• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes of the Worlds- The Hunt Begins

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Why didn't I think of this before?"
Dalamar opens his hands to gather magical, consuming the electrical blade in the process. He then focuses the energy to take down the magical slowness on Ash.

You guessed it, Dispel Magic.

Darkwolf

First Post
Filia roars in anger at her horrible luck and tries to claw, bite, wing, and tail her way to victory.

Full round attack again.

reapersaurus

Explorer
OOC: I'm in another quandry again - this battle is just not simplistic... :(
The grappling rules have a pin 'disappear' each round, requiring Alexandre to re-apply the pin whether Ash escapes during his action or not.
So it is most beneficial for Ash to ready an action to escape the grapple once the pin 'disappears' at the beginning of Alexandre's turn.
However, if Ash has the Slow Dispelled, than that would change things, perhaps making it a better strategy to try 2 escapes during his turn.
BUT..... Ash is a Forsaker, who can't willingly (by the book) accept a Dispel Magic, since he has sworn off magic.
However, in my eyes, a Dispel Magic is removing magic from him, so only the most dogmatic of Forsakers would deny a Dispel Magic.
Then again, Ash is notoriously stupid and inflexible.

Ash struggles to get the vampire off him, either on his turn or delaying a tad to best time his escape.

Kalanyr

Explorer
(Total Attacks:15 22 27 19 24 14 2 hits Damage= 7 - Damage Reduction ( 2 points of damage)+ 5- Damage Reduction (Reduced to 0))

Filia roards with fury and rips into one of the minions ripping into its undead flesh with a claw and a wing but inflicting little damage on the tough undead flesh and what little damage done heals almost instanteously (2 points fully healed).

Ash delays his action to see if anything beneficial happens. (OOC Digression: If you IC knew that Dalamar would be dispelling then I'd be docking your Forsaker abilities right now since the class wording IS absolute and waiting for a Dispel is seriously not "refuse any benefit from other's magic"!)

Dalamar easily dispels the slow spell on Ash. (Caster level check 33 Oh Dal you've lost 6 points from your dispels total so far)

Ash then wiggles out of Alexandre's grip (28 vs 15 Break Pin, 25 vs 17 Escape Grapple). (Ash's new Initiative = 11).

The minions once more attack Filia attempting (Total Attacks: 12 8 21 15) only one manages to connect for 12 points of damage.

Alexandre assessing his options gets to his feat (Move-equivalent action) and then partial charges Dalamar screaming in bloodlust his former cool demeanour now utterly lost and hits the mage with his fists for 11 damage (Total attack 29). Alexandre is now free of any visible woundings.

Summary
Minion 1 18 fire damage
Minion 2 18 fre damage
Minion 3 9 fire damage
Minion 4 9 fire damage
Deedlit 5/35hp (17 points of subdual damage)
Filia (Dragon Form) 45/88
Dalamar -5/32 hp (unconscious, bleeding)
Alexandre undamaged
Ash 92/92 + Con 15/24

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC- If you provide relevant rolls in your post I'll use your rolls otherwise I use mine. Pretty much how I've been doing this the whole time.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
*rolls a d10, aiming for 1* *rollrollroll* 7!
Darn, no stabilizing this round :(, but on another point, the Dispel Magic has been addressed here.

Darkwolf

First Post
Filia continues to attack, worried that her friends are slowly dropping to Alexandre, but needing to get these minions off of her first.

Full round attack again.

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC- Thanks Dal, hmm the maximised Dispel cheese isn't really that hot considering I can get a +69 Dispel for a 20th level caster using Elements of Magic.

Back In DM: Filia rips into the minions this time missing only with a single wing buffet and her tail slap. (30 26 24 18miss 27 15miss). Filia open's her mouth and closes it with a crunch on one of the more badly wounded minions arms (18 damage reduced to 13 by Damage Reduction), causing it to howl in agony.Following it up Filia claws the creature for 3 damage (8 reduced to 3 by DR), causing the creature to stagger backwards badly injured, Filia follows up with another claw strike that the creature shrugs off (Reduced to 0 by DR) and another wing slap that knocks the minion to the ground staggered (7 reduced to 2 by DR).

Ash draws his shotgun and lets Alexandre have everything he's got, unfortunately although the 3 shots hit Alexandre they all bounce of his unnaturally tough skin. (Attacks: 20 22 17 All missed due to Natural Armour).

Dalamar fails to stabilize.

The minion Filia just downed struggles to its feat to carry on the fight, while the others attack the dragon again (Total Attacks: 16 12 15) however not a single blow is landed.

Alexandre gazes around and smirks and waves his hand singing arcane words as he again begins to blur with supernatural speed, followed quickly by another song that seems to fortify his strength again.

"Looks like you may be in a tad of trouble."

Summary
Minion 1 18 fire damage 18 physical damage, X healed.
Minion 2 18 fre damage
Minion 3 9 fire damage
Minion 4 9 fire damage
Deedlit 5/35hp (17 points of subdual damage)
Filia (Dragon Form) 45/88
Dalamar -5/32 hp (unconscious, bleeding)
Alexandre undamaged
Ash 92/92 + Con 15/24

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads