D&D Movie/TV Hugh Grant To Play Villain in the D&D Movie

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline. According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric. In recent...

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline.

According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric.

In recent years, Hugh Grant has played villains in Paddington 2, and The Undoing.

Hugh_Grant_in_2014.jpg

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
The more I see this movie, the more I think it's going to be like Jumanji or something, when people are sucked into a game of D&D and need to play their characters to "Save the world and escape."
This would have worked well until Jumanji came along and ate its lunch. Now, it has to be as good or better or else its a derivative piece of crap.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
This would have worked well until Jumanji came along and ate its lunch. Now, it has to be as good or better or else its a derivative piece of crap.

People like derivative stuff. Why do you think there are 23 Marvel movies?

He played it very well and got the balance between charming and being a douche right in Brigit Jones too. Like-able but clearly a bad guy.
It comes natural to him.

Probably the most typecast guy in film, right after Jason Biggs who constantly gets cast as the same 'nerdy awkward Jewish virgin' he played in American Pie despite being Italian.

That said some of the best actors broke typecast by portraying villain's. Keanu Reeves was pretty confronting as a wife beating redneck once, and Robin Williams was downright creepy AF in 1 Hour Photo and a murderer in Insomnia.

Harrison Ford was pretty dope as a dude that murdered his mistress and then tried to kill his wife to cover it up as well.

Hugh Grant has mixed it up a lot of late, breaking away from the 'charming bumbling English everyman' and 'basically the same guy, but an utter naughty word' into some very different roles.

Wouldnt have been my first choice, but here we are.

The cast for the DnD movie seems fine, but no actor can do well if given a terrible script and direction.

I'm neither joyed nor disappointed with the announced director/writer team since they've worked on some decent projects, but it's hard to say how their previous experience will mesh with whatever concept they might be going with in the DnD movie (there are so many possible directions). My verdict for this is "let's see what the trailers reveal" before starting assessment.

nobody saw Heath Ledger as an awesome joker until it happened. nobody saw Chris Pratt as the next action super hero . never realized while watching Friday night lights that Michael B Jordan would be a superstar . Always wanted Olivia Munn to be a super star when watching her review video games but didn't imagine it . Same with the Rock

never pictured Kathryn Hawn as a good villain
never pictured a kid from goonies to be Sam from LOTR or Rudy etc
Never pictured the Big Show or Joe Manganiello being huge D&D players
Never pictured Luke Skywalker in 1977 to be the best animated Joker ever

We are supposed to be the community of imagination!!!!!!
there are/were no a list acttrs on stranger things or Schitts creek or walking dead or Mash at the time etc etc etc
the hooker comment is silly

It comes down to script/directing etc. We should be jumping up and down right now that even b/C type Hollywood is signing onto this

Remove ads

Remove ads