(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Steading East Wing
G2EastWing8.jpg

(General Features) Difficult Terrain: Beds; Visibility: Dim (Low Braziers, Fires); Cover: Walls; Spells: Wall of Fire (Elongated Flame);
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells (Etc) * (Notes)
(PCs)
Colonel AC19* HP 0/66 THP 0/13 HD 9/9 PP19* SSdc18 3/4 0/3 3/3 1/3 1/1 CD 2/2 WotS 4/5 MyS 0/1 (dying)
Doc AC14 HP 64/84 THP 0/13 HD 9/9 PP20 SSdc16 1/2 Wls 0/4 Crs 1/1 PL 4/4 Wsp 1/1
Duvrael AC12(15) HP 17/56 THP 0/13 HD 9/9 PP15* SSdc17 2/4 0/3 2/3 0/3 0/1
Gimlak AC17 HP 62/68 THP 0/13 HD 9/9 PP12* SSdc17 4/4 2/3 3/3 1/3 1/1 SP 6/12
Kahru AC15 HP 33/83 HD 9/9 THP 0/13 PP16 SSdc14 3/4 2/3 1/3 WS 0/2 Rg 2/3 Stf 5/7
-Kahru-Bear AC12 HP 0/42
Kaligan AC18* HP 30/76 THP 0/13 HD 9/9 PP14 PD 8/8 DT 1/1 TK 1/1 AS 1/1 2W 1/1 ID 1/1
(NPCs)
Donnell AC19* HP29/29 THP 0/13 HD 4/4 AS 1/1 2W 0/1
Hiss AC13 HP 2/2 PP10* ts10'
Orcs AC11 HP15ea PP10* (dead)
Name * AC * HP * PP * (Notes)
(BGs)
HG Chief (Nosnra) AC14 HP (dead)
HG Chieftess (Grutha) AC14 HP 44/136 PP14 (sv -3)
Hill Giants AC13 HP105ea PP12
-HG2 0/105 (dead); HG3 0/105 (dead);
Young Hill Giant AC12 HP42ea PP10
-YHG1 0/42 (dead); YHG2 0/42 (dead); YHG3 42/42;
-YHG6 0/42 (dead); YHG7 14/42; YHG8 42/42; YHG9 6/42;
Hill Giant Schlubs AC13 HP59ea PP8
-HGS2 0/59 (dead); HGS3 59/59
GM: End Round Seven; Begin Round Eight
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Gimlak sees the fleeing giants, and want to prevent them from warning others. He moves to get a better view of his targets, tries to telekinetically pull one closer and silently summons tentacles from the void to restrain them.


OOC: move: to BC 46

Bonus action: telekinetic pull on yhg7, DC 16 str save or be pulled back 5 ft

action, psionically cast black tentacles centered on BB66. DC17 dex save or restrained and 12 bludgeoning damage. Creatures restrained and in the area starting their turns take another 12 bludgeoning damage

Reaction: shield or absorb elements, tbd

Concentrating on black tentacles, note that Yhg2 stops laughing
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Duvrael takes a few steps to the right and, around the corner, points his staff at the hill giant chieftess. A few arcane phrases and a mote of fire spits forth from the end, moving slightly faster towards the grieving widow.

Instead of exploding in a huge ball of flames, the mote instead just burns hotly into her massive side.

OOC: Duvrael moves to get line of sight, casts the cantrip Firebolt at Grutha, then moves back out of sight.

Firebolt: 2D20.HIGH(1)+9 = [5, 4]+9 = 14 (hit)
2D10 = [1, 10] = 11 fire damage
 

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Duvrael sent a burst of fire at the chieftess, and she let go of the chief's head and rose to her feet in furious anger. She reached for her club, but Kaligan leaped over a pile of giant bodies and dug his humming sword into her flesh. Her eyes widened and she fell, landing on top of her husband's corpse in an enormous pile.

OOC: Duvrael & Kaligan killed the chieftess. I'll be back for Gimlak's tentacles.
 

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Supporter
Doc sees that the tide of combat is turning, but still feels the insistent pull of his patron driving him forward, eager for the return of more tainted souls to his eternal jail.

He moves swiftly toward the retreating rustlers, and when he is in better range lets loose a shot that fells one of them, and another that solidly hits one of the yellow-bellied cowards. Same everywhere; bullies dish it out but can't take it.

OOC:
Bonus Action: Doc dashes (cunning action) for 2x move.
Doc moves to BB59

First shot YHG7: 1D20+9 = [19]+9 = 28
1D10+5 = [9]+5 = 14
14 damage to YHG7. HO!

Second shot YHG8: 1D20+9 = [11]+9 = 20
1D10+5 = [1]+5 = 6

Piercer reroll: 1D10+5 = [9]+5 = 14

14 damage to YHG8.


EDIT- just realized tentacles might have killed the first target; if so, please send a bullet toward YHG9. :)
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Gimlak shifted space in the south, and a rift appeared. From out of it, black tentacles reached out for the fleeing giant youths. They wrapped around them, choking and pulling at them. One was nearly far enough away to avoid them. A tentacle wrapped around his leg, but he was able to stomp at it and pull himself free. That youth and the remaining adult fled into a south-going hallway.

Doc ran forward, stopping just south of the burned fur drapery that had once been the door for the side-chamber there. He pointed his pistol and shot a youth (who had spent most of the fight laughing on the floor), killing her. Then he shot the youth that had been carrying her toward safety, who struggled with the tentacles, held fast.

The last giant youth, who had been left behind laughing on the floor, climbed to his feet. He looked about as if he barely understood what was going on, and he picked up a hunk of wood from the woodpile and flung it at Doc, where it bounced off the wall above his head.

OOC: Gimlak did 12 & restrained YHG3, 7 & 8. YHG3 escaped. Doc killed YHG7 & did 14 to YHG8. YHG9 missed Doc. Just @Tonguez Kahru to go. (Colonel will probably need to roll a death save, too!)
 

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Gimlak moved closer to the surviving giant and calmly telepathically says “On your knees and hands in the air, and you may yet live another day. Tell me, where are the dwarves?

OOC: move to 30 ft of the giant

persuasion: 25

action: none
Bonus action: telepathic speech

Concentration on the tentacles is maintained
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
move to 30 ft of the giant
OOC: We can go with that soon, but we haven't quite dropped out of rounds yet. You've gone this round, and it'll take Gimlak a few moves to get that far. Giant is 80 ft. away and LOTs of difficult terrain between the two. I'll start moving him forward this round, though.


Gimlak began to work his way across the room, climbing over the bed and the bodies of two giants.
 

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: We can go with that soon, but we haven't quite dropped out of rounds yet. You've gone this round, and it'll take Gimlak a few moves to get that far. Giant is 80 ft. away and LOTs of difficult terrain between the two. I'll start moving him forward this round, though.


Gimlak began to work his way across the room, climbing over the bed and the bodies of two giants.
OOC: Gimlak can shout instead of talking telepathically. I thought the remaining giant was closer, sorry!
 

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Top