(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Hauling himself to the roof Kahru took position next to the Leaper Kaligan, impressed by his ability. The barbarian took the time to look across the rooftops to get an idea of the steadings lay out and then across to the watchtower to see how many guards were stationed there.

We should kill the guard in the tower” he whispered to the Leaper and the haunted man who had joined them “ remove the risk of being spotted and the alarm raised

The wolves are less risk
” he added taking a glance down at the dire wolves feeding below. So the giants kept them in their compound, Kahru thought maybe he could take on their form to move around unmolested.

OOC: Kahru StormBear AC15 HP 83/83 HD 9/9 PP16 SSdc14 4/4 3/3 3/3 WS 2/2 Rage 3/3 Staff 5/7

what is the distance to the watchtower? Can I see it from our current perch?
Also Im assuming the wolves are Dire Wolves for the purposes of acquiring a Wild shape form

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Falling is a bad way to die Gimlak thinks to himself. Without a sound nor a gesture, he summons a beholder kin aberration that appears next to him. He proceeds to climb on it and slowly floats to the roof to join the others. He tells them “Don’t worry, his name is Larry, and he’s with me”. It was impossible to tell whether the dwarf made a joke or not.

OOC: psionically cast summon aberration (beholder kin) using 4 spell points.
Spell points left: 8/12
Bonus Acton telepathic speech to instruct the aberration to let Gimlak climb on it and bring him to the roof.
Concentration on summon aberration ( round 1 of max 1h)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Kahru had a look around. He climbed up to the peak, where he used the enormous chimney for cover as he peered over at the watchtower, which stood slightly taller than the roof, but could not see down this side, where the group was gathering. He could make out one fat hill giant guard, whose back was to him, as the giant looked southward.

Donnell, the squire that the Colonel had been charged with taking along had nearly been forgotten he was so quiet in such illustrious company. The Colonel had not forgotten him, and the old soldier waited for the lad to make his way up the rope (a task he did with the expert enthusiasm of youth) before joining the others.

OOC: Which I am sure @Kobold Stew will do any moment. Donnell's Athletics Check: 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [16, 12]+3 = 19

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Once the others are up, and Donnell makes his way to the roof, the Colonel climbs up, bringing the rope with him.

OOC: Athletics. 2D20.HIGH(1)+6 = [13, 17]+6 = 23.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: So... there is only one problem with the plan of waiting until nightfall that I feel I should remind you of... PWoT and Larry are only going to last an hour. I mean, it should be dark by then, but there's no guarantee that the party will be over (it's "only" been going for two or three hours so far!)

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Kaligan listens to Kahru's suggestion to kill the guard in the watchtower and contemplates it for a moment. Taking a deep breath Kaligan responds quietly, "My main concern with that is that if they change the guard at sundown, it will be discovered that someone is here. If we lay low until nightfall, the guard in the tower and wolves shouldn't be able to see us up on the roof, which will be very dark. We need to get inside undetected." Thinking a little further about the Barbarian's motives, Kaligan continues, "We will have ample opportunity to kill giants once we are inside. No plan ever goes perfectly and we will be in their stronghold."

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I think you give them too much credit” Kahru shrugged doubting that the giants were organised enough to schedule a change of guard. No matter, the current guard was focussed south anyway and unlikely to spot the rooftop infiltrators.
Waiting for nightfall however was something the Barbarian did not agree with. Fortune favoured the bold, the advantage was now and waiting would just provide more time for them to be discovered by some random encounter.

Pulling back from the chimney Kahru joined the last few climbers as they arrived. The sight of a stout dwarf riding a beholder was a suprise though, and for a moment the barbarians hand went for his axe until the dwarf intervened.

Larry?” the Barbarian looked at the monster incredulously, unsure if he was more concerned about It or the ghastly gunslinger in their company; there was much weirdness in these foreign lands.

Nonetheless an idea was forming in his head and he looked from the abberation and back to the Chimneys.

can your Larry go down a chimney?” He inquired of Gimlak “get us a report of whats happening inside?

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
can your Larry go down a chimney?” He inquired of Gimlak “get us a report of whats happening inside?
We think alike friend, yes he can go downs and he can tell me telepathically what he sees”

Looking at Duvrael, he adds “if you can make him invisible, Larry will be able to soften up any giant he sees as his eyes can hurt their minds”

I no one disagrees, Gimlak telepathically instructs Larry to go down the chimney.

OOC: bonus action telepathic speech to restart the counter, Larry can be out of sight for 9 minutes and still get instructions from Gimlak

And @JustinCase, if Duvrael casts improved invisibility, we’ll have our very own invisible killer/reconnaissance drone ;-)

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
We think alike friend, yes he can go downs and he can tell me telepathically what he sees”

Looking at Duvrael, he adds “if you can make him invisible, Larry will be able to soften up any giant he sees as his eyes can hurt their minds”

I no one disagrees, Gimlak telepathically instructs Larry to go down the chimney.

OOC: bonus action telepathic speech to restart the counter, Larry can be out of sight for 9 minutes and still get instructions from Gimlak

And @JustinCase, if Duvrael casts improved invisibility, we’ll have our very own invisible killer/reconnaissance drone ;-)
"My friends." says Kaligan, "If a giant sees this come out of the chimney, they will search the roof. And there is the fire to consider. Is Larry immune to the heat and smoke?" Kaligan pauses before continuing, "Killing them during the day when they are active might also ruin their festive mood. We want them full to sleeping and drunk when we enter, do we not?" With that Kaligan settles back and awaits their answer.

Remove ads