D&D 5E How to Adjudicate Actions in D&D 5e

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
@Harzel & [MENTION=6802553]BookBarbarian[/MENTION], Can't you just add some oil to loosen the threads?

*acknowledging that I have now completely left the point of the thread

I don't see how on the vehicles I have owned. The filters were barely accessible with a single hand (no chance at using a filter wrench), and the threads themselves were blocked by the old filter. I would use oil to slick up the threads of the new filter, but they were typically still a bear to get off.

Hi iserith!
I started getting into D&D just this year, though I've been trying to get started with it for a long time. Never really had the time or group of friends for it. Plenty has happened in a short time and I'm set to DM my first home-brew campaign soon! I've had many, many questions - not about adjudicating checks per se... but how to make it better! How to make checks engaging.
All I wanted to say is: five years down the line your post is still massively helpful to someone and really inspiring! Thanks a ton for this!
All the best,
Johnny

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
Hi iserith!
I started getting into D&D just this year, though I've been trying to get started with it for a long time. Never really had the time or group of friends for it. Plenty has happened in a short time and I'm set to DM my first home-brew campaign soon! I've had many, many questions - not about adjudicating checks per se... but how to make it better! How to make checks engaging.
All I wanted to say is: five years down the line your post is still massively helpful to someone and really inspiring! Thanks a ton for this!
All the best,
Johnny

Thank you, glad this could help! I keep saying I want to get around to revising this, but never do. One day...

Thank you, glad this could help! I keep saying I want to get around to revising this, but never do. One day...
Haha that's very understandable! As it is in life so often, the small things tend to fall under the table. Also, I still think it's very relevant and the material has "aged" really well, if you will. :)

Remove ads