D&D 5E EB's Into the Eye of the Storm - PotA Campaign - IC

EarlyBird

Explorer
Terry has a pleasant bath, washing off the days sweat and grime. Tramping through the forest on the look out for bandits isn't as pleasurable as walks looking for herbs and speaking to creatures of the forest.

During the time she makes idle chatter with the women working in the bathhouse. The strange weather peeks her interest and she discovers that it seems to have started about six months ago. Storms out of clear skies, small earthquakes that lasts for a minute or more, and the cold winds out of the east. Learning they are recent she tucks that information away in the back of her mind.

OOC: Will advance to the morning by FRI, if everyone is ready.

Talin smiles as he leaves Ironhead Arms. He had only intended to repair his leathers but Feng had some studded leathers that fit. After some back and forth Talin convinced the half-orc to take his old leathers and some coin for the charcoal grey studded leathers. Talin whistles as he turns up The Long Road heading towards Gaelkur's place. He pulls one of the braided rings from his pouch and starts to roll it across his knuckles. Talin walks into the barber's place nodding to any locals present.

"Marlandro my good man, I need a trim. Do you think you can squeeze me in?"

OOC: Going to see if I can get any gossip form Gaelkur's. I'm also going to see if I can pawn one of the rings.

EarlyBird

Explorer
The barber smiles and nods to the empty chair. "What you got there?" he asks as Talin takes the seat.

The man inspects the ring and tsks, "No gold in it. Not worth much to me." he says handing the ring back.

During the trim he grumbles about the lost Mirabar caravan and the items he wanted to purchase. "Had saved up a bunch of 'new coin' and was hoping to make some deals. They were probably robbed and murdered, somewhere in the Hills. To much ground to walk about and cover to ever find them."

OOC: Make an Insight check while he was talkng.
The rings are silver and electrum, no gold in them. So he'll trade one for 10gp.

Terry heads back to the tavern for dinner, meeting up with the others. "Some of the women at the bath say the weather has been weird of late. Sudden storms from clear skies. I wonder if that is important."

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: I didn't post the Insight check??? Where did that go? Some other thread maybe, lol - I may have to many, at that.

Talin knows the rings are worth more than the man is offering, but it is when he talks about "new coins" that decides the rogue to take the offer anyway.

Later while seating at dinner and talking of storms and if everyone has a mace or hammer (for skeletons, lol), Talin scratches at some of the coins Marlandro gave him. Sure enough it is as he thought, the coins were just lightly gilded brass, and he now had the proof, he would need to send a letter to the guild in Yartar in the morning.

The poor barber was in serious trouble if he had been sending counterfeit coins to the guild.

OOC: Going to advance to the cave tomorrow, sorry for the delay. Busier weekend than normal.
5 coins are fake so only received 5gp for the ring

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Oh my goodness, somehow I got unsubscribed from this thread! I’m here, though! Let’s just st say Captain Barakas Stormsword got drunk and stayed that way until now. He does need to get himself a Maul, though.

EarlyBird

Explorer
The morning dawns cool and foggy, a perfect grey day for the grim task before you. News of what you intend to do has spread through the gossip of the small town, and you are greeted by nods and a tip of the hat here and there as you move through Red Larch.

Talin rejoins the group along the road, after sending off his letter to Yartar. And with the fog Captain Barakas walks along with the group, as scouting from the air will have to wait till the sun burns away the clouds along the ground.

Your destination, Lance Rock is some eight miles southwest of Red Larch, and not hard to spot from the Cairn Road, now the fog has past.

Lance Rock is a narrow, twenty-five foot menhir of bare, gray rock that juts eastward at a sixty-degree angle.

Looking about the area Terry finds an animal trail that leads to a stone ravine choked with brush, some hundred feet from the menhir.

Following the path, it leads you directly to a cave, possibly the former home of some wild or monstrous creature. But a neatly painted sign staked into the ground near the entrance tells everyone you are in the right place.

Come no closer
lest you catch
the disfiguring plague
that afflicts me!
The Lord of Lance Rock

The cave mouth opens into darkness from which a breezes blows, carrying the faint odor of death. Inside is a natural cave, its floor and ceiling uneven. A passage leads to the north, narrowing as it proceeds.

The corpse of a human male is sprawled inside the cave, lying on its back. It wears only leather breeches.

[sblock=Group Status]
Barakas
AC:18, HP: 11/11, HD: 1/1(1d8), 1/1(1d6), WotS: 1/1, Spells: 3/0/0
Cyan
AC:16, HP: 18/18, HD: 1/1(1d8+1), 1/1(1d10+1), SW: 1/1, BW: 1/1
Niklos
AC:14 HP: 17/17, HD: 2/2(1d8+2), Channel Divinity: 1/1, Spells: 3/0/0
Talin
AC:16, HP: 15/15, HD 1/1(1d8+2), 1/1(1d6+2), Evil Eye: 1/1, Spells: 2/0/0
Terry
AC:16, HP: 17/17, HD 2/2(1d8+2), Channel Divinity: 1/1, Spells: 3/0/0
[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
necro cave_L1_PC.jpg[/sblock]

OOC: Please give me a list of your prepared spells for the day in your next post. You may discuss as a group what you wish to take to avoid to much overlay.

After a breakfast of milk and cookies, Niklos gathers his belongings and joins the others on the trek to Lance Rock.
As they walk, he puffs on his pipe, the bubbles encircling his head like a wreath.

[sblock="STATUS"]AC: 14
HP: 17/17
HD: 2/2 (1d8+2)
Channel Divinity Per Short Rest1
Channel Divinity used0
1st2nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th
Spells Per Long Rest3--------
Spells Cast0--------
[/sblock][sblock="SPELLS"]Cantrips:
Sacred Flame
Spare the Dying
Word of Radiance#​
1st level:
Bless+*#d
Cure Wounds+d
Guiding Bolt+
Healing Word+
Purify Food and Drink^
Sanctuary#
Shield of Faith*#​
+ Spell benefits from higher casting level. * Spell requires concentration. ^ Spell can be cast as a ritual.
# Requires a spell focus or cheap material component. $ Requires a material component that costs money. d Domain spell.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Terry wakes with the sunrise and performs her morning prayers. There's a knock on her door during them and she stands and answers the door.
"Miss Terry?" inquires a young girl. She is in her late teens, twenty at the most. Her clothing is worn, handed down perhaps from an older sibling, but clean.
"Ah, Jorleen, here about the job? Please come in." Terry says. "What did Miss Hanadroum tell you about what I need?"
"Miss Hanadroum said you was lookin' to find a chamber maid. I know sewin' an' washin' an' cleanin', Miss Terry."
"That's exactly what I need," Terry says. "The thing is. I don't need a chamber maid every day. Some days I'll be out of town and there would be nothing for you to do. Likewise, I don't need someone to help me dress." She points at her armor. "I'm guessing you haven't much experience with putting on armor. And I don't need, or frankly want, someone fussing over me as I get dressed anyway. And I don't need you to blow out my lamp at night."

"I see, Ma'am." Jorleen answers twisting at the ties of her belt.

Terry resists the urge to say "you can just call me Terry." Jorleen is young and she didn't want her getting into a habit that some nobles would beat her for. "So, I'm paying 3 sp each day I'm here and chores need performing. And days when I'm not here, you'll get a 5 cp retainer."

"Ma'am is quite generous," she says with sincerity.

"So I'm actually not going to be around today. But as this is your first day, I do have some washing that needs done." Terry points to her set of clothes she is not wearing. "And you should wash these beddings. Ask the innkeeper where you can do the laundry. Also, sweep up this floor. Let me introduce you to the innkeeper so she knows you are allowed in my room."

After they do this, they return to the room where Terry finishes getting her adventuring stuff together and her armor on. "Okay, good luck. I don't know if I'll be back in the morning so just stop by to see if I'm here. Here's you 3 sp for the day. I trust you'll finish your work with proper diligence."

"Yes, ma'am," Jorleen says eyeing the silver pieces like she's never seen so much money before.

"Don't disappoint me or Miss Hanadroum, Jorleen," Terry says as she leaves to meet the others for breakfast.

OOC: Spelllist same as yesterday.

1st level: Animal Friendship!+#, Bless, Cure Wounds+, Guiding Bolt+, Shield of Faith#*, Speak with Animals!

And remembered to deduct 3 sp from character sheet. And I added Jorleen's back story to Terry's char sheet. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases