• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hybrid-Warlock vestige pact

Fersus

First Post
Hi Folks!

I hope you can help me on this one:

If i create a Hybrid charakter including the Warlock, i normaly dont get the pactboon (unless i take it by choosing the feat, but i decided not to).
If i choose the vestige pact and take a Daily Power which grants access to a temporary vestigepact including the corresponding pact boon.
do i get access to that temporary boon, or do i get this boon only when i took the feat to get the primary pact boon as well?

Ryujin

Legend
That's a good question. It specifically states that you qualify as that Pact for prerequisites and can use power benefits that apply to that Pact, so I would say yes.

chitzk0i

Explorer
If you do not have the vestige pact class feature, you do not ever have an active vestige, so you cannot switch to the daily power vestige to use its features.

Ryujin

Legend
It doesn't sound game breaking to permit "temporary access" to a Vestige, by using a Daily. As i said, it specifically states that you qualify for the power benefits that are attendant to the Pact that you are a member of.

chitzk0i

Explorer
It doesn't sound game breaking to permit "temporary access" to a Vestige, by using a Daily. As i said, it specifically states that you qualify for the power benefits that are attendant to the Pact that you are a member of.

Hmm. By the wording of the hybrid pact, you gain the benefit of the pact except for "the pact boon and the at-will power." So it seems that you actually can bind the primary vestiges and can switch to daily power vestiges. However, the Pact Boon sub-feature references your active vestige, so if you don't have a Pact Boon feature, you don't gain it from a daily power.

Last edited:

My recollection of the various discussions of this on Q&A is that since you don't have a Pact Boon you obviously can't get the specific vestige pact boon benefits (that is you can GET them, but you will never be able to actually use them). Since you don't get Eyes of the Vestige you really don't have a use for the EotV augment either (though if you CAN get that at-will somehow, then you would get access to these). Since you DO have a pact however, you do have an active vestige.

Remove ads