D&D Movie/TV Hugh Grant To Play Villain in the D&D Movie

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline. According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric. In recent...

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline.

According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric.

In recent years, Hugh Grant has played villains in Paddington 2, and The Undoing.

Hugh_Grant_in_2014.jpg

It’s entirely possible that “Forge Fletcher” is a fake name to toss the press so people won’t go looking. It’d be really funny if Forge Fletcher was code for, say, “Obould Many-arrows” or something. 🙂
Yeah, that's my view. Which might suggest he is playing a "known" D&D character. Personally I can imagine him voicing Xanathar.

It’s a very reasonable claim. It had probably been at least a decade since Lee had been in the papers in any major way, or been otherwise a current big deal.

He was very much a guy who was a big deal because of decades past, not because of any recent work.
Lee was pretty much housebound for about the last 10 years before he died. His last roles they made special arrangements to film his bits at or near his home. It's called old age, it gets everyone who lives long enough. His death in 2015 was big news.

Last edited:

R_J_K75

Legend
None of that paragraph has any logic behind it.

You have chosen not to see some of the most popular films of the last 30 years, so you don't know anything about these actors. Suggesting casting them means something bad based on your, frankly, unusual taste in films is silly.
Let's agree to disagree, and its probably best if I dont respond to this.

hopeless

Adventurer
I have watched all 3 d&d movies and have absolutely no problem with Hugh Grant playing the villain in this!

The third d&d movie to me was the worst one, the second was the best one and I understand people think they're terrible but after picking up a copy of the first two on region 1 and 2 I think the region 2 release of the Wrath of the Dragon God was far worse as the extras on the region 1 version was so much better than the blu ray region 2 version!

Would it really hurt to not ignore their movie has a pantheon of gods for cleric's to worship?

The first one seemed to only have Tom Baker playing the elven Cleric.
The second they killed off their cleric (sorry spoiler warning I suppose!), but had lizardfolk shaman.
The third there was only one god and he had excommunicated his clergy which normally means he's dead unless they're crazy enough to continue worshipping that kind of a&&h*le!

Izmer was a Metropolis in the first movie then a small city at best in the second and no where to be found in the third as they apparently don't give a damn about continuation well d&d does have several settings pity they couldn't use one of them!

Never watched Paddington the movie either of them, is it worth picking up for my almost 4 year old niece?

Technoloid

Villager
Isn't High Grant usually cast in movies in the "Drama" genre??

Correct me if I'm wrong but this movie is going to be in the "Action/Adventure" Genre.

That's where my disconnect is.

I remember seeing this guy in some movie where Hes wearing a tuxedo.... that's literally all I can recall of his career. Just not a guy who's in movies i willing choose to watch.

Sure hes a great actor though

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
Isn't High Grant usually cast in movies in the "Drama" genre??

Correct me if I'm wrong but this movie is going to be in the "Action/Adventure" Genre.

That's where my disconnect is.

I remember seeing this guy in some movie where Hes wearing a tuxedo.... that's literally all I can recall of his career. Just not a guy who's in movies i willing choose to watch.

Sure hes a great actor though
Isn't Ian McKellan a Shakespearean actor? And yet LOTR and X-Men.

Isn't Judi Dench a Shakespearean actor? And yet Chronicles of Riddick and James Bond.

Isn't Peter Cushing usually cast in horror movies? And yet Star Wars.

Isn't Hugh Jackman usually cast in action movies? And yet Les Mis.

Remove ads

Remove ads