D&D 5E EB's Storm King's Thunder - OOC (FULL)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Thought Buddy was only 16?? Can we "grow into those stats?? Let me think on it, Buddy's power isn't his skills or abilities it should be in his spells. Maybe I'll lean that way more.

tglassy

Adventurer
Buddy is 16, but he’s 16 because I think the Dice roller rolled d4s instead of d6s, and the only way I could justify in my head having such poor stats was because he was young.

That said, playing with lower stats is an interesting challenge. It’s just hard knowing that with only 5 ASI’s, I can either just focus on Wisdom and just barely get it to 20 by the time he’s lvl 16, or round him out and make him less than mediocre all around.

I’ll admit, though, the thought of slowly building his Cha and Con up to show he’s loosing weight and becoming more attractive and fit, and slowly raising his Int to show he’s studying his magic really hard, does have a certain appeal.

So, since the new stats would add a heck ton of points, could I instead just have an extra point or two when I get an ASI? 3 or 4 points instead of just 2, if I put two of them in different stats? Like, I’d do one in Int and one in Cha, and two in Wis. or something. That way he could grow at a decent pace, I won’t be getting anymore Feats, and by the time he’s lvl 20, he might have a decent stat or two.

EarlyBird

Explorer
I have been thinking of extra points for everyone. The more I look at fighting these giants (from what I have been reading), the scarier it makes me. One crit from a giant weapon could really swing a combat sideways.

This might be the game where we try and make the heroes - super-heroic. LoL

tglassy

Adventurer
Or just give out plenty of Gauntlets of Ogre Strength, Belts of Giant Strength, Helms of Intellect and Priapts of Health or whatever the constitution one is called.

EarlyBird

Explorer
I was thinking adamantine armor.

This game always offers the biggest chance for years to go by (in game). Which is why I wanted to play Fareon's wolf growing up, knew I had the time.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I assumed fighting giants was a matter of wits and roguishness, not trying to be the same strength as one. Makes for a very different style of play.

Don't get me wrong, I love getting stuff. But I don't think we *need* it.

EarlyBird

Explorer
With this group you have a bit of everything.

Wit - Wilhelm and Buddy
Roguish - Searniox and Darian
Strength - Halruhk and Fareon

So this should be a well rounded game, but I think a bit of back up just in case will not hurt to much.

Remove ads