D&D 5E How on earth is this balanced?! Twilight cleric, more in-play evidence

The Shepherd Druid can provide 5+Lv Temp HP to a whole party as a bonus action wit the Bear totem... but they don't regenerate...The Twilight Cleric is a straight upgrade to that.
A standard action is never a straight upgrade to a bonus action. Especially when the bonus action isn't a spell.

Not saying that it's not better - but an action is a high cost.

The problem with the Twilight Cleric isn't the channel divinity. That would be fine as a central reason for taking the class. It's that it has the channel divinity and the darkvision and the martial weapons + heavy armour and the initiative and the flight and a superb spell list.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The Shepherd Druid can provide 5+Lv Temp HP to a whole party as a bonus action wit the Bear totem... but they don't regenerate...The Twilight Cleric is a straight upgrade to that.

Also an upgrade to the Inspiring Leader feat...

But maybe it's the other abilities that were over-tuned??
So the game I ran with a twilight cleric? There was also a shepherd druid in the party, who played as a "summoner". The "meatwall" was insane.

So it's "fun" when the guy next to you has a character that can do everything you can do, but better?

I haven't actually seen this in 5e but I have in 3.5 and in other game systems (Palladium is a big offender)
Apparently I use a different means of measuring fun than effectiveness in combat compared to the other players.

Remove ads