D&D 5E EB's Into the Eye of the Storm - PotA Campaign - IC

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: CHA check vs DC 15, [roll0]

Recognition dawns in the bandits eyes. "You, but your ship went down in the storm Gar conjured." he says a slight look of fright in his eyes. "It's a trick you can't be him."

Captain Barakas strikes the man at the mention of Gar Shatterkeel's name. "That coward will get his!" the teifling cries standing over the man. "Do you know where he is? No? Then point me to Joillver or you will learn that the storm cannot kill me! I am the STORM!"

Not understanding, but seeing the lightning play over Barakas's hands, shoulders, and chest, the distrubed man points west. "Its west, about maybe five hours west of here. A rock that looks like a spearhead slammed into the ground. You can't miss it. The necromancer's cave is near there."

Last edited:

Terry sighs. "Well, that's a long walk. We should have the prisoner's carry the dead back to Red Larch. So we can get them to justice and out of our care before we look into this rock."

Talin nods at the suggestion to return to town. As the others speak he empties the arrows from one of the bandits into his quiver to restock those lost in the fight. Talin then begins to search the clearing. In the process he searches the bodies of the bandits.

OOC: Not sure if I would roll to search for any treasure? Talin is doing a pretty thorough search of the campsite. Plus with these being bandits Talin is pretty sure they have loot stashed somewhere.

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Indeed they do have a stash, under the barred wagon.

Knowing the first thing you do when you rob and murder someone is to stash their belongs until your sure you have gotten away with the deed, Talin searches the make shift campsite thoroughly. He is rewarded with his diligence when he discovers a small sack full of coin and a gold locket that surely didn't belong to these men.

[sblock=small sack]
9 GP
56 SP
69 CP
gold chain & locket (100gp)[/sblock]

OOC: If there is nothing else I'll advance the thread to town and then the next morning. You all will have time for a little anti-necromancer shopping in between.

Last edited:

Terry casts Speak with Animals and walks up to the bear. "What's your name? You are free to go."
"Did any of these men harm you when you were captured?"
"I'm returning to town with these men. I do not think you would be welcome there."
"Remember in the future to avoid the road or you might get caught again."

OOC: And so on.

Terry wants to spend time with the bear but she knows his friendship is false so she also wants him to go away.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Terry casts Speak with Animals and walks up to the bear. "What's your name?"

The bear cocks its head to one side, not sure what is going on at the moment. After it looks about it says in a grunt, "Me Longsleep, it is what they call me."

"Did any of these men harm you when you were captured?"

"No hurt, just laugh. Make me mad."

"I'm returning to town with these men. I do not think you would be welcome there."
"Remember in the future to avoid the road or you might get caught again."

"Home close to road. Will be more careful."

"You are free to go."

"I go home. I tired, need sleep."

And with that the bear moves off towards the cave just north of the road.

EarlyBird

Explorer
It is almost noon when the group returns to Red Larch. Having loaded the dead into the wagon and then tying the two remaining prisoners to it, and allowing them to pull it makes for quite a sight when you reach the small town.

Instantly you are surrounded by gawkers and peppered with questions, until you reach the butcher's shop. Constable Harburk is there with a couple of his deputies who take the prisoners off your hands.

"Great work finding these couple bandits. Any word on the others." he asks when the group and the sheriff are all finally alone.

"That one there told us the rest of them were meeting a necromancer out at the Rock," Terry says. "Near we can tell it's a five hours west here. Heard of it? Or this necromancer?"

Remove ads