[GenCon] EN World photos and stories - add your own!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
We're really, really going to have to photoshop Nemmerle and Darkness into this sucker. We miss you guys!

This is us playing Spycraft in Morrus' hotel room, where his girlfriend Jane (who has never gamed before) had just finished beating some poor mook with a crowbar when he didn't confess fast enough! Poor guy. The fact that Eridanis was holding him upside down over a cliff in Monaco didn't help...

Back row: Jane, Morrus, Eric Noah, and Eridanis.

Front row: Piratecat, Creamsteak, Henry, and Dinkeldog.

Attachments

• enworld mods-spycraft.jpg
    enworld mods-spycraft.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 2,361
Last edited:

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Hey! Didn't I just see you, in, like, real life?

And don't forget the righteous terror she wrought with SuperGlue and a motorcycle. She was awesome!

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
This is a view from the front door of the dealer's room. Right after it opened, I saw some guy walk past it, stop dead, and freeze. He kept repeating "I can't believe it!" to his friend.

"Isn't it great?" I asked. "And it's even bigger than it looks from here."

The guy turns around with a look of awe still pasted on his face, actually hugs me, and says "I love you, man!" I had to laugh. Yesterday Alsih2o said "It's so cool; no one here is down on anyone else. We're all here to game, and there's no anger or interpersonal stuff. I've never seen anything like it."

Attachments

• dealers room.jpg
    dealers room.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 2,336

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
EDIT - I'll reload these with much smaller photos. Even shrunk, the prior ones were much too large.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I just chatted with Ryan Dancy, and got to see the Fiery Dragon guys and Monte Cook yesterday. Hellhound got a haircut and is - sadly - no longer the hairiest man in gaming.

Story #1:

My cab driver from the airport was pretty much insane. "It's a war!" he shouted as he swerved around a car at 80 mph. "Whoever goes slowest loses. We are winning! I drive fast, we get to hotel, I kick you out of car, I drive back and get new passenger. Vrroom!" He waved one hand as he swerved again, dancing across three lanes of traffic. "You see dem?" he asked, gesturing at two slower cabs in front of us. "Dey packed in six people, like sardines. I ought to charge you limo prices for dis ride!" Swerve. "And now dey behind us. We winning!"

Best cab ride ever. He got a big tip.

Story #2:

Yesterday, I was running "Rrakma," a RPGA event where the PCs are githzerai going after mind flayers. I had something I've never seen before in years of judging - a whole family! Two parents, a 15 year old son (or maybe nephew), a 14 year old girl, a 10 year old boy, and an 8 year old girl. And you know what? They did great; it was really fun to watch. Unfortunately, near the end of the round the young girl got mind blasted by mind flayers. I look over, and her face is scrunched up with tears trickling down it.

*sniff* I made an eight year old girl cry.

I did explain that there was nothing she could do, that she played her character perfectly, and that sometime the dice don't cooperate... and that made a lot of sense, I think. But damn! :D

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
With the look on Maldur's face, you've got to wonder where alsih2o's other hand is. :D

Attachments

• maldur and clay-2.jpg
    maldur and clay-2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 2,228

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Morrus and Jane lost their luggage. Here they claim to be showing off their new t-shirts! Frankly, I sort of doubt it, especially when he did this with his trousers a moment later....

Attachments

• new shirts-2.jpg
    new shirts-2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 2,205

Remove ads