D&D Movie/TV Hugh Grant To Play Villain in the D&D Movie

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline. According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric. In recent...

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline.

According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric.

In recent years, Hugh Grant has played villains in Paddington 2, and The Undoing.

Hugh_Grant_in_2014.jpg

R_J_K75

Legend
The reason this whole "argument" is kind of silly -

Anyone who's a big enough D&D fan to be posting on this board - will see the movie regardless. The studio basically already has our money - so could care less what we think!
You are mostly likely correct. Depending on the circumstances of the world when it comes out I may see it, time will tell. Im trying to recall when this movies was announced before the lawsuit, 2012ish maybe; I might be dead by the time it comes out if its another 10 years.

Rikka66

Adventurer
Heath ledger played in several different genres before batman. I dont think anyone thought he was a flat out bad choice for the joker.
There were people who thought he was a flat out bad choice for the Joker.

I did say that the project seemed to be getting worse, but more from the direction the casting is going. The casting of actors Im unfamiliar with, from genres I dont normally care for is why I made the comment.
I'm curious to know what actors they could cast that would inspire confidence for the movie in you.

Technoloid

Villager
My whole concern was that hugh grant was typically cast in romance and drama movies. I'm concerned that he may not portray a successful villain.

Did anybody say Hugh Grant was a bad actor? NO
Did anybody say anything negative about him whatsoever? NO

Apparently some people need to put their personal feelings aside and let people have an open and fair discussion about this without having thier personal feelings for Mr. Grant get in the way.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
My whole concern was that hugh grant was typically cast in romance and drama movies. I'm concerned that he may not portray a successful villain.

Apparently some people need to put their personal feelings aside and let people have an open and fair discussion about this without having thier personal feelings for Mr. Grant get in the way.
"Typically cast" is still a preconceived notion, hardly the stuff of open and fair discussions.

R_J_K75

Legend
I'm curious to know what actors they could cast that would inspire confidence for the movie in you.
I have no confidence in this movie. Casting Hugh Grant says to me the person the studio really wanted didnt want the part. There I said it. Maybe...John Gielgud wouldve made a good villain, but you know the whole being dead thing kinda puts a damper on that. As @Mort said this argument isnt even worth having.

Mort

Legend
Supporter

But he already HAS portrayed a successful villain - in more than 1 movie.

Seriously, your position can't both be "I haven't seen him in much of anything" AND "I can't take him seriously as a villain." Now if you saw him in one of his villainous roles and didn't like it - totally different thing.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
I remember the huge backlash when Tom Cruise was cast in Interview with a Vampire. It was the same cries of Cruise can't be villainous. Regardless of your opinion of the movie, he nailed the role.

I'd be far more concerned with the script. These games, toys, video games, etc. to movies are usually weak.

The guys they got to write it have a solid track record, which while not dispositive, isn't nothing.

And as someone else mentioned above, the studio loves the script and is fast tracking it. Which again, isn't everything - but it's not a bad sign.

Remove ads

Remove ads