(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 1

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
A spasm of anger passed across the thief's haggard face at the mention of retreat. Once again, vengeance would need to wait. Sighing, Jack turned his attention to the stupefied ogres while projecting to the others ~think we have time to take them out?~

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
Bible looks disappointed at having failed to find her halfling friend before it seemed they would be driven from the giants' lair. She warily eyes the steading from which she expects another barrage of giants to emerge at any moment and considers downing another potion before it's too late.

She moves around to the left of the incapacitated ogres towards the door of the outbuilding, thinking out loud to the others, ~I'll jus' take a quick look in the shed to see if me sweet Corbit is bein' kept prisikner or if she's well an' truly done for as I had feared, an' then we can go. No senske in us all gettin' killed.~

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
~<I still have a few of my best tricks if they come out. But after that I have nothing.>~

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Bible dashed into the outbuilding, hoping to find poor Corbitt. The building was dominated by the ogre barracks - ten smelly straw mats under a twenty foot ceiling. Spikes were driven into the log walls, upon which hung cloaks, armor, spears, and other giant-sized tools. A second room to Bible's left was more lavish, and must have belonged to the houndsman. A wool mat by the fireplace must have belonged to his favorite dire wolf. In front of that was a comfortable chair. A bed was in the far north-west corner.

What caught Bible's eye, though, was a curtained closet. Bigger than the main room of the house that she'd grown up in.

OOC: I assume that Bible will want to check the closet?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Bible's feelings were mixed by what she found in the closet. While there was no Corbitt, there was a large chest at the back, hidden behind hanging fur cloaks, old shirts, and giant-sized boots.

Blue

A bit sheepishly Eoghan amended over the mental link: ~<But if I do need to pull out my best tricks, I would have to drop the beguilement on the ogres. Can you kill them - one at a time - please?>~

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Nodding at the bard's request, Jack moves rather cautiously up to one of the affected ogres as Bible slips into the large outbuilding. Looking more closely, he notes the ogre is not defenseless - it seems at least somewhat aware of its surroundings, and can likely defend itself from attack. ~This may not be as easy as we thought,~ he thinks back to Eoghan. ~I might be able to take out some of the wounded ones with a swift strike, but would need someone to help distract them.~ He then walks to the door that Bible walked through to watch her back.

OOC: So Hypnotic Pattern only grants the incapacitated condition, which means no advantage on attacks (thus no sneak attack). We might just want to leave these guys for now and move on once Bible is done.

Blue

OOC: Yeah, it would be more like everyone gathering around one and hitting it until down, and then repeating. It only lasts a minute and there are four of them, so it needs to be done sooner rather than later if it's going to happen at all. Any damage will break them out.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As Jack passed one of the ogres, she pointed, as if she wanted to see if Jack could see the pretty colors too. When he moved off to the outbuilding, she grunted and began to swat a hand at nothing in the night air over her head.

Remove ads