(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Duvrael, Kaligan, and the Colonel's flying trident engaged in a ferocious battle in the corner of the kitchen. The orogs thrust their pikes as the wizard flung fire and the psychic warrior cut, thrust, and parried, defending them both.

The colonel had shocked one of the orogs with lightning as it passed him by and he tried to reach for the door to close it, but the giants were in his way and one of them slammed a chair into his shield, knocking him back a step.

OOC: Colonel did 18 to Orog2 (I chose this one to not have to backtrack). Duvrael and Kaligan killed Orog1. Kaligan did 8 to Orog2 and the trident did 7 to Orog3. The living orogs missed, as did the schlub with a chair. Colonel can't close the door, but can choose another action. Just @Steve Gorak Gimlak to go to roll the round.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Gimlack moves behind Doc, and Lashes at the remaining Orog's mind

OOC: Move to O 37
action: cast Mind Sliver on Orog 5, Intelligence save DC 17 or2 psychic damage, and subtract 1 from the next saving throw it makes before the end of your next turn. (dang, rolled 3x 1 on Coyote code. low low odds of that!).

bonus action: convert 4th level slot to spell points

Concentrating on hunger of hadar

Spell points 8 (12 base - 4 psionic cast summon aberration, - psionic cast 4 hunger of hadar + 4 conversion)
Spells level 1: 4/4 ; level 2: 2/3 ; level 3: 3/3 ; level 4: 2/3 ; level 5: 1/1 (cast tashals mind whip (level 2) and converted 4th level spell slot to spell points)
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Gimlak did some mental shuffling, reorganizing his psychic powers and concentrating on the sphere of horrid darkness. He made a weak attempt to spike the mind of one of the orogs, and found it easy enough to get in. The orog was distracted enough that Kahru's dire wolves made their move: They pounced into the fray, knocking down and mauling the remaining orogs.

Now the only enemies who remained were three ugly and stupid-looking giants: The chef's wife with her rocks in the little bedroom, and the two who were swinging chairs through the door at the Colonel, slamming them into his shield.

OOC: Between Gimlak and the wolves, the orogs are dead. The colonel can still do his revised action, but I'm going to roll the round anyway so we can keep up momentum. Oh, almost forgot. HGS1 got the Colonel for 8.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Steading Kitchen & Servant's Mess Hall
G2Kitchen5.jpg

(General Features) Difficult Terrain: Barrels & Tables; Visibility: Dim (Braziers); Cover: Tables
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells (Etc) * (Notes)
(PCs)
Colonel AC19* HP 34/66 THP 0/13 HD 9/9 PP19* SSdc18 4/4 1/3 3/3 3/3 1/1 CD 2/2
Doc AC14 HP 84/84 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP20 SSdc16 1/2 Wls 2/4 Crs 1/1 PL 4/4 Wsp 1/1
Duvrael AC12(15) HP 44/56 THP 0/13 HD 9/9 PP15* SSdc17 2/4 1/3 2/3 3/3 1/1
Gimlak AC17 HP 68/68 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP12* SSdc17 4/4 2/3 3/3 2/3 1/1 SP 8/12
Kahru AC15 HP 83/83 HD 9/9 PP16 SSdc14 4/4 3/3 2/3 WS 1/2 Rg 3/3 Stf 5/7
-Kahru-Bear AC12 HP 42/42 THP 13/13
Kaligan AC18* HP 76/76 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP14 PD 8/8 DT 1/1 TK 1/1 AS 1/1 2W 1/1 ID 1/1
(NPCs)
Donnell AC19* HP29/29 THP 0/13 HD 4/4 AS 1/1 2W 0/1
Hiss AC13 HP 2/2 PP10* ts10'
DireWolf1 HP 29/37
DireWolf2 HP 33/37
Name * AC * HP * PP * (Notes)
(BGs - Kitchen)
HG Chef AC13 HP 0/125 PP12 (dead)
HGS1 (Wife) AC11 HP 59/59 PP8
Orogs AC12 HP42ea PP10*
-Orog1 0/42 (dead); Orog2 0/42; Orog3 7/42
Orcs AC11 HP15ea PP10*
-O7 15/15 (surrendered); O8 15/15 (surrendered);
(BGs - Servant's Mess)
Hill Giant Schlub AC11 HP59ea PP8
-HGS2 59/59; HGS3 59/59
GM: End Round Four; Begin Round Five
 

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Kaligan sees the Colonel standing alone against two giants. Making a quick decision, he moves quickly to the Colonel's side. Kaligan's longsword darts about and bites into the Schlub not once, but twice. During the skirmish, Kaligan spares a moment to glance back towards Schlub #1 and telekinetically pulls it into the darkness.

OOC: Two attacks on Schlub #2: 1D20+8 = [11]+8 = 19
1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16
Total Damage 17: 1D8+4 = [7]+4 = 11 1D8+4 = [2]+4 = 6 I'm also using the Telekinetic feat as a bonus action to pull Schlub #1 5 feet towards me which gets it into the darkness there.
Strength attack of 23 vs. the giants passive strength +3 1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Kaligan moved to the north to help the Colonel. He stabbed one of the two giants in her fat belly with his sword while shielding himself from her swings of a big oak chair. In the small room, the chef's wife was preparing to throw a rock at the gunslinger, and Kaligan telekinetically yanked her arm, pulling her into Gimlak's darkness. The rock thumped to the floor and she pulled herself back out yelling, ::Aaah! It bited me!::

OOC: Kaligan did 17 to HGS2, who missed him. Hunger did 12 to HGS1 (wife) who missed Doc.
 


FitzTheRuke

Legend
With the two schlubs blocked behind the doorway by the Leaper and the Colonel, Kahru moves towards the giants wife, over the corpses of the fallen orogs attacking her with tooth and claw.
OOC: I love it, but the shortest distance I can count between you and her is 60 feet, if I play very loose with difficult terrain. Bear's speed is 40.
 

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
As Gimlak moves forward, he focuses his mind on the giant that has not been wounded yet by Kaligan, and he helps the bear move a bit more forward.

OOC: action: mind sliver on schlub#3, Intelligence save DC 17 or 3 psychic damage and substract 2 from the next saving throw it makes before the end of your next turn.
Bonus action: telekinetic shove bear 5 ft forward
Move: to R 33
 

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
OOC: I love it, but the shortest distance I can count between you and her is 60 feet, if I play very loose with difficult terrain. Bear's speed is 40.
OOC: Ah! I had assumed that when Kaligan had yanked her forward she had come into range (us both being large) - also thank you Gimlak for the shove ;D
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Ah! I had assumed that when Kaligan had yanked her forward she had come into range (us both being large) - also thank you Gimlak for the shove ;D
OOC: She only got moved 5 feet. (And moved back, but that is neither here nor there). I am going to fudge it (call Gimlak's shove enough) and let your turn stand so we don't have to backtrack).
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Duvrael hardly acknowledges Kaligan's actions that saved him from the wrathful orogs, although the wizard makes a mental note to treat the human as a near-equal later. A protector is useful, particularly in a fight.

Those giants need to be taken care of first, however, and the yuan ti is glad to see the female one, whose very words hurt his ears, move away from the magical darkness and straight towards a magically propelled bear ally.

Not even moving from his spot next to the corpses, Duvrael starts intoning a monotonous hymn that sounds more like a dirge than an incantation, and ends with a complicated gesture with his left hand.

Across the room, the spectre of a snakeman appears behind the giantess, translucent and insubstantial as smoke. It places its spectral hand on the hill giant's shoulder, where it seeps life energy from it. When the spectre vanishes, the hand remains...

OOC: Casting the cantrip Chill Touch, targeting the hill giant chef's wife.
Ranged spell attack: 1D20+9 = [6]+9 = 15
Target takes 2d8 = 3+4= 7 necrotic damage and cannot regain hitpoints until the start of my next turn.


Duvrael AC15*(+5) HP 44/56 THP 0/13 HD 9/9 PP15* SSdc17 2/4 1/3 2/3 3/3 1/1 P 4,17
Reaction readied: Shield spell when attacked with a melee or ranged attack of with magic missile.
 

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Doc feels the stone of the Chef's wife. Unperturbed, he adjusts his hat and strides quickly toward her, firing his gun.

OOC:
Last allies post is wrong, I think. Should be (after 14 damage per #156)-
Doc AC14 HP 83/84 THP 0/13 HD 9/9 PP20 SSdc16 1/2 Wls 2/4 Crs 1/1 PL 4/4 Wsp 1/1

Concentration save DC 10 to keep hex
Concentration Save: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15


Bonus Action- Move Hex to Chef's Wife
Move to S31 (same square as dead Orog3)

Shoot twice at chef's wife.
First shot, sneak attack (target engaged), hex: 1D20+9 = [7]+9 = 16
1D10+5 = [7]+5 = 12
2D6 = [3, 4] = 7
1D6 = [4] = 4


Second shot (no sneak): 1D20+9 = [15]+9 = 24
1D10+5 = [2]+5 = 7
1D6 = [5] = 5


Piercer reroll (second shot)
Piercer reroll: 1D10+5 = [1]+5 = 6

Muahahahaha!

Total damage: 34
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Kahru dropped onto all fours and bounded across the room, knocking his wolves aside who stayed, mauling the corpses of the dead orogs. Gimlak saw that the northerner would come very close to being harmed by his black sphere, so he gave the bear a telekinetic shove. While doing so, he gave Kahru the extra leap that he needed to reach the giantess, who had tucked herself behind the wall of her little room. The bear scratched and chomped at her as she hollered.

Then Gimlak turned his attention on a giant in the north door. He found it exceedingly simple to reach into its mind, and plant a psychic sliver that would harm the giant's focus, leading to foolish mistakes. These giants were already fools.

OOC: Kahru did 20 to HGS1; Wolves chewed corpses; Gimlak did 3 to HGS3 (& -2 to saves)
HGS3 dc17 Int Save (good luck.):Save: 1D20-3 = [3]-3 = 0
Haw.[/ooc]
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Doc strode forward, adjusting his hat. As he stepped near the dead orog, the dire wolf dragged it away growling, as if the gunslinger would steal his kill. The wolf recognized an alpha predator. Doc raised his gun and fired two shots, which made their strange dull ghostly thumping noises. They were not easy shots - the chef's wife was trying to hide from Kahru behind her bedroom's log-wall; the bear was framing the open doorway, reaching through to get at her; part of the doorway was covered by Gimlak's hungry darkness.

Yet still, the ghostly bullets fired true, striking the giantess in the chest. She staggered back, clutching at the wound and her hollering died to a wheeze. Then she collapsed backward onto her dead husband's bed.

Duvrael had been starting to conjure a spectral snakeman behind her. As she fell, he frowned and flung his outstretched hand to the left, and the spectral snakeman appeared instead behind a giant in the north room, touched it with a ghostly hand, which caused the giant to startle and look about in pain and confusion.

OOC: That'll do her in. Oops. I missed Duvrael. I'll just have him switch targets. HGS3 takes the 7 chill touch. @Kobold Stew Just the Colonel to go to roll the round.
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Sorry. Back in IC 154 there was the revised action I mentioned in the DM that seems not to have been implemented at the start of round 5 -- all three schlubs should have some damage, and depending on their saves, some might be prone. Once I see where we are, I can post an action (and back in Canada now, as of 2am last night).
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Sorry. Back in IC 154 there was the revised action I mentioned in the DM that seems not to have been implemented at the start of round 5 -- all three schlubs should have some damage, and depending on their saves, some might be prone. Once I see where we are, I can post an action (and back in Canada now, as of 2am last night).
OOC: Oh... you edited it into the old post. I was still waiting for it (I hadn't looked back). I'll resolve that now, thought they would have stood back up between your turns, had they been knocked down. Let me see....
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Yes -- sorry. It's really the damage done, which should be substantial in the last round (and might change some of this round's actions?
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Colonel had been doing the hard work of holding the door before Kaligan showed up to help him. He had tried to stop the orogs making it through; he had tried to close the door. Neither had worked out in his favour. He sent a blast of destructive energy through the door, hoping to drive the giants back, or to knock them prone. While it thundered in their faces, pummelling them hard, they both stood when it calmed, still holding cracked and battered chairs.

OOC: They both saved. They took 9 thunder and 7 Radiant. Sorry it wasn't more satisfying. Let's move on.

Yes -- sorry. It's really the damage done, which should be substantial in the last round (and might change some of this round's actions?
OOC: Let's not backtrack that far. If actions get changed after the fact, let's just implement them in the order where they're posted. (I should have caught it so it should have been implemented much sooner, but I really thought that you just hadn't got to it yet). You still have a turn for this round.
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Fair enough. The wife and the three orogs were also hit, though, right? It was Glimlak and the wolves I was thinking might have to re-do actions.
 

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top