[GenCon] EN World photos and stories - add your own!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Could someone please fully stat this monster out for us?

Attachments

• mantisteak-2.jpg
    mantisteak-2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 2,156

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
Unfortunately, near the end of the round the young girl got mind blasted by mind flayers. I look over, and her face is scrunched up with tears trickling down it.

*sniff* I made an eight year old girl cry.

Best. Gaming. Story. Evar.

You're my hero. My big fat RBDM hero...

Wulf

Enkhidu

Explorer
Piratecat said:
IStory #2:

Yesterday, I was running "Rrakma," a RPGA event where the PCs are githzerai going after mind flayers. I had something I've never seen before in years of judging - a whole family! Two parents, a 15 year old son (or maybe nephew), a 14 year old girl, a 10 year old boy, and an 8 year old girl. And you know what? They did great; it was really fun to watch. Unfortunately, near the end of the round the young girl got mind blasted by mind flayers. I look over, and her face is scrunched up with tears trickling down it.

*sniff* I made an eight year old girl cry.

I did explain that there was nothing she could do, that she played her character perfectly, and that sometime the dice don't cooperate... and that made a lot of sense, I think. But damn! :D

You heartless monster!

So, did the rest of the family loot her body?

armac

Long Live the Legion!
Oh, my!

Thanks for the laughs Piratecat!

The first story was great, and I didn't think there
was any way to top it. Then the second story did!

And then Wulf's reaction (which I second!)... Umm,
everyone is wondering why I'm laughing... :D

armac

JoeBlank

Explorer
Re: Oh, my!

armac said:
Thanks for the laughs Piratecat!

armac said it perfectly.

And I really do want to know the answer the Enkhidu's question.

If your players ever thought you pulled punches before, they know now that you let the dice fall where they may.

Last edited:

KnowTheToe

First Post
I like how young the crowd looked in the show room pictures. I always worry that the average age of the gamer is getting older and older.

Remove ads