Envoy Warforged: You Pass Butter

JPL

Adventurer
"As an envoy, you were designed with a certain specialized function in mind. You might be an assassin, a healer, or an entertainer, to name a few possibilities. Envoys are the rarest of the warforged subraces, and yours could be a unique design."

So . . . an integrated set of tools. Combine this with the expanded tool rules from Xanathar's Guide, and it's pure roleplaying gold, isn't it? There's a sentient being out there who was built to follow an army around as . . . a cobbler! Or a cook! Or a scribe!

I mean, sure, there's a cartographer model that ends up as a ranger because it has a compulsion to travel and make maps, and an alchemist bot that mixes potions up in his belly . . . but that guy who ultimately sees the multiverse in the context of footwear, that's the Chosen One, right there.

MonkeezOnFire

Adventurer
The idea of a character whose purpose is to serve others suddenly gaining independence is an interesting one. Would they feel lost without an owner telling them what to do? Is their sense of self worth tied to how useful they are to others? These are questions I wanted to explore by playing a humanoid insectoid alien that was exiled from the hive in a Fate sci fi game that never got off the ground. It could be fun to rehash the idea for a D&D character.

JPL

Adventurer
I kind of want to play the brewer bot. An actual walking keg. Play him as a Belushi-esque Big Fat Party Animal, or a super-boring homebrew enthusiast, waxing poetic about pilsners vs. stouts.

gyor

Legend
Water and Land Vehicles are tool profiencies as well.

That's right my Warforged Envoy can have a Galleon or Chariot as a tool!

Okay if the restrict that to the cheapest options a Rowboat and Cart, that wouldn't be over powered, those are cheap and not too big. Maybe the Warforged can act as a flotation/raft device and use it's arms as ors, and the land vehicle can have an extendable storage compartment, and roller skates on it's feet (so animals can pull him or her).

AmerginLiath

Adventurer
Water and Land Vehicles are tool profiencies as well.

That's right my Warforged Envoy can have a Galleon or Chariot as a tool!

Okay if the restrict that to the cheapest options a Rowboat and Cart, that wouldn't be over powered, those are cheap and not too big. Maybe the Warforged can act as a flotation/raft device and use it's arms as ors, and the land vehicle can have an extendable storage compartment, and roller skates on it's feet (so animals can pull him or her).

I’m not sure whether to make racy “Personal Flotation Devices” jokes for a female Warforged or just point you towards the Transformers RPG thread.

Remove ads