D&D 5E Heroes of Krynn UA Survey is up

If you're going for traditional Dragonlance wouldn't you also want to ban warlocks? Folks making pacts with entities for power is in the setting, but it's wizards doing it (like in 5e you could see Raistlan as a wizard/warlock multiclass from a story point of view, though from a mechanical point of view it doesn't fit).
I don't see why you would ban warlock, I would even just MAKE Raistlan a warlock. Just becuse we only had 1 magic user class in 1e doesn't mean the new ones can't fit.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
I don't see why you would ban warlock, I would even just MAKE Raistlan a warlock. Just becuse we only had 1 magic user class in 1e doesn't mean the new ones can't fit.
I mean, that's what I'd do personally, but I'm not only not a person trying to run a "traditional" Dragonlance, I'm a person who doesn't even see the value in running a "traditional" Dragonlance campaign with 5e rules. I'd want to run a 5e Dragonlance campaign if I'm using 5e rules, not a 5e-but-beaten-into-a-1e-form campaign. So I wouldn't ban anything at all - I'd just make it work. But I also have a different goal than the folks who want a "traditional" Dragonlance game I suspect.

Now I am thinking if the wargame "Warrior of Krynn" works and we see more titles, maybe later two classes could be added, the warlord (maybe ki martial adept specialized into "White Raven" school) and the warmage (sorcerer with light armor, or hybrid arcane-spellcaster and ki martial adept).

If we hope a D&D with a level as "Dragon Age" saga we should await years, even if the project started time ago.

* How would be the teological impact of the warlocks' patrons for the age of the despair?

maybe later two classes could be added, the warlord (maybe ki martial adept specialized into "White Raven" school) and the warmage (sorcerer with light armor, or hybrid arcane-spellcaster and ki martial adept).
both sound great. I want a swordmage too a martial and magical (maybe artificer 1/2 caster progression) that has spells tha focus on weapon and spells

Weiley31

Legend
Well, I left my feedback. I stated that overall, I was very satisfied with the entire thing. I flipping gushed over the bonus feats, backgrounds, and expressed my love for the Squire of Solamnia feat and its Knightly Order feats. (Okay I gushed/loved for it in a non-Rule 34 way, so that way its family friendly!)

I now have to hope everybody else can see how much the Squire of Solamnia/Knightly Order feats gives some much-needed loving to 5E Martials and don't gut my heart too much by expressing how much they want it tossed into the fire.

Scribe

Legend
What does "in print" mean? Would a sidebar that says "In earlier editions of D&D, membership in these groups was tied to character alignment and so if your game wants to use alignment restrictions white robes should be restricted to be any non-evil alignment and black robes restricted to any non-good alignment" be sufficient?
Something like that. Good Black Robes should be an exception. If there is no distinction, it's not an exception, it just is.

It's a common thread for me, and is a major reason I've bought one book in 2 years or something.

Aldarc

Legend
Something like that. Good Black Robes should be an exception. If there is no distinction, it's not an exception, it just is.

It's a common thread for me, and is a major reason I've bought one book in 2 years or something.
Good black robes shouldn't be the exception. They should be the standard. If you are going to wear the Black Robes, they should at least be fashionable, high quality fabric that provides both a post-Cataclysmic chic style and extreme comfort.

Remove ads