(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2


log in or register to remove this ad

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Duvrael disappeared and his snake slithered under a table. The Colonel and Donnell began to move past the two orcs who were cowering near the woodpile. Doors were open now, and giants were stirring.

GM: Encounter: Steading Kitchen & Servant's Mess Hall
G2Kitchen2.jpg

(General Features) Difficult Terrain: None; Visibility: Dim (Dusk); Cover: Walls
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells (Etc) * (Notes)
(PCs)
Colonel AC19* HP 66/66 THP 2/13 HD 9/9 PP19* SSdc18 4/4 3/3 3/3 3/3 1/1 CD 2/2
Doc AC14 HP 84/84 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP20 SSdc16 2/2 Wls 4/4 Crs 1/1 PL 4/4 Wsp 1/1
Duvrael AC12(15) HP 56/56 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP15* SSdc17 3/4 1/3 3/3 3/3 1/1
Gimlak AC17 HP 68/68 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP12* SSdc17 4/4 3/3 3/3 3/3 1/1 SP 8/12
Kahru AC15 HP 83/83 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP16 SSdc14 4/4 3/3 3/3 WS 2/2 Rg 3/3 Stf 5/7
Kaligan AC18* HP 76/76 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP14 PD 8/8 DT 1/1 TK 1/1 AS 1/1 2W 1/1 ID 1/1
(NPCs)
Donnell AC19* HP29/29 THP 13/13 HD 4/4 AS 1/1 2W 1/1
Hiss AC13 HP 2/2 PP10* ts10'
Name * AC * HP * PP * (Notes)
(BGs - Kitchen)
HG Chef AC13 HP 125/125 PP12
Hill Giant Schlub1 AC11 HP59ea PP8
Orcs AC11 HP15ea PP10*
O1 15/15; O2 6/15; O3 2/15 (blind); O4 5/15 (blind);
O5 8/15; O6 0/15 (dead); O7 15/15 (surrendered); O8 15/15 (surrendered);
O9 15/15; O10 (dead); O11 (dead); O12 (dead);
(BGs - Servant's Mess)
Hill Giant Schlub AC11 HP59ea PP8
HGS2 59/59; HGS3 59/59
Orogs AC12 HP42ea PP10*
Orog1 42/42; Orog2 42/42; Orog3 42/42
GM: End Round One; Begin Round Two


OOC: Kaligan has gone for round 2, which is reflected in the dead orc by him. I will describe next. Wait for round 3, now @Maxperson !
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Though wounded by Doc, an orc was heading for the south door, holding a large knife. Kaligan headed it off - it swiped the knife at Kaligan, who side-stepped and cut it down without mercy.

OOC: Orc6 missed Kaligan, who killed it. (This is reflected in the map above).
 

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
There was no fun in slaughtering orcs, and it seemed unwise to waste effort on kitchen hands when they had come for giants.. But Kahru’s companions had chosen violence first instead of trying to get more information.

Kahru pulled his handaxe from his hip, standing menacingly above the two cowering orcs by the wall then looked north to the door the escapees were fleeing to.

The druid focussed on the dire wolves he had seen outside and conjured two them into the open doorway, “none escapes!” he echoed the Colonels call as he issued commands to the animals “knock them down and bring them back, live

with the spell cast he then barked down at the intimidated orcs “stay down, how many giants here?

OOC: Cast Conjure Animals = 2 Beasts of CR 1 (I’m assuming I havent seen the giant schlub yet)
Standing by the orcs I intimidated earlier
6AE3F41F-1B57-40CF-928B-B11582ACBC64.jpeg

 
Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Its now obvious to Gimlak that the remaining orcs must be prevented from opening additional doors and alerting giants. He sees that an orc left the darkness, and grumble a bit as he strikes it with his mind.

OOC: action: cast Mind Sliver on Orc 5, Intelligence save DC 17 or 4 psychic damage, and subtract 1 from the next saving throw it makes before the end of your next turn.
bonus action: Telekinetic shove (from telekinetic feat) - orc 5 will be pulled 5ft towards gimlak (hoping to have him touch the darkness) - Strength save dc 16
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Kahru summoned dire wolves, who appeared and began toying with the orcs who were escaping northward. They grabbed them and shook, but were not trying to kill. Kahru's wolves were lighter in colour than the ones outside - as if they had a light grey winter pelt. One of the orcs managed to kick hard at the wolf's nose, while the other orc was tossed on the ground.

Gimlak saw that one of the orcs that had escaped his swirling darkness had found his wits and was about to head for the door to the courtyard. There was a gaint, and a number of enormous wolves out there, Gimlak knew, so he attacked the orc's mind. Maybe it was the terror, or perhaps the stupidity, but the orc resisted him. So he reached out with his mind and pulled the orc back into the darkness, where unmentionable creatures consumed him, to the sound of gnashing teeth.

OOC: Orc5 almost got away, but was pulled into the HoH and eaten (as were the other two in there). Orcs and summoned dire wolves exchanged some damage. Still a couple of people to go! (Doc, Colonel, & Duvrael) Everyone esle wait for the roller!


 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The Colonel moves in hopes of keeping the doors shut, but he sees that two orcs have already reached the doors and open them. He curses. Perhaps, though, if they can clear away the two orcs, the doors can be shut before others come through.

With a twist of his wrist, he pulls fire down on one of the orcs. "Get the other one," the Colonel grunts to Donnell, dogging his heels.

Meanwhile, Donnell follows him (and attacks Orc 1?).

OOC: Move 35' to R31 (if you accept 1 diagonal over 35')
Bonus: Misty step 30' to W29. (I wanted to hit W28, but that might be pushing it with the diagonals)
Action: Sacred Flame on Orc 2: DC 18 dex save or 3d8=10 radiant damage (killing him).

Reaction ready if Orc 1 moves.

If the door can be closed, the colonel wants to close the door.

HP: 55/66. Spells left: 4, 2, 3, 3, 1.
And yes, I could have cast feather fall to avoid the damage, but the double 1 suggests it wouldn't have happened.
 

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
you might get bit, you get too close” Kahru warned the squire away from the prone orc and the large menacing wolf that was looming over the top of it, should it try to escape.
And look to your right old man he continued addressing the colonel and anyone else in earshot.
The Barbarian could see that the Colonel was heading towards the door but was also mindful of the commotion in the corner and the two giant shapes emerging from the shadows there…
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Colonel and Donnel crossed the room, and the Colonel shifted into a wind that blew past Kahru's dogs to the doorway, where he called flame down on a fleeing orc. Shockingly, the orc dove under the table, and was spared. The Colonel could see two giants and three very tall orcs (orogs) that were getting up from sleeping pallets and gathering weapons. He made to shut the doors, but they were very heavy and would take all his efforts to close. (ooc: an action!)

Then there was a shriek from the small (by giant standards) room at the back of the kitchen, and a giantess called out (in giant): ::EEK! Da kichun is infested with smalls! Killum, Husband! Kullum dead!::

A bald hill giant with bad teeth peeked out, wearing nothing but a heavy leather apron he had hastily donned, improperly tied at the back. He saw small-folk coming out of the fireplace and his face went dark and red. ::Nod in my kichen! You smallies godda die!::

He rushed across the room, vaulted the central table, while grabbing a two-foot-square cleaver off an enormous knife-rack. As he came, his shoulder brushed through Gimlak's darkness, and something left teethmarks in his bare shoulder. ::AH! It bided me! Now yoo really gonna hurd!::

While leaping the table, the giant knocked pots, pans, and a heavy stone mortar-and-pestle to the ground. Unfortunately for Donnell, he was the closest target of the giant's wrath. He held up his shield as the giant hacked into it, but it only stopped one blow before the second chopped a big notch into the shield, and nearly taking the lad's shoulder. The lad bravely stood and stabbed at the giant with his rapier, scratching his tattooed arm.

OOC: Orc2 saved vs Sacred Flame; Giant Chef did 21 to Donnel, who did 9 back and 2nd Winded for 10 healing (leaving him still at full, what with Gimlak's 13 THP.) DWolf1 missed the chef with an OA, but HoH did 9 to him. Doc and Duvrael to go. Giant Chef is right in the middle of the room.


 
Last edited:


FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Sure. I usually post maps with the round-roller, but I recognize that things have changed a bit since the last one. Here's a map at the start of Doc and Duvrael's turns (who are the only ones left to go). Grey pac-man shape is Hunger of Hadar. There's another Schlub off the map to the north (and an orc hiding under a table up there).

G2Kitchen2ish.jpg
 

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Doc appreciates the quickness and vicious dispatch of his companion, Kaligan. There's one that has unyielding justice on his mind. Kaligan seems to have things well in hand, so Doc begins to focus the wrath of the hatred within him on that towering blackhat as he walks stridently toward him.

As Doc reaches position he carefully aims his Peacemaker at the Hill Giant Chief and fires twice.

OOC:
(Sorry, I was out for the weekend)
Doc moves to M37.
Bonus Action- Doc recfocuses HEX on Hill Giant Chief.

Action- Doc shoots twice at Hill Giant Chief.
First shot, sneak attack (target engaged), hex: 1D20+9 = [19]+9 = 28
1D10+5 = [8]+5 = 13
2D6 = [1, 2] = 3
1D6 = [2] = 2

28 to hit, 18 damage.

Second shot, hex: 1D20+9 = [3]+9 = 12
1D10+5 = [3]+5 = 8
1D6 = [6] = 6

(Second shot reroll d10 damage if hit is successful)
Second shot piercer reroll: 1D10+5 = [2]+5 = 7

12 to hit, 13 damage.


ETA-

As Doc shoots the Tall Rustler, he sends a tortured soul on the haunted bullet, which launches itself into a nearby orc and burrows within.

OOC:
Wails from the grave-
Orc at S29 takes
Wails necrotic: 1D6 = [3] = 3

damage.

Doc AC14 HP 84/84 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP20 SSdc16 1/2 Wls 3/4 Crs 1/1 PL 4/4 Wsp 1/1
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ah, the rush of battle! Duvrael smiles as he, invisibly, watches allies and enemies going for each other's throats in an explosion of violence and blood, while he quietly saunders between the warriors.

The orcs are a nuisance, and not for a moment does the yuan ti wizard worry about his companions' ability to stop them. No, the real trouble are the giants, and here they come now; a big brute with a cleaver sharper than its intellect can ever hope to be. A good candidate for a fireball, or perhaps that clever enemies abound spell he found in the late Master Gyrwin's spellbook at the library?

Looking for a good aim and finding none, however, Duvrael does not pay as much attention to his surroundings. He inadvertently knocks over a giant fire poker, which clangs loudly as it falls to the ground. Now rushing, there is the sound of hurried footsteps as Duvrael sprints towards the north wall, hoping to reach the chamber beyond for a fiery surprise to the occupants.

OOC: Move and Dash directly north, ending at K-33. Still invisible while concentrating.

Stealth roll: 1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3
Natural 1... :(
 

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus

OOC: Athletics 1d20+6=7 (fumble). Stealth 1d20+0=1 (fumble). Too funny. I'll not take a first turn until we see the results of this. I'm happy to describe it if you prefer.

OOC: Move and Dash directly north, ending at K-33. Still invisible while concentrating.

Stealth roll: 1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3
Natural 1... :(

OOC: And the price for @Snarf Zagyg's 20s is paid. :p
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Doc stepped out of the fireplace and strode forth, firing his gun at the giant. Though his bullets were magical in nature, they behaved like bullets: One struck the giant just over his eyebrow, and the bullet grazed off, leaving a bloody welt. The second hit a metal utensil tucked in a pocket of the giant's leather apron. This one made a lout ping! and careened off with a spark. A ghostly apparition appeared and flew into an orc, who was struggling with one of the wolves, and his eyes went wide in pain and panick.

Duvrael invisibly (though not stealthily) crossed the room. When he got to the northern wood-pile, it was evident that the two surrendered orcs there knew that some invisible thing was nearby them. However, they had know idea what it was, and they cowered from it, so far still acting as obedient non-combatants.

Inside the little bed-room, the cook's wife rummaged under her bed and produced a few rocks about the size of a man's head. She held them under one arm while she threw one at the Colonel, yelling (in giant) ::I'd squash yoo ugly smallie, but the stains won't evah come out! Git! Git oudda here!"

The rock struck the Colonel squarely, and almost bowled him over.

OOC: Doc did 18 to HG Chef and 3 to Orc9; HG Schlub (wife) did 13 to Colonel

 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Steading Kitchen & Servant's Mess Hall
G2Kitchen3.jpg

(General Features) Difficult Terrain: Tables, Barrels; Visibility: Dim (Braziers); Cover: Tables
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells (Etc) * (Notes)
(PCs)
Colonel AC19* HP 55/66 THP 0/13 HD 9/9 PP19* SSdc18 4/4 3/3 3/3 3/3 1/1 CD 2/2
Doc AC14 HP 84/84 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP20 SSdc16 1/2 Wls 3/4 Crs 1/1 PL 4/4 Wsp 1/1
Duvrael AC12(15) HP 56/56 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP15* SSdc17 3/4 1/3 3/3 3/3 1/1
Gimlak AC17 HP 68/68 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP12* SSdc17 4/4 3/3 3/3 3/3 1/1 SP 8/12
Kahru AC15 HP 83/83 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP16 SSdc14 4/4 3/3 3/3 WS 2/2 Rg 3/3 Stf 5/7
Kaligan AC18* HP 76/76 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP14 PD 8/8 DT 1/1 TK 1/1 AS 1/1 2W 1/1 ID 1/1
(NPCs)
Donnell AC19* HP29/29 THP 0/13 HD 4/4 AS 1/1 2W 1/1
Hiss AC13 HP 2/2 PP10* ts10'
DireWolf1 HP 33/37
DireWolf2 HP 37/37
Name * AC * HP * PP * (Notes)
(BGs - Kitchen)
HG Chef AC13 HP 89/125 PP12
HGS1 (Wife) AC11 HP 59/59 PP8
Orcs AC11 HP15ea PP10*
-O1 1/15; O2 6/15; O3 0/15 (dead); O4 0/15 (dead);
-O5 8/15; O6 0/15 (dead); O7 15/15 (surrendered); O8 15/15 (surrendered);
-O9 5/15; O10 (dead); O11 (dead); O12 (dead);
(BGs - Servant's Mess)
Hill Giant Schlub AC11 HP59ea PP8
-HGS2 59/59; HGS3 59/59
Orogs AC12 HP42ea PP10*
-Orog1 42/42; Orog2 42/42; Orog3 42/42
GM: End Round Two; Begin Round Three
 

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Gimlak respectfully looks at Donnel and telepathically says Glory to you and your ancestors! Not many a youth would have survived a giant's attention! He knows the lad won't last another volley, so Gimlak concentrates and lashes at the giant's mind and then telepathically says to Donnel: Come to me now or you may not see another day!
He then moves to put more distance between himself and the fighting.

OOC: Action: Tasha's mind whip on the HG chef. Int Save DC 17 or 15 psychic damage and it can’t take a reaction until the end of its next turn. Moreover, on its next turn, it must choose whether it gets a move, an action, or a bonus action; it gets only one of the three. On a successful save, the target takes half as much damage and suffers none of the spell’s other effects.
Bonus action: Telekinetic speech on Donnell, says the above
Move to K40
Reaction: if giant succeeds save, Gimlack will psionically cast silvery barbs on it to make sure it fails the save
OOC:
Note: the point of this is to allow Donnel to get away from the HG Chef
 
Last edited:

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Kaligan sees the Colonel's squire in danger and that the south is secure as all the orcs are dead, so he literally springs into action. With a telekinetic leap he quickly lands in front of the giant and swings his blade. Unfortunately Kaligan underestimated the distance by a few feet causing his first swing to miss badly. Keeping a cool head under pressure, Kaligan quicky adjusted his attacks and his second swing bit home, this time powered by psionic energy.

OOC: I'm using a psionic die to refresh Psi-powered leap to give me a fly speed of 60 for this round, enabling me to reach the Chef(put me opposite of the Squire) and attack. Two swings : 1D20+8 = [1]+8 = 9 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15 After the second swing hits I'm using a second psionic die to power the attack. 1d8+4 sword and 1d8 for force damage which I forgot to add my intelligence modifier to, so 22 damage total: 1D8+4 = [8]+4 = 12 1D8 = [6] = 6 Lastly, since I used my psionic strike, the giant gets hit with Telekinetic Thrust. _: 1D20+7 = [17]+7 = 24 24 vs. giant's passive strength+3 If successful, it is knocked prone and 10 feet to land in front of Kahru and Gimlak.
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Gimlak attacked the giants mind, while telepathically telling Donnell to use the distraction to retreat. The giant held its head with its free hand, yelling ::Aagh! Dey hurt me brains!:: as Kaligan flew over his head and landed next to where the squire had been, as the lad did as he was told. Kaligan stabbed the giant once, and its fat suddenly rippled like the rings made by a stone in a pond. The giant stumbled back, falling on his behind, and he slid along the dirt floor until he arrived, seated, in front of Kahru.

OOC: Giant is prone and right next to Kahru. Kaligan did 22 damage to him, and Gimlak did 15 psychic. Donnell dashed southwards.
 


Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top