D&D Movie/TV Hugh Grant To Play Villain in the D&D Movie

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline. According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric. In recent...

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline.

According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric.

In recent years, Hugh Grant has played villains in Paddington 2, and The Undoing.

Hugh_Grant_in_2014.jpg

darjr

I crit!
My theory? This is actually a return to the old D&D cartoon with the kids as grownups.

Grant's playing Presto who, as we all know stayed behind when the rest of the group went home. His wife died of a minor infection because of the lack of antibiotics and now he blames his childhood friends!

Starts out he seems to be the old Presto until he tries to feed the group to Tiamat who has promised to resurrect his wife.
Grant as Venger?

Markh3rd

Explorer
It's not who the actors/actresses are, as much as how well the script/story is written and the tone it goes for is accurately arrived at by the selected actors/actresses.

At least several of them have actually played D&D so they are familiar with the tropes. They just need a great script/story to bring to life.

Oofta

Legend
Grant as Venger?
There was a never-aired finale that showed that Venger was really Dungeon Master's son and actually turned his life around. You can watch the video here that someone put together based on a radio show that had the voice actors read the lines.

Besides I'm not sure even Grant could pull off that hat thing.

R_J_K75

Legend
I think the question is "if you've never seen any of his movies, what is it about his inclusion in the cast that automatically make this movie worse?"
Seemed pretty random casting to me based on the sole fact I've never seen any of his movies, and randomness isn't always a good thing. Its just my opinion. Sure the studio execs know better than I do. Guy could be the greatest thespian to ever walk the earth, who am I to say?

Remove ads

Remove ads