D&D Movie/TV Guess the D&D Movie Opening Weekend Box Office Performance, and Win a Prize!

Clint_L

Hero
Also, that basically doubled JW4 on Friday.
Monday ads will almost certainly be "See the number one movie that everyone is talking about"

A 15m opening night should crest 50m
More like low 40s unless it seriously under/overperforms. I’m suddenly feeling better about my 47 million prediction. Though I think it’ll come in at 42.

OB1

Jedi Master
Deadline now estimating a $38.5M opening after a $13.1M Saturday haul ($28.4M total thru Saturday). If Sunday comes in better than expected, low 40s are still a possibility.

Edit: John Wick 4 is expected to pull in $29M this weekend, so unless something crazy happens today, D&D will be the #1 movie in America!

Last edited:

Deadline now estimating a $38.5M opening after a $13.1M Saturday haul ($28.4M total thru Saturday). If Sunday comes in better than expected, low 40s are still a possibility.

Edit: John Wick 4 is expected to pull in $29M this weekend, so unless something crazy happens today, D&D will be the #1 movie in America!

We also don't really have the international numbers yet, just a hand full of smaller markets, not the big ones like Germany, Indonesia, China, Japan, Uk, Australia, etc...

Also the costs are split between Hasbro & Paramount, but Eone Hasbro's company has distrubution rights only in Canada & the US, Paramount has it everywhere else.

This means its Hasbro that shouldering the risk, but I'm betting they are banking on more then making up any loss via merch sales and a long term boost to the the brand & cinematic universe.

So the bar for success as far as Paramount is concerned is actually alot lower because of how heavily Hasbro subsidized this money in their favour.

Hasbro is likely banking on making its money more on the merch side of things, and if DADHAT ends up being a loss leader for their taxes, its not ideal, but its fine as long as Paramount are happy enough to keep helping to build a D&D cinematic universe.

Last edited:

Clint_L

Hero
The good news is Easter long weekend should give it a boost, and with very good reviews and an A- audience score it should have good legs - maybe 150 million domestic in total.
Oh wait…Super Mario opens next weekend, doesn’t it? Well, that’s not good.

Maybe make that around 100 million domestic.

Remove ads