ENWorld Gameday Minneapolis/St. Paul - any interest?

Elephant

First Post
The ENWorld Gameday Minneapolis/St. Paul will be held at The Source Comics and Games on Sunday, April 20, from 12:30pm to 5:30pm. Since the Source is open from noon to 6pm on Sundays, we'll only have one timeslot.

Events:

1. The Tomb of Chaos (Microlite20) - Elephant - Gnoll raiding parties have been attacking farms near the town of Ardev. You've tracked them to a small canyon in the Graywall Mountains, but getting them to leave won't be as simple as asking them nicely. Pregenerated characters will be available. This is an adventure for 4-6 3rd level characters.

1 - morgul97
2 - sjmiller?
3 - mcrow?
4 - masshysteria?
5 - Firevalkyrie?
6 - resistor?

Sponsors:

Creative Mountain Games
The Source Comics and Games

Last edited:

sjmiller

Explorer
Elephant said:
After seeing numerous gameday threads today, I wondered: Why isn't there a gameday set up in Minnesota? Surely we have an active enough gamer community to support one!

Would anyone else from the area be interested in getting a gameday started?
I am not exactly sure what it involves, but I live in the metro area and would be interested. Is it just D&D, or is it other things too?

Pbartender

First Post
sjmiller said:
I am not exactly sure what it involves, but I live in the metro area and would be interested. Is it just D&D, or is it other things too?

The current Chicago Gameday signup thread will give you a good idea...

Generally, down here our gamedays are just a whole lot of us getting together and playing games -- not just D&D, and sometimes not just RPGs, but anything people want to play -- all day long. It's a good chance for players to try their hand at DMing, and for DMs to play once in a while... I like it, because it lets me try out new, odd and independent games that my players are less than receptive to. We set aside a little time for shopping at the store we're playing in, or having a little swap-meet with the other Gamedayers, and occasionally have a prize drawing, if we can get prizes worth drawing for.

It's a lot of fun, but it's a lot of work for whoever organizes the event... Talk to Buzz, if you want more advice.

Last edited:

mcrow

Explorer
I'm down with that!

I'm sure the Source would be more than happy to accomidate this event.

Let me know if I can be any help.

Elephant

First Post
@ sjmiller: I envision something like what Pbartender described - a simple plan to get some people together to play some games!

@ Pbartender: Thanks for the pointers...I actually started this thread in part because I noticed the Chicago gameday thread :)

@ mcrow: Thanks for offering to help! I'm thinking the first steps will be to settle on a date and venue. The Source sounds like a safe bet, so I'll talk to them about possible days (my initial instinct is to say "a Saturday sometime in late April", but we'll see).

If anyone has any other thoughts on getting something like this together, I'm all ears ;)

morgul97

First Post
A little off topic here, but I live in St. Paul and I'm currently looking to join or at least sit in with a game group. I'm mostly interested in a group that might be playing 3.5 now and is interested in starting up a 4th ed. game when it comes out. I'm available one night a week or every other week, preferably on a Thursday night, but I'm pretty flexible. I have been messing around with RPG's since I was about 5 (currently 33), but haven't played in a regular game for a long, long time. If anyone has an extra spot and would be interested in adding an extra person, or even someone to sub on occasion, send me a note. My email is: collinsclerk@yahoo.com.

Misty Mountain Games might be another place to host, or even a second location for the event :)

I would be interested in playing.. but the timing has to be right.

morgul97, Welcome to the boards!
There is a Gamers Seeking Gamers where you can search for posted games. The FLGS linked above has a couple games regularly. Mine is a once a month game due to the groups messed up schedules.

edit: just looked at the first page of the 'gamers..' forum, and there is a call out for MPLS area gamers and at least one interested player...

Pbartender

First Post
Elephant said:
@ Pbartender: Thanks for the pointers...I actually started this thread in part because I noticed the Chicago gameday thread :)

Hey, no problem... I grew up down in Red Wing, playing at Games Outpost, I think it was called, out in the old radio station building on Highway 58.

It's nice to see the gaming scene back home still going strong. :D

masshysteria

Explorer
I'm interested.

I'm in the process of moving and temporarily living only a mile away from Misty Mountain Games. Misty Mountain does have a huge side rooms full of tables. Of course on weekends they have tournaments going on so it is packed with CCG players.

Elephant

First Post
For me, the Source is the better location, so I went and talked to them about hosting a gameday on either Sunday, April 20, starting at 12:30pm. Since the Source is open from noon to 6pm on Sundays, we'll only have one timeslot.

Now we just need some people to come and some events to play!

Last edited:

Remove ads