• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forgotten Heroes IC

Shayuri

First Post
"That's kind of what I was thinking," Lily says dryly. "What did you expect, dealing with lowlifes like that? Fairness? And you KNOW what they're gonna do with those swords, right?"

Lot

First Post
Seifer comes forward and steps before the smith. "Master Gerald, my name is Sir Seifer Dagmar. We have a problem but it seems you do as well. Maybe we can help each other. Have you met any of us before? Or, are you familiar with this crest?" Seifer shows the man his shield with the blue cockatrice.

"I know these seem like odd questions, but we are in a bit of a situation and and answers you give would be of great help. "

Scotley

Hero
Eglath Goliath Fighter 5

Eglath smiles, wondering if the smith made some unexpected modification to the swords given the bandits that limited their usefulness. He listens to the questions, but remains silent thinking the man overwhealmed by the barrage of questions. He looks over the wears trying to determine the smith's skill.

Amazing Triangle

First Post
Shame fills the mans eyes, "Aye I am supplying the bandits, I reasoned with myself that no one would get hurt," turning his head, "No I didn't think they would play fair that is why about half of the swords I gave them are rigged to fall apart," The old man gives a devilish grin.

"Well my dear boy let me see, I don't know any of you but," He studies the shield for a minute or two then continues, "Well the quality is astounding, the cockatrice was a house symbol but...," His voice trails off.

"During the dark time the five human nations took up the sword against each other, Wolf, Lion, Bear, Dragon, and Cockatrice. They fought to the point that each of their kingdoms were almost erradicated. They then scattered to the wind leaving their cities to rot. If you are one of them you are of a lost nation. One that has not been seen in 2000 years. You must have gotten it in some old ruin there is no way...,"
Gerald trails off all the while hammering the longsword, without skipping a beat.

"Anything else I can help y'all with?"

[Sblock=Scotley] Indeed his is quite the craftsman about 10th level with one level of almost every forge PrC just for diversity. The percision on the metal work tells you that he is more than meets the eye in terms of how good he is.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC: All] I was going to open a little extra about your past here but no one had the required skill to do so. Knowledge History, (hehe), bet you never thought you would need that in a game where you have no past.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Lily glances at Seifer, giving his outfit a close look, then turns back to the blacksmith.

"All right, now I'm getting concerned because his armor looks like it was hot off the forge just a couple of weeks ago to me. How could it be two -thousand- years old? You're the smith, smith...you tell ME how old it is. Only look at it, don't just assume."

Amazing Triangle

First Post
Shayuri said:
Only look at it, don't just assume."

He stops pounding on the sword and dips it in a barrel of water, it sizzles and crackles for a few seconds then he hangs it there in the barrel. Gerald then goes up close and checks the armor.

"About 8 to 10 years old, give or take 5. I am afraid that is all I can tell you. He must come from the forgotten kingdom of the cockatrice. Well boy where is it? Where are you from? Or is this some kind of joke? Cause I ain't in the mood for such jokes. You may want to consult with someone who knows about where the ruins for the Cockatrice Kingdom are. As it is I just know the ol' story of the five. Someone like that would be able to help you more than the ol' smith."

Lot

First Post
Seifer eyes the man skeptically. "Kingdom of the Cockatrice? Why would I wear the symbol of a long forgotten civilization?

Seifer sees the smith is confused. "I'm sorry for all these questions. We have acquired some new items and we want to understand where they came from. We have to understand our enemy. I just want to make sure I'm not wearing the symbols of something odious or evil. These being high-quality goods..." Seifer points to his armor and shield. "...I thought a quality smith would have information."

Seifer takes out five gold coins and passes them to Gerald. "For your trouble. If you can point us to who has more information to help us, I would appreciate it.

Skitha pats Seifer on the head lightly. At his inquiring look she responds:
"I just wanted to see if it was real. Most guys go bald way before they're 2000 years old."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads