D&D 5E EB's One Shot #3: The Lady of the Mist - OOC (full)

EarlyBird

Explorer
The Lady of the Mists
by Peter Aberg

"Some people live past their time, others linger on as ghosts. The Lady could be either."

"Follow the haunting music to the island castle."

This next One Shot will be more RP/Story/Mystery with a bit of life or death combat in between. So the party should have a Face, someone with good Insight, and someone with good Investigation skills which will all be useful. Arcana will come in handy, but not necessary.

The normal rules will apply in recuritment for this game. And I will also give those new to One Shots or have never played in one, a week to respond/make a character before I open recurtiment to everyone.

RULES:(cuze we all need them, all subject to modification)
1. Those players that haven't played in a One Shot as of yet get first dibs on a player slot.
2. PvP is strictly frowned on. So that would be a no to that.
3. No trading of equipment will be allowed - but borrowing something for the adventure is acceptable.
4. Working on downtime/crafting if anyone wishes to discuss this please join us in Main Discussion Thread
5. Have fun! That is a rule so please follow it.

Group:
Mr. Bubbles half-orc warlock
Lee Ravenwood wood elf monk
Ryder half-elf rogue
Ivar Thangardt duergar barbarian
Bilkar Zaragnit gnome druid

LINKS:
Main Discussion Thread
One Shot RG

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
The Lady of the Mists
by Peter Aberg

"Some people live past their time, others linger on as ghosts. The Lady could be either."

"Follow the haunting music to the island castle."

This next One Shot will be more RP/Story/Mystery with a bit of life or death combat in between. So the party should have a Face, someone with good Insight, and someone with good Investigation skills which will all be useful. Arcana will come in handy, but not necessary.

The normal rules will apply in recuritment for this game. And I will also give those new to One Shots or have never played in one, a week to respond/make a character before I open recurtiment to everyone.

RULES:(cuze we all need them, all subject to modification)
1. Those players that haven't played in a One Shot as of yet get first dibs on a player slot.
2. PvP is strictly frowned on. So that would be a no to that.
3. No trading of equipment will be allowed - but borrowing something for the adventure is acceptable.
4. Working on downtime/crafting if anyone wishes to discuss this please join us in Main Discussion Thread
5. Have fun! That is a rule so please follow it.

PARTY:

LINKS:
Main Discussion Thread
One Shot RG
I will post interest.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

tglassy

Adventurer
Interest! I still have my C character to make. Badger and Al don’t really fit in the investigative type of games, though. I was thinking of replacing Nicolo with a Rogue, cause my longest IRL character was a Water Genasi Rogue. He might fit. He’s much more of a Face. His name is Ryder. He once convinced a Chain Devil to join the party by saying “We’re friends!” As the Chain Devil was charging us. He critter his Persuasion roll, and the Chain Devil crit failed his insight at the same time. It was amazing.

I know others get first dibs, but I’ll be one of the alternates.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

EarlyBird

Explorer
Excellent, also there will be no level restriction for this game. Could have lvl 2 and lvl 1 characters playing.

One of the main reasons for a portfolio of characters was to have a bit of something for a couple different types of adventures. I have as of yet haven't run into a Nat 20 vs a Nat 1 - but now that I think about it, there should be a hell of a boon to the Nat 20 roller for certain.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Well, if there is still room after the newbies have signed on, I'd love to participate in this one, too! :)

Could be playing Snorri again, or perhaps the half-orc warlock I'm keen to try. Or I could create my fourth and final character for this one.

But I'll wait to see if I make the cut, first. :p

I still need to make my one shot characters so this seems like a good place to start. I'll probably make a sorcerer or warlock. I don't have either of those in a PBF game yet. :)

EarlyBird

Explorer
I haven't updated the rules since it came out.

I was told the class options were to become RAW, and the rest is optional. So for character gen you can take and use XGtE.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I adjusted my half-orc warlock Mister Bubbles to make it easier to insert him in a game; switched him from criminal to charlatan background. I thought it was hilarious to have a former slave half-orc dress up like a nobleman, with top hat and cane, and the image of Baron Samedi quickly came to mind. So there you have it; a half-orc in fancy clothes, pretending to be a baron, looking scary as hell. :)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Milady is a pretty good Face and has Insight, too. Level 2
Zuleyka is also Level 2. She has Arcana, and a decent Int for Investigation.
Ivar hasn't been played yet. He has Insight trained, though not particularly high yet. Otherwise he's more a leg and lock breaker. Level 1
Magdalena is currently in play elsewhere, so not available.

Remove ads