[GenCon] EN World photos and stories - add your own!

Psion

Adventurer
Here's a life size (or is that unlife size) mock up of an Iron Lich at the Privateer Booth. Cool!

Privateer was CLUELESS about their strong showing in the ENnies, and most of the folks there early Saturday were warmachine folks who didn't have a clue what the ENnies were.

Attachments

• gencons04.jpg
    gencons04.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,615

Psion

Adventurer
Here's Patrick Younts (author of the Quintessential Monk) and Jennifer Younts. After I found out that Patrick was the author of the Quintessential Sorcerer, that sealed a Mongoose sale from me!

Patrick and Jennifer post a bit over on RPGnet. I told them that I had my RPGnet T-shirt at the con, but didn't think I should wear it at the booth. :) Someone suggested I might burst into flames (I think it was Maldur...) :)

Attachments

• gencons05.jpg
    gencons05.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,201

Psion

Adventurer
Here's Jeff and Dawn Ibach, in the afterglow of their ENnies win.

Attachments

• gencons06.jpg
    gencons06.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,202

Psion

Adventurer
Here's Storminator hamming it up.

Over his Right hand, you can see some of the CodeMonkey folks working the booth across the way. Yup, that's right, Code Monkey and Twin Rose were right across the way from each other. No arcing of sinister lightning bolts was observed, nor were there any duels of honor in the aisle. :)

Attachments

• gencons07.jpg
    gencons07.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,179
Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
Another ENnie winning couple... Suzi Yee and Joe Browning of XRP.

You may not have heard of Suzi if you haven't picked up their book yet, but she mentioned while imbibing at the Ram that sometimes she posts under Joe's acount. Cue the tune to the "crying game..."

Funny Story (well, I thought): The day before the ENnies, I stopped by their booth (they were in with the Gold Rush Games folks) and they were saying how they brought way too many books and needed an ennies win. Being a judge, I KNEW who the winner was but managed to keep a stright face. Up until the ceremony, they acted all convinced that they weren't going to win. I watched them as the winners were announced. Joe threw his head back in shock.

Later at the Ram, Suzi congratulated/cursed (I'm not sure yet) me on my poker face. She mentioned Crothian had to walk away from their booth earlier because he was afraid he would give it away. Your jedi mind tricks don't work on us! :)

By the way way, Joe and Suzi are very cool as well.

Attachments

• gencons08.jpg
    gencons08.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,174

Psion

Adventurer
Man, Nightfall, you have a one track mind. :)

I looked at them, but not near enough to get a concrete impression. CC revised was actually higher on my to-buy list, but after talking to my wife over the previous purchase, I knew that wasn't going to happen.

Not to mention, the WW booth was not worth going near later that day...

Psion

Adventurer
Capellan is on the left. That's Maldur on the right drinking.

Attachments

• gencons09.jpg
    gencons09.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,632
Last edited:

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I can't help. :) It's nice when someone can appreciate your work. (Even if it was just TWO spells. ;) ) But sorry about you not getting CC Revised. Hopefully some where along the line you'll get it. (Doubt they'll run out any time soon.)

Psion

Adventurer
Last pic, the only one I didn't take from the exhibition hall. This is TB and Crothian up in the judges suite last night. We played a game of the fun card game Samurai Robots on Monster Island (a sequel/expansion to Grave Robbers from outer space) before we went to bed for the evening.

Attachments

• gencons10.jpg
    gencons10.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,148
Last edited:

Remove ads