D&D 5E EB's Into the Eye of the Storm - PotA Campaign - IC

Talin commits the missive to memory then tosses the paper into the fire. He watches as the paper blackens and curls in on itself as the flames consume the note. Talin takes a sip of his drink and looks around the room. Noticing one of the locals he has been drinking with the last couple nights he smiles and grabs his drink crossing the room to stand by the man's table.

"Mind if I join you? I'll buy the next round."

EarlyBird

Explorer
Brother Eardon.jpg Taken slightly by surprise the young human regains his composure and smiles. "Why thank you. A drink would be most pleasant indeed." Talin notices the traveling robes are well worn, and the man seems to be carrying no weapons at all. An oddity for someone who travels in the wilds of the North.

"Brother Eardon, at your service." He says with a lowering of his head in an almost serve-tile bow. "And I take it you are not a local either? From Evereska? Nordahaeril? Silverymoon? I'm sorry they are really the only elven cities I know."

Talin smiles at Brother Eardon and takes a seat. He raises his hand to a serving girl to have her bring the rounds and nods at the mans question.

"You would be correct. I'm from Silverymoon originally but have not been to the city in years. Names Talinthos, just got into town a couple days ago. Heard there was work to be had." Talin nods to the man in greeting. "What brings you to Red Larch?"

EarlyBird

Explorer
Brother Eardon.jpg Brother Eardon thanks the serving girl as she sits down the drinks. He spins the goblet around in his hand before answering. "I roam across most of the small towns in the North, serving as a messenger and itinerant priest, to the smaller hamlets and farmsteads." he says before taking a drink. "In Beliard I was petitioned by a delegation from Mirabar, to deliver word of their pending arrival in Red Larch, and wait for them to take word back north. That was a tenday ago, and they have not yet arrived. So here I am."

Talin takes a sip from his drink. He listens to Brother Eardon. At the mention of the delegation and it's travel from Beliard to Red Larch Talin raises an eyebrow.

"A delegation you say? They're coming from Beliard? Even if they left A couple days after you they should have arrived here by now. I wonder what's delaying them?" Talin looks to the man. "Any idea what the delegation was for? That could explain why they are late."

Niklos makes his way across the room and scrambles up onto a tall stool behind a table near Terry's. A moment later, Mistress Irkell had set a drink in front of him before returning to the bar.

hero4hire

Explorer
While not possessing ears on the outside of her had like mammalian humanoids, Cyan's hearing was still quite keen. Lack of entertainment in the sleepy hamlet made her interested in any type of diversion.
"Pardon me gentlemen. Please allow me to refresh your drinks. The Reptilian produced a flask and poured some into any empty goblets.
"A late delegation you say?

ooc; A little hamfisted on my part. But..meh.

EarlyBird

Explorer
"They're talkin' about them Mirabar dwarves." the innkeep says setting a glass of cold milk down in front of Niklos. "There you are sweet'ems."

She wipes the bar off with a towel, and continues to gossip. "Whole towns been waiting for them to show. People were rushing to get this or that done before they arrived, and now all they do is sit around and watch the road."

Brother Eardon nods at her words. "I'm just the messenger here, they could have been delayed for a multitude of reasons. I would like to continue on soon though, I can't wait forever."

Brother Eardon takes the poured shot and downs it quickly, his throat dry do to all the talking. He convulses and his face screws up into an odd expression.

"Smooth," he says with a nod to the dragonborn.

Terry can't help but interrupt. "I've heard there are dark creatures on the roads these days, beyond the normal brigands and highwaymen. Monsters of foul purpose appearing in various parts of the North killing and leaving the corpses with their possessions. How big was this delegation? Could it have run afoul of these creatures?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases