(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Kahru-the-bear bellowed as the giants pelted him with a barrage of stones, one hitting his snout causing the bear form to fall, it did not stop his bellowing however.

Kahru the barbarian raged, the corpses of the dead giants spurred him on, he swung his head along the fire wall and spotting the young giant in the corner, leapt over the bed and rushed towards him, intending to shove him in to the flames
OOC: what size is a Young HG? Anyway will attempt to Shove YHG 6 into the firewall
Attack : 1D20+7 = [19]+7 = 26
Shove (advantage): 1D20.HIGH(2)+2 = [12]+2 = 14

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
What size is a Young HG? Anyway will attempt to Shove YHG 6 into the firewall
OOC: They're at the smaller end of large. You may notice that I play around a little with icon size, to reflect "actual" size. I started this because statblock-wise, the "Schlubs" are large, and yet, they're supposed to be Hill Giants, which are nominally Huge. I figure that a Hill Giant ranges from Large to Huge depending on how tall and fat they are. The statblock for the youths says Medium, but I feel like that's a long way to go to get to Huge, and I don't want them to be little giant kids. They're more like teens. So they're Large, just not as big as many large creatures. Bigger than a goliath or a firbolg, though.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Satisfied with the pandemonium his spells have created among the enemy ranks, Duvrael carefully saunters after his companions. The wizard carefully steps over the bodies of giants and mentally prepares himself for the "ma and pa" giants to come out of the next room.

With a hint of sadness, Duvrael realizes he has already used up his most powerful magic. But there's always another fireball...

OOC: Move then Dash to AZ-49. Maintaining concentration on the Wall of Fire.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Gimlack grunts as he focuses on a giant and stabs at its mind before he attempts to telekinetic move it

OOC: action: mind sliver on yhg6 if Kahru’s shove attempt fails int save dc 17 or 4 damage & next save at -1
Bonus action: telekinetic shove through wall

If Kahru is successful, Gimlak target yhg8 and pull at it

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The Colonel continues to the double doors, and ensures that they are barred. Once that is done, he makes his way towards the fray.

OOC: Move to AV 52.
Action: bolt the door.
Continue move to AY54.

Meanwhile, as planned, Donnell also prepares to enter battle.

OOC: Move to AZ44.
Action: Dodge.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Doc watches the bear-Kahru transform back into just Kahru, and hurtle himself toward another giant. Gotta admire that gumption. Doc follows the raging Barbarian full of fury and purpose for a few feet, and then stops to fire his spectral revolver at the Kahru's target.

OOC:
Doc moves to BD 53.

Bonus action- Doc moves HEX to YHG6
Action- Doc shoots twice YHG6 (first shot with sneak, as YHG6 is engaged by Kahru)

First shot, sneak attack (target engaged), hex: 1D20+9 = [2]+9 = 11
1D10+5 = [3]+5 = 8
2D6 = [2, 2] = 4
1D6 = [2] = 2

Second shot (no sneak): 1D20+9 = [9]+9 = 18
1D10+5 = [8]+5 = 13
1D6 = [3] = 3

Looks like only one hit, 16 damage.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Kaligan tried to lift a young giant with his mind, who held the door-frame until the psychic was forced to give up the attempt. The young giant then swung a club at Kahru, foiling his attempt to push a sibling through the fire-wall. For a moment, the two of them surrounded the barbarian, who defended himself admirably, until Gimlak helped him out by stunning one with a mind-blast that sent the young giant stumbling back into the flames before falling to the ground on fire.

The other giant may yet have thumped Kahru, but Doc strode forth and shot him before a series of javelins and a big stone rained down on him. He managed to side-step the spears, but the rock hit him in the leg before it rolled under a bed.

Two young giants lay on the floor laughing in spite of the heat of the wall. One of them made an attempt to get away, but Gimlak clouded her mind and she fell back on the ground, laughing and burning.

OOC: Sorry about the delay. I really thought that I'd already posted for the giants. Apparently I moved them around on my map, made a plan, and then got distracted. I thought I was waiting on all of you, but you were waiting on me. Here goes: Gimlak killed YHG6, so Doc hexed & shot YHG2 for 16. YHG2 missed Kahru. Schlub3 got Doc for 17 with a rock, but YHG3 & YHG8 missed him. YHG7 & 9 took 21 fire from the wall & are still laughing (Gimlak would have to use Silvery Barbs). Still a couple more to go. BRB ASAP.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Kahru continued to roar his rage, even as a second young giant swung at him, forcing the northman to defend himself rather than complete his charge. The frenzy of battle clouded the barbarians senses but he was grateful to see his assailants fall and would need to acknowledge his companions..
OOC: Sorry about the delay. Still a couple more to go. BRB ASAP.
No need to apologise, patience is a virtue. But with all that movement a new map would be awesome :)

Remove ads