• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hollow's Last Hope [OOC]

Insight

Adventurer
YeOldeAlbatross said:
Now, let's talk character backgrounds. The adventure begins is the small logging town of Falcon's Hollow. The PCs could be travellers newly arrived in town, such as with a merchant caravan. Alternatively, they could be natives of Falcon's Hollow. Or, we could have a mix between the two. Native characters could know each other already, or could be introduced at the beginning of the adventure. I'll leave each of you to decide what route to take as the backgrounds go. Just make sure that your character is in Falcon's Hollow with some time on his/her hands. I'm open for discussing ideas if you want to, also.

Hakkara's background would pretty much fit with the "travellers newly arrived in town", probably as a guard for a merchant caravan. It was a merchant caravan that was to continue past Falcon's Hollow, but Hakkara didn't care for a few merchants who made... certain suggestions... and didn't wish to continue. She has that problem sometimes. Anyway, Hakkara is nearly broke and really doesn't want to hang around this small town much longer.

I'll update her RG entry with this info.

Here's hoping we can get started very soon! :D I'm looking forward to it.

Me too. Let's get going, people!

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
Hi guys,

I have received my print copy of Hollow's Last Hope (in addition to the PDF), and I've had the chance to read through the whole module now. The verdict?

It's cool! Really cool. :) Lots of nice little touches that show a lot of thought and care went into the making of this product. I'm really excited about running it for you all.

I'm hoping that everyone is on pace to have character sheets and backgrounds finalized by Friday. (If anyone is interested in being a native of Falcon's Hollow, just let me know, and I'll give you some limited info about the town).

Of course, with that said, there is no reason we couldn't start sooner, if everybody is ready. Basically, I'm ready to roll... :cool:

Azgulor

Adventurer
YeOldeAlbatross said:
Speaking of characters: Azgulor and Voadam, I hope you'll be able to complete your character sheets soon. I've had some time to look over the adventure, and it looks like a fun one. There really is little reason we can't get started right away once all the character sheets are completed. I don't mean to rush you guys, but I am excited about starting the game.

Sorry if I'm inadvertently holding things up, but other than my bonus language, I'm not sure what isn't complete with my character sheet.

With regards to that bonus langauge, are there other human languages used in the region besides Common? If not, what is the most commonly encountered demi-human or humanoid in the region? Given Cyryn's background, I'm thinking he picked up his bonus language overhearing traveler's in the tavern where his mother worked.

Thanks,

Azgulor

Azgulor

Adventurer
Cyryn will be a recent arrival in the area, having passed himself off as a caravan guard. Having grown bored with that, he's stayed while the caravan moved on, and is in search of adventure...

...or at least a break from the boredom of guard duty.

Azgulor

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
Azgulor said:
Sorry if I'm inadvertently holding things up, but other than my bonus language, I'm not sure what isn't complete with my character sheet.
Ack, sorry. I was kind of just waiting for a post from you that said 'I'm done' or the like before reviewing the sheet. If you posted such earlier and I missed it, I apologize. :heh:

Thanks for letting me know what's up! I'll review Cyryn shortly. Thanks!

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
Azgulor said:
With regards to that bonus langauge, are there other human languages used in the region besides Common? If not, what is the most commonly encountered demi-human or humanoid in the region? Given Cyryn's background, I'm thinking he picked up his bonus language overhearing traveler's in the tavern where his mother worked.
Well, my knowledge of the setting is still very limited, because the amount of material released for the setting is very limited. From what I've seen, though, I'd suggest Dwarven as a good option.

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
Hero4hire, I know that I already approved Jared's sheet and all...

...but...

Could you be so kind as to review his equipment list and re-calculate the value of his stuff? He should have 200 gp worth of equipment, and I think he is in excess of that amount by something close to 30 gold. Would you mind double checking? Thanks!

Sorry I didn't notice this before! :heh:

Last edited:

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
Azgulor,

Just a couple of points to mention about Cyryn's sheet.

**His intiative total should be +7 (+3 dex mod and +4 from Imp. Init.)

**It looks like you only spent 35 of Cyryn's available 36 skill points.

And of course, he's entitled to know one more language, as you've stated previously.

That looks like it for him! A couple minor fixes, and he'll be ready to begin! :)

Remove ads