds up the package.

"Not mountless. I am letting him rest from the journey here. I took this delivery for House Orien. It's for you."

With a look around, Vela can't resist wondering aloud, "Did you weave all of these yourself?"

Kaodi

Hero
"What was that, my goblin fellow? I would have thought you brave enough to speak up," says Arthun in accented goblin. Then he adds in Common, "Interests change, alliances change, factions change. Same way that damn war lasted so long to begin with. I do not suppose there is any other way I could be of assistance? I could use a rest for a few days, but we are rather far away from my usual employment and a man can only sit around so long with a tab adding up unattended to. I bet my companions will feel the same way as well."

Davachido

Explorer
Diaz gives a short bow to Iormel "I understand sir, time is indeed precious for us all. I hear Norro is not a competent fellow, so incompetent he can't even get his documents. However lighting your way is the information he now lacks." Diaz puts the package on the table.

"As for my personal opinion, we don't need people like Norro around. He doesn't look for all our interests. I know though some battles can't be won with blade. I'm sure you know how to take advantage of those fights more than I" White smiles.

I wonder, is this all he wants from me?

Scotley

Hero
Bertram:
“Extremely peculiar,” replies the priest. “The Mockery and Shadow are two of the most commonly worshiped Six amongst goblins, but I have never heard of anyone worshiping the scale’s version of the Gods, except for true eclectics. The scales do not appreciate it, so that almost always ends badly. If you find anything more out, please let me know. Is there anything else you need?”

"I am at your service. I will be staying at The Old Bridge if you learn anything more of have need of me. In the meantime I'll see what I can learn."

Bertram makes his observances and heads back to The Old Bridge. He takes the scenic route so as to get an idea of the layout of the town and what is available here. Soon enough he is sitting at a table with a cold ale and a fresh cigar awaiting the return of his companions of the road.

81Dagon

Explorer
[sblock=The Good, The Bad and The Not-Quite-So-Ugly]
The Good:
The Computer is back up and running, my maps were online and I was able to recover some documents from my iPad.

The Bad:
Everything else is gone and I'm in my busiest part of the semester right now with report cards and PTIs coming up, so I'm not going to have the time to recreate it and the update rate will likely remain slow for a couple more weeks although I will keep them coming.

The Not-Quite-So-Ugly:
Fortunately, I have a pretty good memory, so I can recreate most of what I lost eventually. I'm also going to start looking for a replacement for Vertexx.

With all that said, lets get back to business![/sblock]

Vela:
"That is good," says the blonde halfling as he climbs down, "one should never travel alone. My thanks for making the journey out here, I know it has become treacherous."

"Not completely upon my own. A bit of folk magic goes along way on the frontier, so people will often volunteer their time. The children like the colours of the masks and their parents worship the same gods as we to don the plains, even if they do it in a different way. There a few Talanteans who cross the mountains though. I must ask, how did you come here?"

Diaz:
"That is excellent to hear good sir. The world is changing and change means that you need to have allies. There is a certain wonder to knowing exactly the place one stands in the world and right now, I am standing over untold riches, enough to turn this town from a hovel to a capital. Norrow's too much of a bleeding heart to do what it will take to make this place truly great."

"I'll call upon you if I need you. For now, the Town Speaker and I have shared interest in hunting down these raiders that plague us so. From the looks of it, you've had some encounters with them yourself, so I wouldn't be surprised if Norro tries to call on you to help solve our problem. Do as he asks, but at the very least, make him pay for it. No reason to start giving to the weaklings away for free, eh?"

Arthun:
The goblin snaps back, "You think you speak my tongue, wretch, but you can't even hear the obvious. My only regret right now is that I'm not likely to live long enought to see the stupid look on your face before you die!"

"What did he say?" asks Soranna. "If you're looking for something to do, I sure that our town speaker, Norro ir'Wiston, can find you something to do if you seek him out. Otherwise, I'd suggest keeping your sword arm ready. Dol Dorn knows that these foul wolf-riders keep getting closer two town, so it is only a matter of time before we'll need to call upon the Sun and the Steel to guide our hands."

Bertram:
"Thank you my child, you have my blessings in solving this mystery. May the Sovereigns guard your soul from the Six."

Bertram doesn't have to walk too far to find the Inn, which literally has an arched bridge built into its roof that is painted gold. As usual, the Dragonmarked can't help but draw attention to themselves. Stepping in, he finds a homely waiting room inside, with many sofas and chilled baths of ice water to cool wineskins in.

"Welcome traveller!"
say a brown haired male halfling with a massive dragonmark covering his face. "I am Kellin d'Ghallanda, at your service! How may I aid you today?"

Shayuri

First Post
Vela gives the mask weaver a slightly confused smile and shrugs.

"On Kikarten. We met some others coming this way and we all traveled together. There was some trouble on the road, but nothing the group of us couldn't handle. Is the road here so difficult that visitors are unusual?"

Scotley

Hero
Bertram:
"Thank you my child, you have my blessings in solving this mystery. May the Sovereigns guard your soul from the Six."

Bertram doesn't have to walk too far to find the Inn, which literally has an arched bridge built into its roof that is painted gold. As usual, the Dragonmarked can't help but draw attention to themselves. Stepping in, he finds a homely waiting room inside, with many sofas and chilled baths of ice water to cool wineskins in.

"Welcome traveller!"
say a brown haired male halfling with a massive dragonmark covering his face. "I am Kellin d'Ghallanda, at your service! How may I aid you today?"

Bertram stands a little taller upon seeing the homely waiting room as if a the weight of the road, his wounds and the oppressive heat have been lifted. "Well met indeed Kellin, I am Bertram. I must tell you that this little haven from the swamp outside is a most pleasing sight. I am in need of lodgings for a few days at least and I expect some of my companions of the road to join me here soon. If you could arrange a room, stabling for my horse and maybe a bath, afterward I'd like to settle in on one of those couches with a cool flagon of wine. It has been a most unpleasant journey."

[sblock=OOC]Data loss is a killer. No worries. I am content to play at a modest pace until you are caught up.[/sblock]

Davachido

Explorer

Diaz:
"That is excellent to hear good sir. The world is changing and change means that you need to have allies. There is a certain wonder to knowing exactly the place one stands in the world and right now, I am standing over untold riches, enough to turn this town from a hovel to a capital. Norrow's too much of a bleeding heart to do what it will take to make this place truly great."

"I'll call upon you if I need you. For now, the Town Speaker and I have shared interest in hunting down these raiders that plague us so. From the looks of it, you've had some encounters with them yourself, so I wouldn't be surprised if Norro tries to call on you to help solve our problem. Do as he asks, but at the very least, make him pay for it. No reason to start giving to the weaklings away for free, eh?"

"That much is agreed sir, I thank you for giving me some of your time." White bows. "I shall see myself out, good luck to you" White leaves the house courteously and swiftly not wishing to spend too much time there. After leaving the house he returns to where the group had separated. Of course not everyone had finished their own talks so he sits down on some patch of green someplace and gazes towards the sky. He thinks to himself of something interesting to do, he knows nothing of town so he decides to wander to the closest tavern to see what there is to see or hear.. as the case might be.

Kaodi

Hero
Arthun stares daggers at the hobgoblin for a moment before turning to Soranna and answering, "He was insulting my fluency is all. Thank you for taking them off my hands, I think I will head back to confer with my companions now." The man nods politely to the woman and then turns to leave.

Remove ads