D&D Movie/TV Hugh Grant To Play Villain in the D&D Movie

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline.

According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric.

In recent years, Hugh Grant has played villains in Paddington 2, and The Undoing.

Hugh_Grant_in_2014.jpg

Sacrosanct

Legend
You blaspheme Ian McCellen and Christopher Lee again....

View attachment 133611

I think we're seeing a divide between Anglo and American movie fans.

Lee already earned several national awards in Britain prior to LotR 1, and more after that prior to the end of the series. He was basically as famous as an actor in England can be prior to joining any Hollywood films.

Never said they weren’t great actors. Never said they never did some great films. Never said they never got awards.

I DID say that at the time of casting for LotR, none of the main actors were considered A listers, and none had been the leading draw to blockbuster movies (what an A lister is defined as) in years. That’s a true statement.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
none had been the leading draw to blockbuster movies (what an A lister is defined as) in years. That’s a true statement.
Counterpoint - Jinnah was extraordinarily popular in non-North American English speaking nations. Again, the divide is as wide as the Atlantic Ocean and has little to do with Lee's star power and everything to do with anything else.

Zardnaar

Legend
I see a ton of hate here, but Hugh Grant has been outstanding in his recent work. This sounds like a win to me.

He's a good actor but being honest I don't think to many people get to excited about a movie with him in it.

By that I mean "yeah this movie has High Grant in it wow".

I'm sure he has his fans though. He's good but not that exciting.

Any movie he's in are you really seeing it because of him or is he just in it? He's a good actor though perhaps even excellent.

HJFudge

Explorer
He's a good actor but being honest I don't think to many people get to excited about a movie with him in it.

By that I mean "yeah this movie has High Grant in it wow".

I'm sure he has his fans though. He's good but not that exciting.

Any movie he's in are you really seeing it because of him or is he just in it? He's a good actor though perhaps even excellent.

I can't recall a single movie I have ever gone to see just because X actor/actress was in it. Maybe my movie going habits are not normal, however. /shrug!

Jaeger

That someone better
I do find it hilarious (and in keeping with Hollywood) that an older British man is going to be the villian.

Reminds me of the car commercial with Ben Kingsley a few years ago when the whole commercial was about that.

I don't know if he started the trend, but George Lucas intentionally did it in the original Star Wars trilogy.

He purposefully hired all British actors for the imperial military speaking parts. So that they sounded different than anyone on the Rebel Alliance other than Kenobi. (Alec Guinness was considered a catch as an actor so an exception was made...)

Zardnaar

Legend
I can't recall a single movie I have ever gone to see just because X actor/actress was in it. Maybe my movie going habits are not normal, however. /shrug!

Not in recent years but once upon a time when young anything with Arnold in it was good. Then Last Action Hero happened.

Sean Connery was another.

Any 80's action hero star (assuming you liked action movies).

Tom Cruise usually a safe bet there for a while.

Etc.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases