D&D Movie/TV Hugh Grant To Play Villain in the D&D Movie

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline. According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric. In recent...

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline.

According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric.

In recent years, Hugh Grant has played villains in Paddington 2, and The Undoing.

Hugh_Grant_in_2014.jpg

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Grants last three major roles were all villains. Phoenix Buchanan in Paddington 2, and Jeremy Thorpe in A Very English Scandal, and Jonathan Fraser in The Undoing. Even before he was cast in this role in interviews he was saying as he gets older he is more drawn to “revolting roles”. He hasn't been the rom-com guy for a while.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
No, see that derivative is good. DC derivative, not so good.
Derivative done right can be excellent.

Top Gun is a by-the-numbers stock action movie, right down to the main character being named for his defining characteristic - Maverick. It's stock, but it's very good stock.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Derivative done right can be excellent.

Top Gun is a by-the-numbers stock action movie, right down to the main character being named for his defining characteristic - Maverick. It's stock, but it's very good stock.
If you say so...

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
See any of his recent work. He's likely going to get an Emmy for his villainous role on his new HBO show.

And he's great in Paddington. (Yes, Paddington. There's no earthly reason those movies should be so good, but they're both stupendous.)
Well actually...

Grant's been playing cads for a good long time. Notting Hill was really the end of his shy/charming/inoffensive phase. After that, his well-regarded turns in Bridget Jones' Diary and About A Boy really showed that he can do British smarm quite well. And he's been doing that ever since.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I struggle with fandom sometimes with the consent sky is falling this sucks commentary.
You should try sports fandom some day if you want to see constant sky is falling this sucks commentary :) A team could win 50 out of 60 games, and those 10 losses are the end of the world each time, let's fire everyone and start over, this team is a disaster!

Oofta

Legend
My theory? This is actually a return to the old D&D cartoon with the kids as grownups.

Grant's playing Presto who, as we all know stayed behind when the rest of the group went home. His wife died of a minor infection because of the lack of antibiotics and now he blames his childhood friends!

Starts out he seems to be the old Presto until he tries to feed the group to Tiamat who has promised to resurrect his wife.

Zardnaar

Legend
You should try sports fandom some day if you want to see constant sky is falling this sucks commentary :) A team could win 50 out of 60 games, and those 10 losses are the end of the world each time, let's fire everyone and start over, this team is a disaster!

This you can win 95% of the time lose a game and it's the end if the world.

darjr

I crit!
I do wish news sites wouldn't spoil things like this. Now when I see him or hear his voice I'll know. and that kinda sucks.

Remove ads

Remove ads