log in or register to remove this ad

 

GREYHAWK, THE GOLDEN ERA CY963: CHAPTER THREE

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Out of the frying pan...

GM:

As per the OOC channel, Respen holds his action to 9b.

Initiative Chart For Battle:

Tam: 23
Dewydd: 19
Vega: 18
Lathir: 17
Sylvar: 16
Vale: 9a
Respen: 9b
Golem: 8
Orcs: 1



Dewydd lifts himself up, and does a handspring off the wall of the well, landing safely on the other side.

GM: This is a full round action; I had said STR check earlier, but Tumbling is the same skillset, so I allowed Deywdd to do that instead. With a DC of 15, there is no need for him to roll; he cannot fail that DC.


Despite her instinct to join the fray, Vega continues to watch anxiously as her friends risk their lives!

GM: WS Check DC 13: roll = 14 (success)


Current Positions:

00 - Skorane Map 001m2.jpg

Lathir: It's your turn. You are currently engaged in melee combat with Orc #2. What do you do?
 

log in or register to remove this ad

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Ignoring the halfspear in his left hand to the point of dropping it by his side, Lathir flexes his shoulders shifting into the cinnamon colored bear, letting out a roar in hopes of causing some intimidation factor, as he launches a full out assault on the orc before him.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
Lathir uses his move action to shift form.
Lathir heals 7 points by shifting to bear form. [Still down by 7 pts., i.e., current hit pts = 44 out of 51.]
Lathir makes a full attack action on Orc #2.
Rolls = 27 (Hit), 29 (Nat 20, Possible Crit), Confirm 29 (Nat 20) [x2], Confirm 26 (Hit) [x3], 18 (Hit)
Damage: 1st Claw = 7 pts., 2nd Claw = 18 pts., Bite = 3 pts. TOTAL DAMAGE = 28 pts.


Lathir shifts into his bear form, and grabs the Orc by the arm, digging his claws into his reddish skin, drawing a large amount of blood. He pulls the hapless Orc towards him, as his second claw ruins the Orc's chainmail shirt, cutting the Orc open like a turkey on feasting day! As if this were not enough, Lathir finishes the Orc by biting his head, and tearing off his left ear, in a grisly display of savagery!! The Orc collapses in a heap, and is bleeding out.

GM:
Orc #2: -6 (Dying)


Current Positions:

00 - Skorane Map 001m3.jpg

Sylvar: It's your turn. If you want to keep using ranged attacks, you will be required to take a 1-square adjustment diagonal downward on the right side, into the underbrush, ending up in the square just below Tam. What do you do?
 

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Counting on the effect of his Major Cloak of Displacement, plus his dodge and mobility feats to save him from an attack, Sylvar keeps one eye on Orc 4, takes a step back, diagonally to the left, Orc's right so he is standing next to Tam and lays one hand on Tam, casting Cure Moderate Wounds.

OOC: Roll was 2d8+7, Sylvar healed 12hp, roll is in Rollz.org, I adjusted the amount healed from 13 to 12 because I should have rolled 2d8+7 in rollz but rolled 2d8+8 instead.


GM:
Down-diagonal-left is Lathir. I am assuming you meant down-diagonal-right. ALSO: Activating your cloak is a standard action; since you healed Tam this round, your cloak is not yet activated. However, taking the one-square adjustment prevents the Orc from getting an AoO on you anyway, so the result is the same.

Tam: Still 6 points down. But feeling much better. :)



Current positions:

00 - Skorane Map 001m4.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Waynan

Adventurer
Supporter
Tam-Tam takes a breath without it hurting so much.

""A-ah."

And looks at Sylvar with deep gratitude.
 
Last edited:

Aust Thale

Explorer
Vale Bringing the Pain

~ Oh no you don't, Orc ~

Vale rounds the tree with his axe drawn in his right hand and directly attacks the red orc who is advancing on the Halfling. With a two-handed backhand swing from left to right, Vale slams the axe into the orc's side. He does so with little more than a dwarven battle grunt. Orcs made considerable noise. Grunts and snorts were typical. In battle, they were downright obnoxious. Vale intended to slay this particular bastard straight away. This particular hit did moderate damage, but he got the orc's attention, and now Vale intended to finish it.

OOC: Attack roll 1d20+9 = 27; Damage 1d10+1 = 8


GM:
Vale takes a 1-square adjustment, which does not provoke an AoO, and tears into Orc #3, giving him a moderate laceration across his upper torso, near the base of the neck. The Orc, who had been thinking of following Tam, turns his attention to Vale instead.

Orc: Wounds: 8 pts. (Still up)


Current Positions:

00 - Skorane Map 001n.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Aust Thale

Explorer
Respen Lines Up The Shot

~ Now. Spring the Trap. ~

Respen hesitates for less than a moment as Vale strikes the orc closest to him, and then he steps forward 5 feet, drawing a carefully placed scroll from his belt. The scroll betwixt his fingers and staff in one hand and fully held in his other hand, he speaks the command word from the runes on the scroll, and the scroll instantly crackles and disintegrates as the spell charges forth from it directed at the golem, leaving Respen with a look of expectation on his face.

~ Please. Work. ~
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
The Battle's Final Moments...

GM:
Golem Damage 001.jpg


Respen steps forward and reads the scroll; a wave of magical energy flies from his hand, and slams into the golem, knocking him into the side of the well. The golem teeters, losing his balance, and falls into the well, slamming into the bottom of it with a distant, yet resounding thud! A sly grin begins to spread across Respen's face, as he realizes that his plan has succeeded!

GM:
2% chance for berserk: 7 (not berserk)


The party hears distant thuds, as if the golem has begun moving; but without being down there, you have no way of knowing where he is headed.

GM:
Morale check, DC: 15 = 22 (success), 13 (fail)


Orc #4 surrenders, throwing down his sword, and dropping to his knees. Without saying a word, he laces his fingers together behind his head.

Orc #3 shouts, "COWARD! TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE IN THE SERVICE OF GRUUMSH!"

The Orc swings violently at Vale, but his rage at his partner's cowardice causes him to miss!

GM:
Attack roll = 1d20+6 = 9 (miss)


Current Positions:

00 - Skorane Map 001n3.jpg

Tam-Tam: It's your turn. What do you do?
 

Waynan

Adventurer
Supporter
Tam-Tam moves two squares, diagonal-up-right, and catches Orc#3 with a flanking maneuver.

Attack with Adamantine Punching Dagger (+1 to hit, magical. No STR bonus). Rollz= 17+1= 18 base, +2 for flanking = +20 total to-hit.

GM:
A roll of 20 does indeed hit.


Damage on Orc #3 = 1d4: roll = 1. Sneak attack 3d6: roll = 9. Total damage = 10 pts.

Tam-Tam comes out of his hiding spot in the underbrush, much to the surprise of the Orc, who had thought him to be out of the fight, having taken such a grievous wound. However, the Orc underestimated the determination of the little Halfling, and was now regretting it; with the memory of the crippling Falchion strike still fresh in his mind, Tam takes his revenge on his aggressor, stabbing the already-wounded Orc in the kidneys!

GM:
Orc #3: Grievously wounded. Still standing. Has taken 18 pts. of damage.


Current Positions:

00 - Skorane Map 001n4.jpg

GM:
Initiative Chart For Battle:

Tam: 23
Dewydd: 19
Vega: 18
Lathir: 17
Sylvar: 16
Vale: 9a
Respen: 9b
Golem: 8
Orcs: 1



DEWYDD: It's your turn! What do you do?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
As per OOC Chat, Dewydd will take a double move, to end up in the square just North of Vale.


Vega, seeing that the tide of battle has shifted in favor of the party, holds her position.

Current positions:

00 - Skorane Map 001o1.jpg

LATHIR: It's your turn. The Orc near you has surrendered. What do you do?
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Keeping an eye on the Orc, Lathir takes a step back before shifting to human form. Retrieving his spear, he glances over at the Halfling.

"Tam-Tam, do you need further healing? "
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM: @MacConnell The surrendered Orc (Orc #4) does not threaten any squares. If you walk away from him, the most he can do is get up and run. You are a 25 foot movement away from being able to help Tam; if you moved that distance, you'd end up in the square between Tam and Respen. If you then cast a spell, you'd provoke an attack from Orc #3; however, you could simply attack the Orc without provoking, and just finish him off. He is grievously wounded.


GM:
Lathir heals another 7 pts. for shifting back to Human form. Lathir is completely healed.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Seeing that the potential to heal Tam-Tam is still threatened by an active Orc, albeit, an injured one, Lathir holds the thought of rendering aide until the threat is eliminated. Moving next to the Halfling, Lathir attempts to skewer that Orc in his proximity.

OOC: Gm, feel free to make appropriate rolls.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
Lathir attacks with Halfspear: 1d20+7: Roll = 12, Total = 19, +2 for Flanking = 21 (Hit)
Damage Inflicted: 1d6+1 = 6.
Orc is down, and bleeding out.


Seeing that the Orc in front of him has no intention of moving, Lathir casually moves up behind the berserk Orc and takes advantage of his inability to defend against so many opponents at once; as the Orc is attempting to riposte his Falchion, Lathir sees an opening, and catches him as he is raising his left arm, skewering him through the ribs, piercing the Orc's lungs from the side. The Orc collapses in a heap, as copious amounts of blood begin to pour out of the savage wound.

GM:
Orc: 24 pts. Total Damage Taken; -2, Dying.


Current Positions:

00 - Skorane Map 001o3.jpg

SYLVAR: It's your turn. Orc #4 has surrendered, and is remaining calm and still. You can either take a combat action, or you can choose to talk to the Orc, or you can choose to do nothing. If you take an action, or do nothing, combat will continue. If you choose to talk, combat rounds will cease. What do you do?
 

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar throws the rope he bought at the Orc and at the same time utters an incantation that Animates the rope, Coil upon my command the ties that tightly bind.
They coil and knot as I demand, then 'pon my pleasure --- unwind.
Sylvar intends for the rope to coil around the Orc and tie him up tightly.
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sylvar throws the rope near the Orc, and it lands exactly where Sylvar intended.

GM:
Ranged Touch Sylvar 001.jpg


Upon Sylvar's command, the rope coils around the Orc, binding him snugly. The Orc does not resist, nor even flinch.

OOC: COMBAT HAS ENDED. WE ARE NO LONGER IN ROUNDS.


Everyone: What do you do?
 

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Once the Orc is tied up, Sylvar walks to where he threw his polearm through the portal and picks it up off the ground. He wipes any dirt and moisture from the blade and haft then stows it on his back. He keeps his bow ready in one hand with an arrow knocked but not drawn.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Lathir looks back over at Tam-Tam, again, and provides healing if he still needs it; afterward, he will search the fallen and the immediate area for anything of interest.

[sblock=OOC]Lathir has 3 cure light, 1 moderate, and 1 serious at his disposal. GM, feel free to make roll for which is used.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Waynan

Adventurer
Supporter
Tam-Tam gladly accepts the healing. (Cure Lt. Wounds should be adequate).


Feeling refreshed, he looks around and asks where the "Big Guy" went (referring to the Golem).
 

Aust Thale

Explorer
Respen Keeps His Sense of Urgency

~ How capital!! Down the hole with you, but then what? ~
Respen, slightly amazed that the plan actually worked, collects himself for a moment. With the last attack on the orc closest to him, the party had vanquished a demon-woman, perhaps a succubus, a golem (perhaps not destroyed, but certainly put back), and a collection of orcs. Particularly, he made mental note of the tactics that each of the party members had engaged. Dewydd's assaults were nearly always frontal attacks, and if surprise was successful, the attacks were particularly deadly. Lathir's attacks were calculated, almost as if he were applying the correct tool to a problem; Respen sensed the magical significance of the dispatching of the succubus, though he wasn't entirely sure what it meant. Vale's and Sylvar's attacks were direct where necessary, and restrained where necessary. And the new hobbit's presence clearly presented an additional surprise; an opponent unseen, an opponent indeed. And Respen's...his attacks were more effective in getting obstacles out of the way; distraction and countermeasure.

As Sylvar ropes the captive red orc, Respen leaves the 'true believer orc' #3 to Lathir and moves quickly toward the well, peaking over the edge for a moment before moving toward the ashen remains (or not) of the succubus, taking a small sack from his backpack. He scans the tree line in a 360-degree circle.

He stops abruptly in mid-thought, looks toward the captive orc, and then he looks back at the well again.

He speaks to Sylvar in elvish, but as close to Margull’s voice as he can manage; although his Hat of Disguise allows him to look like the Lord Mayor, it does nothing for the voice. “Toron (brother), don’t touch anything on him without using a sack or glove. We really ought to strip search him and either throw him down the well or remove him from here.” Watch for a visible reaction from the orc, even imperceptible, that the orc understands or doesn’t understand elvish. Respen speaks again, this time in common (still in Margull’s voice) “Say no names lest we tip our hand.”

GM:
Sense Motive roll = 3 (fail)
The Orc makes no obvious sign of understanding, although you can't be 100% certain. One thing you do know is that the Orcish language is a twisted dialect of Archaic Elvish, at least in spoken form. He might have been able to understand some of what you said, based on this fact alone. But if he does understand, he's got an excellent poker face.


He turns and motions for Dewydd, "Warrior, would you be so kind as to watch my back for but a moment, and perhaps keep an eye on the tree line around us? "

Using the sack as a glove so not to not touch anything that might curse or otherwise harm the party or him, Respen searches and removes any useful items from the remains of the succubus.

GM:
You find a ring, and a wand among the ashes.


He remarks in a normal voice, "We'll just carry this to a place where it can be more carefully discerned. We need to do this to the others. Warrior, would you check these two fallen?” Respen motions toward Orc #1 and #5.

GM:
There were originally 6 Orcs. 5 are dead, one is captured. Assuming you strip the captive of his possessions, you will end up with:

6 Chainmail Shirts
6 Falchions (of Pomarj design and markings)
6 Short Bows
6 Quivers / 20 arrows each
12 Belt Pouches with miscellaneous small tools (flint and steel, etc.) and rations (dried meats, rancid nuts [an Orc delicacy], and dried fruits. The fruits and meats are edible, although they stink of Orcish seasoning, and smell nothing like you would expect them to.)


He again scans the tree line in all directions, moves to peek into the well a second time, and then address Sylvar again in elvish, “Who among us speaks Orcish?”
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top