• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The young giant had no idea what Doc's pistol was: Was it some sort of magic wand? (He didn't know much about those either.) But he'd seen it punch holes in his kin - including the sister that he'd been carrying not long before. He'd heard it's dull thud and the ghostly cries that often came with them. It completely unnerved him.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Gimlak moved closer to the surviving giant and calmly telepathically says “On your knees and hands in the air, and you may yet live another day. Tell me, where are the dwarves?

OOC: move to 30 ft of the giant

persuasion: 25

action: none
Bonus action: telepathic speech

Concentration on the tentacles is maintained

Gimlack presses the question he asked before "Do not ignore me giant! Where are the Dwarves?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Dwarves?" asked the first young giant as if it was very hard to think with multiple questions and demands at the same time, "I dunno. Are dey slaves or food? Slaves work in da cellars. Food gets eattun."

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
"Did we lose anyone?" is the first question asked when his eyes can focus once again. This is followed quickly by "Thank you."
No, a few bruises but most seem fine, it seems you took the hardest blow” Kahru replied when the Colonel recovered and he helped him to his feet.
your squire Donnel killed the chief, so I plan to chop off the giants head and give Donnel the first claim on it.

I think its wise to get out of here, back to the gate and head back to camp, deliver the news and rest before trying to take on any more of these killers

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Mmm. Good for the boy. Hope it won't make him cocky." The Colonel accepts the hand and rises.

"Anyone else with injuries need tending?" he asks aloud. Surveying the carnage, he adds, "Regrouping may make sense, but we should check the chief's room before we leave. We were lucky to catch them when we did."

He looks around, and considers setting the place alight before they leave as well. "Most of this would burn pretty well, I suspect, even if the giants in the tower catch it quick."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Da cellars?" asked the giant, worried that he was trying the dwarf's patience, but dumb enough to not know how to do any better, "Why, dey down da stairs, uv corse."

His eyes grew wide as he slowly realised that his answers were annoying his questioners. He added, as if the thought was a brilliant one, "Da stairs! Da stairs be near da kitchun!"

OOC: Okay, two places you should probably search: 1) Chief's room; 2) Sky Giant's Room? (room to the south). Who wants to do what? Time might well be limited.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
A quick Healing Word on himself, as the Colonel enters the chief's room.

OOC: HP 6+(1d4+5=6)= 12/66 HP.
Spells left: 2, 0, 3, 1, 1.
With ten minutes, he would cast Prayer of Healing at level 3, but not right now.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
After soothing his pain with a word of prayer, the Colonel entered the chief's bedchamber - a room dominated by an immense, sunken bed. Fur blankets were thrown to the floor, which also had a bearskin rug. The fire was down to embers and the room was otherwise unlighted, but the Colonel had no trouble making out two large chests to the left of the door.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Watching the Colonel rise in strength and head towards the chiefs room, the Druid-Barbarian looked about to the closed curtain that still hung on the southern wall. He had overheard the captured giant talking of a Sky giant - a bad ally, who was happy to abandoned them and who might thus be willing to talk rather than fight.

Heading over Kahru could see that Gimlaks tentacles still held the door, nonetheless he knew some of the giants had fled that way and no doubt would soon raise the alarm, spreading news of their kings slaying. Best then to take the kings head now and be ready to deploy the trophy of it could assist any future attempt at intimidation or parlay.

With that he took his axe and returning to the Hill giant chieftains carcass, chopped down into the flabby neck...

Remove ads