(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
After hearing about the wolves from Duvrael, the Colonel's idea and the other possibilities that he has gone over in his own mind, Kaligan says, "I think the best option is to go up onto the roof and try to find a way inside from above." Kaligan then grows silent as his thoughts go over scenarios. Those looking at him can see his eyes moving as he plays those scenarios out in his head. "Nightfall. The giants grow full on their stolen goods, and drunk on stolen wine. Tonight they will sleep deeply and the chimney to the kitchen will grow cold. We can enter that way and most will be deep on slumber. That is when we should strike."

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Doc listens to the others impassively, weighing the options. After hearing Kaligan speak, he nods slightly toward him.

Figure comin' in from the top works.

OOC:
So, someone (Colonel?) want to go up and drop the rope? Seems like the rooftop attack might be the way forward.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Kaligan says, "I can attain the roof easily if that is what we decide. If someone has a rope, I will lower it down."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The colonel approves of the plan. If Kaligan can access the roof easily, the Colonel lets him do so. He's happy to be directed as needed.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
To avoid the wolves, who were the only viewers with the potential to spot them that they could discern, Kaligan figured that the best route would be up the nearby chimney, along the roof's peak (staying below the north side to avoid the view of the watchtower) and to settle between the main steading's roof and the roof of the kitchen.

Kahru was already climbing, and the big northman hauled himself up onto the thatch in the crook of the chimney.

G2SteadRoof0.jpg

OOC: I'll take a dc12 athletics check to climb. You slowly make it up even if you fail, but a complication might arise on a failure.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Kaligan doesn't climb well so he prepares himself mentally, reenforcing his body with telekinetic energy and strengthening his legs with the same. If someone hands him a rope, he takes it. He then crouches low and leaps high onto the build, landing lightly on the roof where he waits for Kahru to finish his climb.

OOC: I'm using Psi-Powered Leap. It gives me a fly speed of 60 for 1 round.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: That oughtta do it. Roof is 25 feet up in this corner. You can even run around the chimney to tie the rope off before your movement ends. Drop the rope down the right-angle between chimney and wall and everyone gets advantage on the athletics check.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Doc saw Kaligan glancing around. He pulled out his rope and handed it to him.

Works as good for climbin' as it does for hangin'.

As Kaligan jumps up onto the roof, Doc lets the souls within him rise up, feeling their pain, their anguish, and ... there. He feels the pain of a life cut short ... the yearning because a young woman loved to swim and was now trapped in the netherrealms. That would do. He let her soul suffuse and invigorate him, the memories and pain flooding through him.

When the rope drops, Doc lithely scrambles up it, with a newfound precision in his movements.

OOC:
Doc is now proficient in ATHLETICS until the next short rest, and then can choose a new one. (Whispers from the Grave)

Athletics check with advantage: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25
1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
From his new vantage of the roof, Doc could see the dire wolves. These were much bigger wolves than he had ever seen - the size of a horse - but at least, unlike the wolves he was used to on the Mad Mesa, they didn't appear to be vampiric. He could feel the pull of his gun in its holster. These wolves needed killin' - but he let that notion abide. There would be a time for it later. He hunkered down out of their view before they spotted him, though their heads were down, mauling their scraps.

Remove ads