• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[GenCon] EN World photos and stories - add your own!

Psion

Adventurer
buzzard said:
The Saturday afternoon Spycraft game offered by the feline buccaneer was quite fun. I was probably most amused by the reactions of people who wandered by when Kevin was doing his rampaging elephant noise. But then, I am a little odd.

Refresh me: who were you there?

thedangerranger

So much fun!
Already planning for next year.

Highlights:

+Meeting people whose posts I read on a daily basis.
+Watching the guy in the food court bistro at the mall serve people food then yell "TRAITOR!!!" and immediately start singing "Purple Rain".
+Getting a "Gamers Bag" from Paladin and Paladin's Wife that just rocks.
+Watching the huge Pikachu "boogey down" on Sunday.
+Watching the Stuffed Sword guys beat the sense out of each other with foam swords in the park from my hotel room.

Lowlights:

-The Indianapolis Illuminati's decision to side with Coke. (Pepsi product availability was scarce at best)
-The lines. (I pre-regged and avoided most of them, but I ache with sympathy)
-Sunday Afternoon. (`nuff said)

Well that's probably enough from me.

edit: spelling

Last edited:

NiTessine

Explorer
Glad to hear you people had fun... If all goes well, I'll be there next year, too!

And two weeks from now, you'll be reading my con report of RopeCon, the Finnish equivalent of GenCon... It may not be as large, but it's FUN!

buzzard

First Post
Psion said:

Refresh me: who were you there?

I was the fixer who kept rolling crits during the car chase, and then sneak attacked the main BBEG to death in a round (which elicited a nice expression from Kevin).

buzzard

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
EricNoah said:
More memories....
  • Feeling really, really sorry for the poor folks stuck in those long lines... :(

I think this was really the only flaw in the whole GenCon Indy experience so long as you could remain inside, which was fairly easy to do. Fortunately, I didn't have to deal with that long, long badge line. It took a friend of mine 3 hours to get his. :(

Psion

Adventurer
I was the fixer who kept rolling crits during the car chase, and then sneak attacked the main BBEG to death in a round (which elicited a nice expression from Kevin).

Ah, gotcha. I didn't even get to see the BBEG... ah well.

Last edited:

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
buzzard said:
The Saturday afternoon Spycraft game offered by the feline buccaneer was quite fun. I was probably most amused by the reactions of people who wandered by when Kevin was doing his rampaging elephant noise. But then, I am a little odd.

buzzard

Also, rather than blowing up the munitions dump, we sent a rampaging elephant into the compound.

Crothian

First Post
Okay, this story was not game related at all, it was a Con story. The players are myself and Simson (british guy who hangs out at Randomling's boards, he's Tallarn's roomy), and the gelflings. The gelflings are Hound and Dextra's ultra cute girls, age 7 and 11. On Saturday they dressed up like princess in purple and other colors. There has to be some pictures of them floating around somewhere.

The girls are going to be part of costume contest and Simson and I have that block of time free so we go watch the show. The real reason was so we could sit down, chairs were gold at the con. So we go sit down and watch as the festifities begin. The judges were Peter Adkison, Jim Ward, and Tracy Lords. Interesting collection.

The contest started with sci fi, which was a less then great showing. I was reallly thinking this was going to suck after that. Then came the kids category. Lots of cute kids, but no gelflings. This had me worried. The rest of the contest went on. The costumes went on in other categories, with a little too much sexual undertones for me. I'm a prude, I admit it. Then we get to last category, the talent category. The last people to come out were the gelflings and they did a great old styled dance. These girls are good, damn good. The crowd went wild for them. After that we had an intermission with some songs by a filker called Luke Ski. You know I love filks and comedy songs so of course I bought his albums afterwards.

So, the judges make there descion and the Gelflings won the talent portion. The best of show was choosen by the audience from all the winners. They clapped for the one they liked, loudest clapping won. So, clapping happens and Simson and I go wild for the girls, I think we even got the people around us to scream a little louder. Well, the judges couldn't decide so they called out the top three. It included a costume that looked like a treant but was called fey something. Pretty good costume, and he was on stilts and that's something. Next was a little girl dressed up as some episode one bounty hunter, last was the Gelflings. So, we clap again, Simson and I go wild for the Gelflings even more. After that the judges still couldn't figure out who was getting more claps. At this point it was between the Treant and the Gelflings, but the little girl bounty hunter was still in the running. After a third round of clapping, they awarding best of show to the treant. But the girls really deserved to win.

Negative Zero

First Post
Buttercup said:
... I wasn't feeling so hot today, so I decided to come home a day early. I'm glad I did, because I've now got a raging sore throat and a fever. I hope I didn't infect everybody yesterday and this morning. If I did, I'm sorry! ...

ahhh. so you're the one who passed it on to me! :p i just assumed that it was a combination of talking non-stop for four days (trying to hawk my product) and rooming with friends who like to keep the a/c at 40 frikkin degrees!!! *ahem* *regains composure*

was great meeting you tho and all the other EN Worlders at the Con. Piratecat is my hero! he took it on himself to help me do some last minute advertising in the RPGA GMs lounge, which actually got quite a few people to come by the booth! you rock!

i had a blast. didn't get to run around a whole lot, as i was chained to the booth for most of the Con, but i did manage to steal a random hour here and there. GenCon is so cool. just being around all that gaming goodness is infectious. there's no way you can't have fun.

it was great hanging out with EOL from direkobold.com and his buddies Joshua and Glenn (that guy is bent man! he's funny as hell!) also Chris and Dee from Twin Rose they are such cool people, and were really nice to me, thank again guys. the whole E.N. Publishing crew are super cool (no, not just regular cool :p)

and to echo what several people have already said Paladin and wife are two of the nicest people you will ever meet!

the highlight of my GenCon experience, once again, was deffinitely Leopold's G2 game! 16 or so players! SSSSSSSSSSSSO much fun!

~NegZ

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I JUST got home... 17.5 hours after I left. Bad weather stranded me in Pittsburgh. Mmmm, floor sleeping...

More later. Must nap. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads