• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hands of Fate - Chapter 1 - The Orbs of Insight

Temujin

First Post
As Mugen only has fists, and the burrow is small, He will wait outside, ready to grapple the creature should it emerge.

pooc: If you're rushing in behind him, how is he going to get out...]

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
wysiwyg said:
Jean rushes in with his blade to help Ghin.

ooc: He will be coming from the rear of this beast.
OOC - With the hole being only 5 foot in diameter at the most, and Ghin being over 6 foot tall, with shield, 20 feet down the hole, at an incline, there is no way to get past him, and you would only be blocking his route of escape, if he chooses to do so. Only one person can stand and attack the creature while in the hole.

Being of elven blood, you see that Ghin is facing the beast, fighting, and all you see is his back, crouched a little, and the light of his shield from the entrance to the burrow. You do not see a way around him to assist...

Last edited:

Drakknyte32

First Post
Kevin's arm is a bloody mess, and the rest of him isn't looking too good either. He sits down on the barrel beside him and pulls out a line of cloth to use as a makeshift bandage. Trusting his comrades to deal with the last two weasels he begins trying to staunch the bleeding.

OOC: Having singlehandly defeated a kobold and a dire weasel and now having fewer hp's than the sorceror I believe my part in this encounter is finished.

wysiwyg

First Post
Jean

"Pull back, draw it to the enterance where we can help!"
Jean moves back to the end of the cave at the same pace that Ghin moves - keeping an eye out if Ghin should fall and need assistance"

Hesseroph

First Post
Ghin Coldstream: Human Wall of Steel and Oak!

*Ghin stops about 10 feet into the tunnel. He tilts his head slightly refusing to allow the beast to leave his sight.*

"I have no intention of killing this pitiful creature should it be but a normal product of nature. Nature by its own law is not malicious or benign, it is simply just natural. Please allow me to judge its intentions. If it is hostile I'll back out and allow you two to assist me in subduing it. I beleive it may be better to bring it back to Lord Maximo alive."

*A sly grin crosses Ghin's once serious face. His posture relaxes a bit despite his proximity to the creature.*

"Worry not good fellows, I'll protect you..."

*Looking directly at the beast again.*

"And as for you... Tell me beast what are you...?"

*Begin advance again as before.*

#If the creature begins to attack me like crazy, I'll retreat back the the entrance to allow for more extreem measures.#

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Hesseroph said:
*Ghin stops about 10 feet into the tunnel. He tilts his head slightly refusing to allow the beast to leave his sight.*

"I have no intention of killing this pitiful creature should it be but a normal product of nature. Nature by its own law is not malicious or benign, it is simply just natural. Please allow me to judge its intentions. If it is hostile I'll back out and allow you two to assist me in subduing it. I beleive it may be better to bring it back to Lord Maximo alive."

*A sly grin crosses Ghin's once serious face. His posture relaxes a bit despite his proximity to the creature.*

"Worry not good fellows, I'll protect you..."

*Looking directly at the beast again.*

"And as for you... Tell me beast what are you...?"

*Begin advance again as before.*

#If the creature begins to attack me like crazy, I'll retreat back the the entrance to allow for more extreem measures.#
Ok, what exactly are your actions? I think you are pretty much moving/withdrawing ten feet back, stopping, turning around and trying to move back at the creature? That would put you ten feet into the tunnel, between the others and the creature... Please let me know so I can respond accordingly...

Gomez

First Post
Gray Sparrows cheeks are red from her anger and embarrassment of her awkward tumble past the kobolds. Well at least she accomplished what she wanted to do. Seeing the surrounding kobolds, a grin forms on her face and then she begins to laugh. What a challenge! she thinks to herself. She shifts her stance and launches a Scythe cuts the Wheat kick at the kobold leader.

Hesseroph

First Post
Ghin Coldstream: As direct as a one legged dog running in circles!

*Looking about him Ghin relises he is deeper in the tunnel than he expected. This is no great surprise to him, math was never his strong point. After turning away from his comrades he continues his advance into the tunnel.*

#Ghin was never great judging distance and realized he was 20 feet in more so than his assumed 10 feet. He is moving forward, shield as his light source (5 Foot Steps, Full Defense). He is moving forward in an attempt to judge the actions of the creature. If it retreats deeper in (if there is any further to go) he will continue until it stops. If it attacks him, he will back out withdrawing (at whatever speed withdrawing is done at). If he must retreat and the creature follow him all the way out he will move 10 feet away from the entrance (so other can keep it from entering it again.) and attempt to subdue it (weaken it with normal attacks until it looks weak enough to hit with subduing attacks.)#

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads