• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Hey, are we all cool with having to buy the same book twice, or what?

False equivalence.

You can’t complain about the behaviour of a corporation AND promote its product thus sustaining the corporation.
This isn’t complaining about seat belt and buying a car, this is complaining about Ford while buying a Ford rather than a competitor.

I like Frostys. Love them. But I don’t approve of Wendy’s treatment of farm workers so I don’t go there.

Yes, Hasbro has done some questionable thing. And it’s subsiduary, Wizards of the Coast, has also done questionable things. But they’re still among the least bad of corporations.
And complaining that they’re not giving you something extra as a bonus that most other publishers don’t feels very entitled.

False equivalence.

You can’t complain about the behaviour of a corporation AND promote its product thus sustaining the corporation.
This isn’t complaining about seat belt and buying a car, this is complaining about Ford while buying a Ford rather than a competitor.

I like Frostys. Love them. But I don’t approve of Wendy’s treatment of farm workers so I don’t go there.

Yes, Hasbro has done some questionable thing. And it’s subsiduary, Wizards of the Coast, has also done questionable things. But they’re still among the least bad of corporations.
And complaining that they’re not giving you something extra as a bonus that most other publishers don’t feels very entitled.
You can't expect him to actually take action though, can you? That would involve effort.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
You can't expect him to actually take action though, can you? That would involve effort.

I thought the way we change behavior we don't like in the market is to make our voices heard and vote with our wallets?

Not buying their virtual copies and complaining about it on a public forum seems to fit the bill to me.

Or does all that talk about personal accountability not extend to companies?

Apparently sometime while I wasn't looking WOTC/Hasbro has nailed itself to a cross and must not be criticized.

I thought the way we change behavior we don't like in the market is to make our voices heard and vote with our wallets?

Not buying their virtual copies and complaining about it on a public forum seems to fit the bill to me.

Apparently sometime while I wasn't looking WOTC/Hasbro has nailed itself to a cross and must not be criticized.
Y'know, I have seen quite a lot of companies take accountability for their actions.

The People though? Not as much. It's always the companies fault, when they are just following what the consumers (that's you) want them to do.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

The irony train keeps chu-chu--chugging along, don't it? 😂

WotC doesn't read these boards, first of all. Second, what they are doing with selling their books, and then licensing to Beyond, Fantasy Grounds or Roll 20 to sell other products, is cool.

Remove ads