D&D 5E Honor Among Thieves Character Stats

D&D Beyond has published the official game statistics for various characters from the upcoming D&D: Honor Among Thieves movie. The collection includes stats for Doric, Edgin Darvis, Forge Fitzwilliam, Holga Kilgore, Simon Aumar, Sofina, and Xenk Yendar. https://www.dndbeyond.com/claim/source/tg?icid_source=house-ads&icid_medium=tg&icid_campaign=redemption

D&D Beyond has published the official game statistics for various characters from the upcoming D&D: Honor Among Thieves movie.

The collection includes stats for Doric, Edgin Darvis, Forge Fitzwilliam, Holga Kilgore, Simon Aumar, Sofina, and Xenk Yendar.

638120143799885947.jpeg

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Yeah i get that. But WHY? In the novel he literally put himself in harms way to protect another person. He is not Evil by any stretch as far as I could tell. I wouldn't even say he's greedy, though he does have big aspirations. He's just an older Edgin more or less.

I'm guessing something happened between the prequel and the movie to alter his alignment.
Haven't read the novel, but, from the movie, easy answer is Riches.

NOTHING gets between him and large amounts of loot - it seems to override ALL his other imperatives.

He may like someone, he may even help someone at risk to himself (especially if that person can help get him to loot later) but nothing gets in the way of him and large amounts of treasure.

Yeah i get that. But WHY? In the novel he literally put himself in harms way to protect another person. He is not Evil by any stretch as far as I could tell. I wouldn't even say he's greedy, though he does have big aspirations. He's just an older Edgin more or less.

I'm guessing something happened between the prequel and the movie to alter his alignment.
He collaborates with a planned mass murder in order to get rich, and then when things go wrong he threatens to murder someone who looks up to him as a father figure, if he doesn't get his money back.

That's why.

I haven't read the novel so I don't know if he was always like that, underneath. For what it's worth he's perfectly pleasant most of the time in the movie. But true character reveals itself in times of stress.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
He collaborates with a planned mass murder in order to get rich, and then when things go wrong he threatens to murder someone who looks up to him as a father figure, if he doesn't get his money back.

That's why.

I haven't read the novel so I don't know if he was always like that, underneath. For what it's worth he's perfectly pleasant most of the time in the movie. But true character reveals itself in times of stress.
Im assuming that's Edgins daughter. Whom in the book, he stands in front of her to shield her from possibly being attacked and killed.

For someone who values wealth he gives away magic boots simply to be nice.

I'm just going to assume the writer of the novel wasn't completely let in on Forge and his true motivations in the film.

Weiley31

Legend
Eh, while I do agree that stripping the spell lists from monsters kinda sucks, I view it this way: Non-boss versions of spellcasters would use the new approach that WoTC is using for em. Boss versions of spell casters would have the spell lists/slots.

Im assuming that's Edgins daughter. Whom in the book, he stands in front of her to shield her from possibly being attacked and killed.

For someone who values wealth he gives away magic boots simply to be nice.

I'm just going to assume the writer of the novel wasn't completely let in on Forge and his true motivations in the film.
Could be. Could also be that's he's emotionally complex enough to have conflicting desires, like "I like this kid" but "I don't want to die." DramaSystem is a good game for exploring that type of conflict.

In a game like Dungeon Fantasy, it would be revealing to see, when someone shoots at arrow at Forge, does he dodge and drop (the arrow might still hit Kira but at least they were aiming at Forge, so it cuts her odds of getting hit by about 50%) or stand there and take it so she doesn't?

In D&D that kind of character reveal can't happen. But he does clearly have some level of genuine affection for her even in the movie. And yet, true character reveals itself when it's tested. If you've seen the movie you know what I mean.

(Also we don't know yet what circumstances he would steal the boots back.)

Last edited:

Eh, while I do agree that stripping the spell lists from monsters kinda sucks, I view it this way: Non-boss versions of spellcasters would use the new approach that WoTC is using for em. Boss versions of spell casters would have the spell lists/slots.
You can simplify the boss version of a monster even further while still respecting PC/NPC similarity. All you do is say,

"Sofina prefers the following spells and has enough slots to cast them freely for at least the first five rounds of combat: [list of five spells, ideally with a brief summary like 'Fireball: 8d6 fire damage in a 40' radius, DC 18 Dex save for half damage']. She can also cast Time Stop once. She has various other spells appropriate to a 17th level wizard."

That way if she needs to Teleport, she can take a day to Teleport. Etc.

Weiley31

Legend
You can simplify the boss version of a monster even further while still respecting PC/NPC similarity. All you do is say,

"Sofina prefers the following spells and has enough slots to cast them freely for at least the first five rounds of combat: [list of five spells, ideally with a brief summary like 'Fireball: 8d6 fire damage in a 40' radius, DC 18 Dex save for half damage']. She can also cast Time Stop once. She has various other spells appropriate to a 17th level wizard."

That way if she needs to Teleport, she can take a day to Teleport. Etc.
Hmmm, that's a neat way of doing it too.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Eh, or people change. Or he was bluffing at the end of the film.
Right. I assume something happened between the book and film. It's a pretty big swerve from "Protect little girl" to "Murder same little girl".

Nothing in the novel hints that he would murder for money.

Not to mention these people are his "family". He's the beloved "Uncle" or whatever. It's not just murder it murder and betrayal of family.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Right. I assume something happened between the book and film. It's a pretty big swerve from "Protect little girl" to "Murder same little girl".

Nothing in the novel hints that he would murder for money.
Yeah, several years go by in the movie when we don't see what Forge is up to. If this were Star Wars, we could count on being bludgeoned to death with 40 novels explaining each month of that time in detail and we could see how he got from Point A to Point Z.

Remove ads

Remove ads