D&D Movie/TV Hugh Grant To Play Villain in the D&D Movie

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline. According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric. In recent...

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline.

According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric.

In recent years, Hugh Grant has played villains in Paddington 2, and The Undoing.

Hugh_Grant_in_2014.jpg

MarkB

Legend
I think Hugh Grant is a good choice for a villain. I wonder if he'll be buried in special effects and CGI or play a basically humanoid being? I could see him as a dragon, or even a mind flayer, though I suspect not.
Forge Fletcher could be a pretty good Warforged name.

Hugh Grant = Venger
Chris Pine = Hank
Michelle Rodriguez = Diana
Bridgerton Guy = Presto
Sophia Lillis = Bobbi (see what they did there)
Justice Smith = Eric

Toby Jones for Dungeon Master!
Anya Taylor-Joy for Sheila!

yeah!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
True but there's no built in good will either.

D&D movie usually gets a huh or groan type reaction.
Captain America: The First Avenger managed to overcome the previous Captain America movie. The general audience has wisely removed the previous D&D movies from their memory, other than R_J, who apparently only has access to those three movies on Betamax.

Zardnaar

Legend
OK if you say so

He's still that romcom guy.

He's moved away from them in recent years but I don't think massive amounts of people have seen them.

It's disingenuous IMHO to claim he's a bad actor he's even very good he's was just in a narrow range of movies or smaller ones.

He's no Leonardo Dicaprio or big budget blockbusters action type star eg The Rock.

He's very dependable, consistent and good at what he does.

R_J_K75

Legend
It's disingenuous IMHO to claim he's a bad actor he's even very good he's was just in a narrow range of movies or smaller ones.
In all fairness I didnt say he was a bad actor, never saw any of his work so I wouldnt know. I did say that the project seemed to be getting worse, but more from the direction the casting is going. The casting of actors Im unfamiliar with, from genres I dont normally care for is why I made the comment. For a movie thats languished for so long and now seams to be moving along quite quick makes me think it doesnt bode well. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

Remove ads

Remove ads