D&D 5E [IC] Against the Slavelords

GreenKarl

First Post
Aysche nods to Levanna, saying "The Grennets are the next family up that is also along the way. But most of their 'militia' will be out tending their livestock. It would take time to gather them. If you advise it we can try and get to them and get the organized for a raid today. Or if you wanted to hold up there tonight we could try that but we can't be away from our livestock more then a day or two. We are not leaving enough people behind to tend to them long term.

There one other family farther south, the Reedworths. Although there is also the Hakan ranch. He lives alone but... well the families all talk about him. He's... different somehow. He raises horses out on the edge of the frontier all by his lonesome and somehow survives. There is nothing but ork and monster country south of his place...
" The young militia woman shakes her head looking back at her mother with a worried edge in her eyes...

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tirion Cayde, Cleric Level 5 (Life)

Cave south of Elredd
Day 2/Afternoon

Tirion listened to Aysche explain the lay of the land. “Then let us head up to the Grennets and see if they can raise some fighters to join us. We can start early in the morning and stop at the Reedworths on the way to the orc encampment. If we are quick, we could hit the orcs by early afternoon, when they will hopefully be their most lethargic from their nocturnal activities. Perhaps someone could be sent to the Reedworths to explain the situation so they are ready for us when we arrive.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Conditions: Guidance

Inspiration: 1

Initiative: +0
Perception: +4 (Passive: 14)
Speed: 30
AC: 20 (plate and shield)
HP: 33/33 HD: 5/5d8
Main Hand: None
Off Hand: None

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips: Guidance, Thaumaturgy, Mending, Sacred Flame
1st: (Bless, Cure Wounds), Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Command
2nd: (Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon), Prayer of Healing, Hold Person, Blindness/Deafness
3rd: (Beacon of Hope, Revivify), Spirit Guardians, Dispel Magic, Mass Healing Word

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
1st: 4/4
2nd: 3/3
3rd: 2/2
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
"I think at this point speed is our ally. This 'spellcaster' might have a way to see what's coming. Let's not give them any more time than we have to. If we can can pick up an extra warrior or two at the Grennets or the Reedworth's then that is all to the good, but only if they happen to be ready when we get there." He turns to their skinchanger ally. "Do you know aught of this lone horse farmer on the edge of the wild?"

BlueLotus

Explorer
[section]
A small look of annoyance flashed across Levanna's features. She turned to the rogue and was about to reiterate the need for as many fighters as can be had. If she had her way, Levanna would raise an army. But instead, she sighed and nodded.

"You are right and that is a sensible compromise. Very well, I agree. We should only take those who are ready to fight immediately, for the sake of speed."
[/section]

[sblock='Mini Stat Block']
Levanna (Wizard 5) 5th level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Investigation: 17
Speed: 30'

AC: 14
HP 32/32

In Hand:Quarterstaff

Spell Save DC: 14

Prepared Spells:
1st: Mage Armor, Shield, Feather Fall, Magic Missile,
2nd: Misty Step, Suggestion, Invisibility, Flaming Sphere
3rd: Counterspell

Spell slots remaining/Spell slots total:
1st: 3/4

Active Spells (c) denotes concentration
Mage Armor, Light

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
The skinchanger looks down at Kelvyn wearily and adds "Aye, my mate and I know the... man. But it is not my place to speak for him good or ill. Let me say he has more in common then my kind then he does in yours... but he is not a were-creature... mayhaps I have said to much. He might aid you or he might ignore you or kill you all. I cannot say."

The militia are all eager to get moving and follow the parties lead...

GM: Just want to be sure which route you want to go. If you follow the trail-road that you have been following you will pass by the Grennets homestead before you have to go into the hills towards the caves the orks are hold up in...

KahlessNestor

Adventurer

Cave south of Elredd
Day 2/Afternoon

Tirion listened to the others and nodded. He found the were-bear’s story of the old man...intriguing, but he seemed a wild card. Their rogue indicated speed was important, and Tirion couldn’t disagree, but so was Levanna’s desire for more fighters.

“Let us head down to the Grennets and see who they can muster. Then we should be heading into the hills. We do not want to engage with orcs after dark if we can help it.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Prepared Spells:
2nd: (Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon), Prayer of Healing, Hold Person, Blindness/Deafness
3rd: (Beacon of Hope, Revivify), Spirit Guardians, Dispel Magic, Mass Healing Word

[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
The group takes the lead with the militia heading down the trail south. After about an hour they come through some hills into a small valley where a number of homestead buildings are found. Aysche confirms that this is the Grennets homestead. There are a number of people working around the buildings and large barn and a number of children playing near the hills edge. Someone notices the group as they approach and shouts among the homesteaders start assembling the people around the main house.

As the team approaches six older men and women step forward to meet you. They seem a bit weary but noticing the other family of militia they have no weapons drawn (although all are armed). An older man with a slung longbow over one shoulder speaks up first "Hail strangers. Too what do we own a visit from our cousins and you?"

Aysche stands next to the team but she looks to you to see if you wish to speak or want her too...

KahlessNestor

Adventurer

Grennet Farm
Day 2/Afternoon (3PM)

“Hail and well met!” Tirion greeted the Grennets. “No doubt you have heard the word of an orc scouting party in the area,” he said. “We have been investigating their intentions and found this to be more than just a simple raid on your farmsteads. They are intending to capture you as sacrifices for their deep god of evil. Aysche and her family have agreed to aid us in wiping them out, but we could use whatever aid your family could provide, as well,” he told them.

[sblock=Persuasion]
[roll0]
[roll1]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Prepared Spells:

[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
The older man nods looking the cleric over and the rest of the group. Scratching his bread he says "Hmm... we always had raids by orckind and have always been able to drive them back. My scouts been saying they are seeing a lot more sigh then normal though. I am inclined to wait them out as they have always gotten beat in the past and left... but yea make a good argument that this might be something more I suppose. We an't got the numbers but I suppose we could round up a half dozen or so young'uns to help out. If Aysche's mom agreed to this I reckon we should also...

Looking at those he is standing with, they all also nod their heads in agreement. He looks back to Tirion and adds "How much time ye figure we have to gather our militia? You planning on a raid today or tomorrow or are you thinking at night? Do ye know where their hold up or are ye thinking about ambushing them some wheres? We have been getting raids hitting our homestead every other night but only by a few orckind at a time, no more then a dozen. And they run off after we kill one or two of them."

BlueLotus

Explorer
[section]
"Time is not on our side and so we mean to strike them before dusk. Any that would join us should be ready to leave within minutes, not hours. Any able bodied person that can be spared only increases the likelihood of our success and will reduce the casualties of your people. The orcs may not have been much of a nuisance before, but we have seen evidence that a shaman of sorts is leading them. These raiders are probably just testing your defenses and strengths while they amass enough numbers to overwhelm each of your families," Levanna explained. She gestured toward the wild woman and continued.

"We do know where they are, and we mean to first try a surprise attack through caves near them."

[/section]

[sblock='Mini Stat Block']
Levanna (Wizard 5) 5th level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Investigation: 17
Speed: 30'

AC: 14
HP 32/32

In Hand:Quarterstaff

Spell Save DC: 14