Eberron: Curse of the Cold Sun (game thread)

81Dagon

Explorer
One of the charging warriors falls to Boom's bomb and the other two look badly singed.

[sblock=OCC]White and Vela may act. Also, I take back what I said about needing to make it harder.[/sblock]
[sblock=map] Screen Shot 2013-07-22 at 10.06.15 PM.png[/sblock]

Davachido

Explorer
White takes a step back and throws his chakrams once again. Desparately throwing them as surely they will be overwhelmed otherwise. He attacks the nearest tough hobgoblin first before throwing it at another.

Dammit.. for one of us to go down now. I hope he's alright..

[sblock=attacks]
Attacks:1d20+9=18, 1d20+9=17
Damage:1d8+13=14, 1d8+13=17
[/sblock]

81Dagon

Explorer
The hobgoblin tries to get out the way of the chakrams but isn't quite quick enough. Both blow through his armour and cut deep blood wounds in his chest. He shouts out in the goblin tongue, and primes to attack again!

[sblock=goblin]Take them brothers, no matter what! They have cost us dearly, but they are ready to fall and their flesh is strong. No matter what, take them so that the Empire may live on! Remember your vows to me and remember your vows to the Wyrmlords. Take them even if I fall![/sblock]
[sblock=OCC]Vela may act.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Vela scowled. Things were getting out of control. Too many attackers, and the others with her were too weak. Truth be told, her own wounds were hurting her too.

She closed her eyes for a moment, and spoke an invocation in the language of the plains; the Talenta halflings. "Astorr namakon, Breath of the Highsun Storms, visit this field of blood!"

And over the goblins, a slice opened in the sky...a portal called by the magic. Something roiled on the other side...an endless tempest of sand and dust and wind, howling and scouring. A blast of particles roared out; the tiniest fraction of the beast that waited. Trees and bushes rocked, their leaves stripped from them by the rush of sandgrains and grit.

The goblins in the blast were covered in dust, and their eyes and noses were assaulted!

(Glitterdust on M11 K13 and N14: Will DC 16 or be blinded!)

Kiki then hopped down onto the road just behind the horse and lashed out at the larger goblinoid there with a savage bite!

(Move to G10 and attack with flanking: 24 to hit 8 damage.)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4151391/

81Dagon

Explorer
Vela’s attack drops the dual-wielder, finally. The triumph is short lived though, as the clawfoot sidesteps again, launching another barrage of bladed talons and teeth against Arthun, although only one claw sinks deep enough to do real damage.
Two of the oncoming warriors are blinded by Vela’s spell and attempt to retreat, while the other two make their way into the battle cautiously, trying to avoid anymore bombs dropped from above. A third makes his way around the side of the battle, slashing at Kiki, trying to rid Vela of the advantage of her mount while shouting in goblin!
[sblock=goblin]Vengeance for the Captain shall be mine![/sblock]

[sblock=OCC]
Arthun takes five damage. Kiki takes eight damage.
Anyone may act.[/sblock]
[sblock=map]Screen Shot 2013-07-31 at 1.12.52 PM.png[/sblock]

Davachido

Explorer
They are on the run, good. Let's take those out who wish to stay!

The chakrams fly out once again, the first shot flies by far into the air.

Tch, I'm getting tired..

The second shot seems to be go towards the nearest hobgoblin.

Attack: 1d20+9=10, 1d20+9=19
Damage: 1d8+13=18

81Dagon

Explorer
[sblock=occ]Apologies for the delay. Green is our goblin death from above, so the goblins in row K are not in melee. J8 is the raider's flaming dino.[/sblock]
White cleanly beheads the hobgoblin that his harrying Kiki with a level chakram throw.

Kaodi

Hero
Arthun takes a steps away from the vicious raptor and raises his hand with two fingers pointed forward. As much as he would like to put the claws and teeth down for the count he has doubts about whether fire will work on a fire-breather, so he trains his sights on one of the hobgoblins and aims towards it. There is a short flare and they a burning hot rays streaks from his outstretched fingertips. Unfortunately it appears his aim may be just a bit off.

Scorching Ray: 1d20+4=8, 4d6=16 Fire

Remove ads