Ginny Di interviews WotC's Kyle Brink

Continuing the D&D executive producer's interview tour, gaming influencer Ginny Di asks a WotC's Kyle Brink about the OGL and other things.

Continuing the D&D executive producer's interview tour, gaming influencer Ginny Di asks a WotC's Kyle Brink about the OGL and other things.

mamba

Legend
That's the goal by like 2026. Hence the insane monetization plans.
did not realize they increased the threshold that much, I thought that was just a crazy plan for D&D. No idea how they want to accomplish that for their other core brands either, unless they already are significantly closer to 500M to begin with

GreyLord

Legend
did not realize they increased the threshold that much, I thought that was just a crazy plan for D&D. No idea how they want to accomplish that for their other core brands either, unless they already are significantly closer to 500M to begin with

Couple ways for it to go.

For example, one idea I can think of right off the top of my head...

10 million users.

10 million users at an average of $5 a month = $50 million a month

$50 million a month x 12 = $600 million

mamba

Legend
Couple ways for it to go.

For example, one idea I can think of right off the top of my head...

10 million users.

10 million users at an average of $5 a month = $50 million a month

$50 million a month x 12 = $600 million
yeah, I was wondering about other core brands, the D&D path to this seems pretty clear, DDB and the new VTT via subscriptions and microtransactions.

Not sure what the other core brands are (apart from MtG) or how much they make today, but I have a hard time seeing e.g. Monopoly being able to accomplish such a growth.
I also am not sure I agree with the goal being revenue based. If I have one brand with a revenue of 1B and a profit of 20M, and one with 150M revenue but 50M profit, I am much more interested in the second. From what I hear most of Hasbro falls into the first group, from a profitability perspective while only MtG and D&D are in the second. So those two I would always keep as core brands for that reason alone.

Last edited:

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
yeah, I was wondering about other core brands, the D&D path to this seems pretty clear, DDB and the new VTT via subscriptions and microtransactions.

Not sure what the other core brand are (apart from MtG) or how much they make today, but I have a hard time seeing e.g. Monopoly being able to accomplish such a growth.
I also am not sure I agree with the goal being revenue based. If I have one brand with a revenue of 1B and a profit of 20M, and one with 150M revenue but 50M profit, I am much more interested in the second. From what I hear most of Hasbro falls into the first group, from a profitability perspective while only MtG and D&D are in the second. So those two I would always keep as core brands for that reason alone.
Transformers is at nearly a billion a year already. They do it mostly through movies and cartoons.

Remove ads

Remove ads