D&D General Hilarious typos in D&D books

pukunui

Legend
I thought about posting all the typos I found in Ghosts of Saltmarsh as I read through it, but... WotC isn't paying me to copy-edit their books for them.
I reckon Eberron: Rising from the Last War is the worst 5e book in terms of typos. You can pretty much turn to any random page in the book and find at least one (and that is only a slight exaggeration). Most of them aren't particularly hilarious, though.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Good luck fleeing from traffic cones; they reduce your speed to a crawl. (No pun intended.) They also block movement through normally-open spaces.
Cone of cones is a gold rated battlefield control spell. It creates traffic cones in a pattern of your choosing within a 90' long 40' wide cone. Targets within the cones treat it as difficult terrain and if they begin or end their turn within the cones must make a WIS save or be paralyzed with road rage until the end of their next turn. Not bad for a 2nd level conjuration.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
WotC should definitely gather all the hilarious typos from across all editions and create a document of spells and creatures based on those typos for Extra Life charity!

Cone of Cones
Lvl 3 spell (Druid)
1 bonus action
Concentration (10 minutes)
VSM

You create 8 magical pine cones in your space. They float in the air and orbit you for the spell's duration. When you cast the spell—and as a bonus action on each of your turns thereafter—you can expend one or two of the cones, sending them streaking toward a point or points you choose within 80 feet of you. Once a cone reaches its destination or impacts against a solid surface,it burst and release a volley of magical seeds. Each creature in a 15 feet cone from the point where the cones burst must make a Dexterity saving throw. A creature takes 2d6 piercing damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

At Higher Levels.
When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the number of cones created increases by two for each slot level above 3rd.

Adamant

Explorer
I reckon Eberron: Rising from the Last War is the worst 5e book in terms of typos. You can pretty much turn to any random page in the book and find at least one (and that is only a slight exaggeration). Most of them aren't particularly hilarious, though.
The typos, while normally frustrating, aren't nearly as bad as the places where the book contradicts itself on the same page. I had to cross reference with an archived 3.5e book to find out what language fiends speak, for example. They listed both abyssal and infernal as the sole language of fiends...

WotC should definitely gather all the hilarious typos from across all editions and create a document of spells and creatures based on those typos for Extra Life charity!

Cone of Cones
Lvl 3 spell (Druid)
1 bonus action
Concentration (10 minutes)
VSM

You create 8 magical pine cones in your space. They float in the air and orbit you for the spell's duration. When you cast the spell—and as a bonus action on each of your turns thereafter—you can expend one or two of the cones, sending them streaking toward a point or points you choose within 80 feet of you. Once a cone reaches its destination or impacts against a solid surface,it burst and release a volley of magical seeds. Each creature in a 15 feet cone from the point where the cones burst must make a Dexterity saving throw. A creature takes 2d6 piercing damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

At Higher Levels.
When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the number of cones created increases by two for each slot level above 3rd.

Darn, I was hoping for waffle cones. Still 8d8 cold damage, but survivors can enjoy a tasty treat.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Cone of Colts
You get run over by the Wide Receiver, pounded flat by the Defensive Line, then the Quarterback throws a football and beans you with it. Take damage and fall prone.

The other kind of colt? How about the Elvish trap at the ford outside of Rivendell?

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases