D&D Movie/TV Guess the D&D Movie Opening Weekend Box Office Performance, and Win a Prize!

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
BoxOfficeMojo is currently showing $15,300,000 so far, with only March 31 reporting. I've updated the roster.

That's $15.3M in the first day. Not too shabby! (Apparently, John Wick Chapter 4 earned $29.4M on its first day, according to BoxOfficeMojo.)
Also, that basically doubled JW4 on Friday.
Monday ads will almost certainly be "See the number one movie that everyone is talking about"

A 15m opening night should crest 50m

darjr

I crit!

The new Paramount and eOne movie grossed $15.3 million on Friday, including $5.6 million in previews this week, with $4.1 million in Thursday evening shows and the rest from special screenings earlier in the week. The adventure epic expanded into a total of 3,855 locations Friday morning, including a plethora of premium-format screens.

What does that mean? That it got %15.3 million BY Friday, so Friday is minus the preview take and Thursdays?

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller

The new Paramount and eOne movie grossed $15.3 million on Friday, including $5.6 million in previews this week, with $4.1 million in Thursday evening shows and the rest from special screenings earlier in the week. The adventure epic expanded into a total of 3,855 locations Friday morning, including a plethora of premium-format screens.

What does that mean? That it got %15.3 million BY Friday, so Friday is minus the preview take and Thursdays?
The 15.3 includes all preview screenings that charged money

overgeeked

B/X Known World

Yep. That $15.3 million includes $9.7 million from early screenings. So the box office for only Friday is $6.6 million.

John Wick 4 is killing the competition. If I wasn't invested in D&D, I'd absolutely go to see John Wick first.
I don't think comparing those movies has any statistical merits.

One is the 4th in a series, so people already made up their mind to see it or not.

D&D movies has to struggle against the renomee of the previous movies, so word of mouth that it is actually good had to spread first.

So I expect a slightly slower start for D&D than John Wick 4.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases