D&D Movie/TV Hugh Grant To Play Villain in the D&D Movie

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline. According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric. In recent...

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline.

According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric.

In recent years, Hugh Grant has played villains in Paddington 2, and The Undoing.

Hugh_Grant_in_2014.jpg

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Alec Baldwin was primarily known for being a dramatic actor at one time but he absolutely kills it doing comedy. Actors are capable of doing good work in more than one genre of film.
Lots of them can sing and dance, too, having done musical theater (or at least trained for it) on the way up.

Grant played rugby in school and has done Shakespeare. It wouldn't be a shock if he had stage combat training he could blow the dust off of, with the help of trainers with the movie.

ccs

41st lv DM
Captain America: The First Avenger managed to overcome the previous Captain America movie.
And the two TV "movies".
And the 1940s serial.

The trend here is that each outing for CA improved from the previous effort.
I think that trend ended with CA: Winter Soldier though as Civil Way was practically Avengers III.

Retreater

Legend
People didn't like it when Heath Ledger was first cast as the Joker because he was a romantic lead.
Let's give Hugh Grant a chance. He's a professional actor who has been in some good films. Sometimes playing against type works. Look at Robin Williams' dramatic roles.

I'll point out that they only have supposed names for these two characters, not anyone else previously announced. While the casting news seems to be accurate, I take the reported names with a grain of salt.

The name Forge Fletcher does feel like it would be right at home in Eberron, though it also sounds like the kind of name a 13-year old would come up with and think sounded absolutely BA.

It’s entirely possible that “Forge Fletcher” is a fake name to toss the press so people won’t go looking. It’d be really funny if Forge Fletcher was code for, say, “Obould Many-arrows” or something. 🙂

Technoloid

Villager
Isn't Ian McKellan a Shakespearean actor? And yet LOTR and X-Men.

Isn't Judi Dench a Shakespearean actor? And yet Chronicles of Riddick and James Bond.

Isn't Peter Cushing usually cast in horror movies? And yet Star Wars.

Isn't Hugh Jackman usually cast in action movies? And yet Les Mis.
It's called acting. The person pretends to be a different person.
Alec Baldwin was primarily known for being a dramatic actor at one time but he absolutely kills it doing comedy. Actors are capable of doing good work in more than one genre of film.

Usually people dont make a huge jump like this though. Jumping from horror movies, which let's be real doesnt take a whole lot of range to an action movie isnt that big of a change up in style.

Unless his character is going to kill people at a candle light dinner while serenading them with the sultry sounds of Michael Bolton, I just dont see it being a good fit is all.

That's just how to cookie...... errrr biscuit, crumbles

Technoloid

Villager
People didn't like it when Heath Ledger was first cast as the Joker because he was a romantic lead.
Let's give Hugh Grant a chance. He's a professional actor who has been in some good films. Sometimes playing against type works. Look at Robin Williams' dramatic roles.
Heath ledger played in several different genres before batman. I dont think anyone thought he was a flat out bad choice for the joker.

Remove ads

Remove ads