Forest of Doom - IC Thread

AlphaSheWolf

First Post
Keena stretched and rose from where she had slept.

"Breakfast? Mmmm. Something other than trail rations I hope," was her reply to Jonath's question.

S'mon

Legend
GM: Paaq retried five eggs from the chicken-coop. You get the fire going and fry up some fresh eggs in a skillet, with dried sausage and unleavened bread, a fine breakfast! It's now 6am and dawn is breaking.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Kip wakes up, feeling rested and relaxed, until he remembers where he is and the events of the preceding day. With a sigh he levers himself up and gets to his feet. he stretches, his back popping and creaking a little. His arms go over his head, one long, luxurious stretch. That done, he sets about gathering up his stuff and redoing his armor. More comfortable to sleep with no buckles jamming into your side, but walking around without them buckled isn't something he's willing to do. As he departs the lean-to and steps out into the clearing, he hears the sound of rustling about in the hut. A bit of a smile crosses his face.

At least they were able to sleep.

He gathers his gear up onto himself and sets about checking the clearing to make sure no nasty surprises lurk in the early morning sun. Once satisfied, he'll take out the map and attempt to orient himself.

So the Dwarven city is up here. And somewhere between here and here...

He pokes the map with a forefinger as he mumbles to himself.

Our quarry hides with the handle and head to the Dwarven hammer.

For a moment, he smiles.

I wonder how much that thing is worth?

He shakes his head to clear the image of a rather large pile of gold, himself perched atop it, and looks back at the map.

Lesse. We're roughly here, and it took us this long to travel...

It's rough, but using his fingers he tries to calculate the width, in days, of the forest, considering that they can't traverse it hastily.

By the Gods, this is going to be like looking for a needle in a pine forest.

He sighs.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
GM: OK... You have supper as dusk falls, and then most of the group take shelter in the hut, securely bolting the window and door, while Kip beds down in the open, three-sided woodshed.

A gibbous moon rises above the treetops...

Encounter checks: 1 in 6 chance, 8pm, 12am, 4am.

OOC: Lady Fate is a fickle Mistress, but she and Kip have an understanding...:p

AlphaSheWolf

First Post
Keena automatically takes point, searching the ground for tracks, as well as listening for any sounds that could mean danger. Occasionally she glances back to make sure Chera is okay.

GM: After breakfast, are you heading east to the 4-way crossroads, & from there north down to the river?

OOC: That's my understanding of the plan.

In more important news, my wife is getting induced later tonight. My availability is going to be ... severely limited? :0) ... over the next several days. Wish us luck!

Cor Azer

First Post
While cleaning up breakfast, Paaq quietly listens to everyone making plans for the day, but offers few words himself unless directly spoken to - as long as the group is trying to generally head towards Anvil to return Chera, he's ok with others taking the lead. Finding all or part of the hammer would be gravy...

'I wish I could take one of them gorrum chickens,' he thinks, not for the first, or last, time. 'Gravy onions!'

Paaq starts searching for a larder in the hut, hoping to find any non-perishible goods the group can take with them.

OOC: How cold/hot is the general temperature in the wood? Is it (un)necessary or (un)feasible to strip/take the linens from the bed s a blanket for Chera? Paaq has no problem carrying it.

S'mon

Legend
While cleaning up breakfast, Paaq quietly listens to everyone making plans for the day, but offers few words himself unless directly spoken to - as long as the group is trying to generally head towards Anvil to return Chera, he's ok with others taking the lead. Finding all or part of the hammer would be gravy...

'I wish I could take one of them gorrum chickens,' he thinks, not for the first, or last, time. 'Gravy onions!'

Paaq starts searching for a larder in the hut, hoping to find any non-perishible goods the group can take with them.

OOC: How cold/hot is the general temperature in the wood? Is it (un)necessary or (un)feasible to strip/take the linens from the bed s a blanket for Chera? Paaq has no problem carrying it.

GM: The man you killed had just brought a pack of dry food back from Mirewater; there's easily enough sausage, tack etc to feed the 5 of you for 2 days each. There are some rather poorly tanned & stitched furs on the bed that will provide a sleeping 'blanket' for Chera.

Day 3 06:30

Leaving the hut with Chera you head east about a quarter mile, then north for about 20 minutes, the track leading down in winding fashion towards the river ahead.

Day 3 07:00

Ahead you can hear the roar of crashing water.
Soon you reach the bank of a wide river split on two
levels. To your right (east) the water is calm and slow
moving, but in front of you it tumbles noisily down
a huge waterfall into a gorge below where the river
narrows and runs quickly over rocks and boulders.
Steps ahead of you lead down by the side of the waterfall
to the gorge at the bottom.

Scanning around, Keena spots an old rowing boat nestled in
among the reeds in the calm waters at the top of the
waterfall to your right. The rowing boat looks very old and rotten.

Remove ads