Feudal Lords Setting

Yuan-Ti

First Post
Okay, I have read the Chronicles of Yrza the Crow and for the most part I like what I see. I've also looked at the maps for the Hill Lands and those look interesting, too. What appeals to me is that it appears to be a self-contained and reasonably-sized setting with some nicely medieval Europe themes. But I am wondering what the release schedule looks like in terms of the larger setting book, the various classes, etc.

Can anyone give me any idea? What kind of alternate base classes will there be? How much larger will the setting be than what is portrayed in the Chronicles? How compatible are the Guidebooks to Knights and MIlitary Orders with the setting? (i.e., do they fit fully, are they being rewritten to come into line with setting?)

Thanks in advance.

Jraynack

Explorer
Well, first of all - thanks for your feedback and your compliments.

As for the questions:

A larger setting book is in the works - it will contain previous core releases (such as the household knight and other similiar products - as well as some updated info from various Poor Gamer's Almanac featuring articles about the setting). As for a release date, we are aiming at later this year or ealry next. Although, we officially have yet to announce it, the PGA will be a quarterly magazine so that we can throw our efforts in the campaign book.

The following core classes are in the works with the first two almost ready for release - the summoner (a person who looks for transgressers of the faith and summons them before church officials), the feudal lords cleric, the possessed, and the healer.

The dwarven book for the setting is nearing completion (the player's guide for it is completely done) as well as several adventures set in Cthonia.

How big will the setting be - well, big enough. We want the setting to be intimate - so no world maps for a start. We will explore each region which will expand the setting. We don't want everything written in stone to hamper creative DMs adding to the setting and making it their own. The campaign book will feature Cthonia, Darcadia (directly south), and the revised Hill Lands.

The Guidebooks are completely compatible (however, we may change some of the names of the real world orders presented for the setting).

Well, that's a start - if there is anything else, just let us know - we will be making some official announcements in the next couple of weeks.

Yuan-Ti

First Post
Thanks for the reply. Sounds fun and I am looking forward to it. Yesterday, I nabbed all the PGAs so I could read more about the Hill Lands and the Feudal Lords previews. Seems like good stuff and I look forward to it all.

I do wish the materials would be coming out sooner than that -- but this is publishing after all. ;)

Will there be any room for submissions or is this completely in-house?

Thanks again for the response.

Jraynack

Explorer
Yuan-Ti said:
I do wish the materials would be coming out sooner than that -- but this is publishing after all. ;)

Will there be any room for submissions or is this completely in-house?

Well, we are a lot smaller then other publishers - and as for submissions, there will definitely be room since we want to eventually incorporate PCs and DMs NPCs from the fan's games into our setting products.

We will also like to produce free small adventures where the DMs tell us whether their players were successful and depending on the outcome, changes the storyline - but that is some time in the future when the setting is established.

Remove ads