GM found! 0-level funnel pending!

fireinthedust

Explorer
I've got a number of potentials lined up. Really I'm only looking for a human with high Int with at least +1 personality, and preferably good luck. I want a Wizard fast-talker who isn't as hard-luck as Spider-man!

Gosh, I got a lot of ridiculous characters. One was a rutabega farmer with -6 overall, but an 18 personality. Geez: have you ever thought about the many benefits of owning a rutebaga? You look like a man who could use a rutebaga.

I've never tried 3d6 funnel old school. That said, if we get to 1st I wouldn't mind roling 4d6 stats and swapping them in appropriately. Heroes in appendix N tend to be mighty-thewed. Maybe that's not the point of DCCrpg, though, and a fun group of misfits could be more enjoyable in the long run (love em for their faults?).

I'm game!

GlassEye

Adventurer
No sense in vacillating, I guess. I'll run Sailors on the Starless Sea. I just picked it up and I would like a day or three to read over it and familiarize myself with it before we start. That gives you all plenty of time to play around with creating characters. I prefer rolling straight 3d6 and taking whatever happens but I'm not going to make you all link rolls here and double check you especially with the excellent purple sorcerer generator. So, click the generator button a few times, pick a set of four characters, give 'em names and you'll be ready and waiting on me. :)

I'll post a rogues gallery and a game thread closer to the time I'm ready to start and you all can either upload the pdfs or type up your character stats so we can all see and giggle over the characters we have.

darjr

I crit!
Oh, that adventure is awesome! I've run it at a convention.

I'm curious about play by post, can I lurk? If I like it I might start another.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Okay, I've got two great options for the randomly-generated four.

1) Tax Collector (great stats, Int could be higher, but still: fun playing the Sheriff of Nottingham for a bit); plus a woodcutter, a physically disabled soldier, and a con man.

2) Twins separated at birth: one a Noble with 1hp; one a Wainwright with low str and agility. Both would make great wizards (Int 16). Others are a halfling dyer and an elven chandler. If the Noble had more stamina, and maybe the Luck of the Wainwright, I'd go that way. The Wainwright is physically mangled, though.

I may flip a coin when we've got the game starting, or try some more randoms!

doghead

thotd
Maybe that's not the point of DCCrpg, though, and a fun group of misfits could be more enjoyable in the long run (love em for their faults?).

I'm game!

That about sums it up. While later versions of D&D moved towards the idea of creating a Hero from the get go, in the earlier version you created a character who hopefully live long enough to become a hero.

That being said, 4d6(drop the lowest) is no guarantee of outstanding stats. At best you could say it tends to mean you get a positive Mod Sum rather than a negative.

I think that I will stick with my original four and see what happens.

thotd

GlassEye

Adventurer
I'm curious about play by post, can I lurk? If I like it I might start another.

Lurk all you want, I don't mind. And since you're the one with DCC experience if you have any suggestions or advice I'd be glad to hear it.

fireinthedust, that second set sounds like your best bet of ending up with a wizardly character with three potentials. Although you never know if any will survive the funnel (or so I've heard!).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases