• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron: Curse of the Cold Sun (game thread)

81Dagon

Explorer
As he prepares to dismount, Bertram realizes that there is yet another foe aligned against the group... a large clawfoot is hiding in the brush as well. Even worse, it doesn't appear to be a natural dinosaur, as smoke is curling from its nostrils and its feathers appear to be literally made of fire!
[sblock=map] Screen Shot 2013-05-18 at 12.25.44 AM.png[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
"Flaming lizards as well, no wonder its so blasted hot out here." He gestures at the clawfoot for emphasis. "Bout to get hotter I'm thinking."

Kaodi

Hero
As quick as hey may Arthun draws steel as he whispers words of arcane power and weaves their magic with his other hand. No effect is immediately apparent, though Arthun guesses that at least one of his companions can identify it as a spell of shielding. "I was propositioned once while serving with some Dargunni mercenaries in the employ of House Deneith," he answers. And then in thickly accented goblin he adds, "But I doubt that is why you are here."

[sblock=ooc] Since everyone is going colourful I might as well add one myself! White would be bad for that so purply pink it is. See edit, wrong account posting again :/[/sblock]

I hope I can take down a couple in single throws... let's see how easy they fall.

White is poised ready to strike, his hand itching to throw the blank fang at his enemies if they get any ideas. Let's get this dealt with, I would rather they move on but if it's a fight they want. That's what they are going to get."

Last edited:

81Dagon

Explorer
There is no immediate reaction from the hobgoblins as Bertram slides from his saddle. It doesn't seem to have quite sunk in yet that their trap has been spotted, giving you the time to act!

[sblock=occ]Shayuri posted in the other thread that he's okay with DM initiative rolls, so I've placed Vela on the rolled at Initiative 22. The order looks like this:

22 - PC
21 - PC
20 - PC
17 - Wolf
16 - Velociraptor
15 - PC
11 - Hobgoblins
9 - PC

Two more PCs may act.
[/sblock]
[sblock=map]Screen Shot 2013-05-18 at 10.08.38 AM.png[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Farmhouse Ambush Round 1
Boom-boom Ryder
Goblin Artificer 5
HP 39/39

Bangarang fires his bolt squarely into the side of the wolf, sending the front of the barrel sliding back into the rest of the gun body to absorb the recoil. It's arms unfold from the sides of the barrel as it re-extends and one reaches under the gun to reset the mechanism while the other drops a bolt into the top of the chamber. Boom-boom isn't ready for what little recoil remains and sends a bolt streaming off into the great blue yonder, then reloads in the same way. "Bah! Good shot Bang!"
[sblock=Actions]Free: Speak
Swift: ...
Move: reloading
Standard: Firing 2 arrows at the wolf, Hit FFAC of 21 for 8 and miss [/sblock][sblock=OOC]Mounted Combat Info: Ride check +15 to negate the 1st hit each round that would strike Bangarang.

Damage Summary:
Wolf FFAC 21 for 8[/sblock]

81Dagon

Explorer
The blot strikes into the wolf, which yowls and startles two hobgoblins nearest to it, who look up and realize they are under attack from above.

[sblock=OCC]One PC may still act before the Wolf and the Raptor[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Vela is quiet during the exchange, and she barely moves her head as she looks around. The dinosaur she's riding, which looks a little like a large clawfoot or a small carver, but with markings and weird little plated scales that are out of place, perks up its head and flares its nostrils.

"Spirits of my ancestors," she murmurs in the tongue of the Talenta Plains, "Stop the swords and claws of my foes."

A pale white mist rises around her, twists into a vortex, and vanishes.

"I could use a little sword and claw stopping too, you know," mutters the dinosaur irritably. It hisses as she slaps the back of its head. "What?! We're miles from the Plains now! For all they know this is normal!"

"I think they know a talking carver is not normal," Vela huffs. "Now go! Strike first!"

It grins a shark's grin. Even for a dinosaur, that was a lot of teeth. "Now you're talking my language."

The two wheel around and lope back to do battle with the enemy flaming clawfoot! With one bound the dinosaur leaps over the underbrush and tries to snatch up the smaller animal between its jaws!

[sblock=roll]Vela casts Shield on self. Kiki charges the velociraptor. 18 to hit (including Charge bonus, which reduces Kiki's AC to 17 this round), 9 damage from bite.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4055076/[/sblock]

81Dagon

Explorer
Despite having to jump out of the gully, Kik almost literally soars into the underbrush, attacking the over clawfoot with vigor and taking a chunk out of its neck. Instead of blood, though, the creature bleeds liquid fire, and simply appears enraged. It looks about ready to return the favour, but instead of of biting down, it blasts fire into your faces from its jaws!

Meanwhile, the wolf seems to have decided that it doesn't particularly like Boom-Boom and Bang. It stalks forward and snarls, then leaps into the air... and never comes down. It hovers eerily in mid-air, darting from one tree trunk to another to try and avoid another blast from Bang's cannon or Boom's crossbow.

[sblock=occ]The jungle and the gully walls slow you down a bit, but Kiki still has enough move to reach the dino. Both Vela and Kiki have to make a reflex save however, or take 7 fire damage and risk catching on fire.

Due to the thick leaves and treetrunks in the canopy, the wolf has concealment against ranged attacks while it remains in the air not above the path. It is currently flying level with Boom-Boom, who has the same concealment versus the hobgoblins if they elect to attack at range.

One PC may act.[/sblock]
[sblock=map]Screen Shot 2013-05-19 at 3.05.22 AM.png[/sblock]

Davachido

Explorer
White throws his weapon trying to take out the Hobgoblins. If an attack downs one of them he moves onto the next one.
First hit taking one of hobgoblins straight across the chest. The other threatening to finish off which poor sap got a hit from the black fang.

Fly my fangs, bite their heads off.

[sblock=attack and damage rolls]
(I'm guessing these guys have cover from these attacks at the minute so increase their AC by 2)
Attack 1:1d20+9=28
Attack 2: 1d20+9=29
Confirm: 1d20+9=14

Damage 1: 1d8+13=16
Damage 2: 1d8+13=17
Crit if confirmed: 1d8+13=19
[/sblock]

Remove ads