Forest of Doom - IC Thread

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Kip takes rear guard, eyes moving left to right and head on a swivel, watching for any indications of anything out of the ordinary. Aside from that, he keeps to himself.

Cor Azer

First Post
OOC: Patryn: Hope everything went well!

Paaq looks at the falls, and shakes his head. "I'm not particular fond of the idea of going down there. Too slippery, I'd imagine."

He taps the old rowboat with his foot, half watching for scurrying bugs and half expecting it to crumble with the impact. "Not too enamored with this either."

Finally he looks up the calm river. "Seems to flow lazily enough, but fairly wide here. What are the chances there's a ford somewhere upstream?"

OOC: Any obvious way to determine the depth of the river?

S'mon

Legend
OOC: Patryn: Hope everything went well!

Paaq looks at the falls, and shakes his head. "I'm not particular fond of the idea of going down there. Too slippery, I'd imagine."

He taps the old rowboat with his foot, half watching for scurrying bugs and half expecting it to crumble with the impact. "Not too enamored with this either."

Finally he looks up the calm river. "Seems to flow lazily enough, but fairly wide here. What are the chances there's a ford somewhere upstream?"

OOC: Any obvious way to determine the depth of the river?

GM: Paaq looks down at his foot. Fragments of soft, rotten wood are on his boot, and the side of the rowboat now has a foot-shaped dent in it. A woodlouse scurries over his ankle. It doesn't look too promising.

To your right, morning sunlight reflects off the river's placid surface. You can't tell exactly how deep, but almost certainly too deep to walk it. It might be swimmable if you head upstream aways a short distance, away from the falls. You can try to follow the riverbank a long way upstream in search of a ford if you like, though there's no real path so the going would be very heavy. To go downstream from here you'd need to descend the cliff to the base of the waterfall, presumably via the steps, and they do look a bit slippery, which would be tough on anyone with a big Armour Check Penalty... :D

Last edited:

S'mon

Legend
OOC: BTW I think now I won't have any trouble continuing this campaign over the teaching year (September-April), though my posting rate will be limited. I should manage 3-4 times/week ok, more in light weeks. I'm enjoying it a lot so far, hope you are too! :) The adventure is designed for 3-4 PCs; if we fall below 3 active players I'll seek to recruit more.

AlphaSheWolf

First Post
OOC: How wide is the river? Only asking because I believe Keena has a rope...looking for her character sheet which is buried here somewhere. Also, I hope to continue as well. I will be taking classes this term to upgrade my office skills in order to improve my chances of finding a job. But 3 to 4 times a week should work for me

S'mon

Legend
OOC: How wide is the river? Only asking because I believe Keena has a rope...looking for her character sheet which is buried here somewhere. Also, I hope to continue as well. I will be taking classes this term to upgrade my office skills in order to improve my chances of finding a job. But 3 to 4 times a week should work for me

It's a broad river above the falls, maybe 60 yards/180' or so. Below the Falls it narrows, tumbling down a gorge about 60' wide.

Last edited:

AlphaSheWolf

First Post
OOC: well then..how tall is the falls, especially the steps? and is there a tree or stump to tie the rope off on and then use it to guide our way down to the bank below the falls where we can travel safely in order to find a safe crossing?

Remove ads